Weekly Caption Contest!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 2 2007, 11:08am

Post #51 of 59 (723 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf's attempt at lobalotomy [nt] [In reply to] Can't Post

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

A little bit of my Middle-earth by canoe.

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 2 2007, 2:13pm

Post #52 of 59 (736 views)
Shortcut
'I rather have a Balrog in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Pippin: "When you guys fall, does it make a sound?"
Bregalad: "Are you kidding? Scott fell last week and he hasn't shut up about it since."

Elanor
Bree

Mar 2 2007, 5:33pm

Post #53 of 59 (711 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf came to regret putting Balrog Flambe on the menu. /nt [In reply to] Can't Post

"Frodo thought for a moment. 'Well, Sam, what about elanor, the sun-star, you remember the little golden flower in the grass of Lothlorien?'"

Ciars
Rohan

Mar 2 2007, 6:30pm

Post #54 of 59 (724 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf just couldn't figure out the new coffee machine (n/t) [In reply to] Can't Post

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Mar 2 2007, 8:43pm

Post #55 of 59 (735 views)
Shortcut
get out of the line of fire, quick!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 2 2007, 9:01pm

Post #56 of 59 (715 views)
Shortcut
Fry cook Gandalf at the Moria Bar and Grill. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Pippin: "When you guys fall, does it make a sound?"
Bregalad: "Are you kidding? Scott fell last week and he hasn't shut up about it since."

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 3 2007, 2:13pm

Post #57 of 59 (724 views)
Shortcut
Ha! Hehe! One could always use a good laugh. I think i'll adjust yon term to LoBALotROGomy. [In reply to] Can't Post

All for medical accuracy of course.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

A little bit of my Middle-earth by canoe.

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

Mar 3 2007, 10:16pm

Post #58 of 59 (710 views)
Shortcut
"Hey Gandy! How are those burgers coming?" "Well done!" [In reply to] Can't Post

When the seas and mountains fall and we come to end of days, in the dark I hear your call calling me there, i will go there and back again.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 5 2007, 8:32pm

Post #59 of 59 (746 views)
Shortcut
*Gandalf tests his BBQ with a meat thermometer* "Ahhh.... Well done!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.