Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Unstickify, please!

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2013, 3:10pm

Post #1 of 8 (410 views)
Shortcut
Unstickify, please! Can't Post

The screencap of the day sign-up thread for March still has a sticky on it. It's probably more than ready to be let go. Tongue

Feel free to sticky the current thread for May, if you'd like. If not, I'll make a request next week.

Stigmata Script, a bastion for aspiring writers - http://stigmatascript.com/

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 30 2013, 3:17pm

Post #2 of 8 (359 views)
Shortcut
Done! Hey, has there been discussion about [In reply to] Can't Post

starting a SCOD for The Hobbit:AUJ? Now that the DVD/Blu Ray is out, might be a good project for the summer.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2013, 4:27pm

Post #3 of 8 (366 views)
Shortcut
Not yet, [In reply to] Can't Post

though it's passed my mind in the past. I figured waiting on the extended editions might be good, for consistency's sake. Tongue

Thanks, entmaiden!

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

(This post was edited by One Ringer on Apr 30 2013, 4:27pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Apr 30 2013, 6:24pm

Post #4 of 8 (349 views)
Shortcut
AUJ SCOD [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure how many we have left for the LOTR trilogy, but would we be ready for an AUJ SCOD after finishing Return of the King? I'd certainly look forward to such a discussion because it'll be nice to be able to go through the movie and discuss it more in depth.

Also, would it be on the Hobbit board? I'd think it would get quickly swallowed.

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, it is bitter to receive." -Arwen

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2013, 6:44pm

Post #5 of 8 (352 views)
Shortcut
That's the other thing, of course, [In reply to] Can't Post

With how fast threads circulate in the Hobbit boards, it probably would get swallowed, but it also would likely see a lot of action anyway.

In terms of finishing the current run on LotR, I'd say we still have nearly a year yet to go. We normally cover eight parts a month, and we're currently in the third act of TTT. If memory serves, RotK has about 80-90 parts, so that alone will take about ten months to get through (this is if we wanted to only do one SCOD at a time, too). I'll get some opinions later down the road and play it by ear, but I do hope we get the Hobbit SCOD off the ground at some point.

(This post was edited by One Ringer on Apr 30 2013, 6:49pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Apr 30 2013, 7:02pm

Post #6 of 8 (365 views)
Shortcut
I didn't realize [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I didn't realize each film took so long. I'll look forward to the AUJ discussions whenever those end up happening Smile

Thanks for organizing these!

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, it is bitter to receive." -Arwen

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 30 2013, 8:42pm

Post #7 of 8 (340 views)
Shortcut
That's occurred to me, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to start some SCOD type discussions for THAUJ but I don't think the board will allow for it. It moves too fast.

and, even though it's been shot down... this is why I thought a board to discuss the movies that have been released that was separate from a speculation, spoiler, news board would be nice.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 30 2013, 8:47pm

Post #8 of 8 (633 views)
Shortcut
Nice, but not practical [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll spend more time discussing whether an item belongs on the News board or the other. Once the rules get complicated, they get broken.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.