Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
SAST Quiz #14
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Apr 29 2013, 8:50pm

Post #1 of 37 (547 views)
Shortcut
SAST Quiz #14 Can't Post

*Ro wanders in with an umbrella, saying “Tut, tut, it looks like rain* Greetings and salutations, oh ye quiz-takers, and welcome to this week’s edition of the Short Attention Span Theatre! Get your umbrellas ready, for this week we’re covering Chapter 17, The Clouds Burst. A rather momentous chapter! Remember: this quiz is CLOSED BOOK, and your answers must be entirely your own. Sneakers, peekers, and all other cheaters will be subjected to the wrath of Thorin and thrown down onto sharp rocks far below. With or without a good besmirching first. As always: questions worth one point each, quiz closes in three days, and bribes are ALWAYS welcome. Have fun! *Ro settles comfortably with a good view of Erebor’s front gate*

1. What is in the casket carried by the old man who accompanies Bard and the Elvenking when they go to parley with Thorin?

2. Fill in the blanks (three words): “‘You all seem in league!’ said Thorin dropping Bilbo on top of the wall. ‘Never again will I have dealings with any wizard or his friends. What have you to say, you _____ ______ ______?’”

3. What are Thorin and Company wearing when they burst forth out of the gate of Erebor to join the battle?

4. With whom does Bilbo take his stand during the battle?

5. What does Bilbo see coming at the end of the chapter, just before he is smote heavily on the head with a stone?

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2013, 8:57pm

Post #2 of 37 (358 views)
Shortcut
That was me last week. [In reply to] Can't Post

By the 20th of the month, we had already exceeded our monthly record for rain, and we went over the top last week. The trees have had enough, and they are budding out, even when it was still cold! It's a little warmer now, so it's greening up nicely.

Oh, there's a quiz?Cool All right-y then.

1. What is in the casket carried by the old man who accompanies Bard and the Elvenking when they go to parley with Thorin?

It's the Arkenstone, but Thorin doesn't know it yet. He'll be very upset.Shocked

2. Fill in the blanks (three words): “‘You all seem in league!’ said Thorin dropping Bilbo on top of the wall. ‘Never again will I have dealings with any wizard or his friends. What have you to say, you _____ ______ ______?’”

I thought he said "wretched hobbit" but you want three words. Hmmmm....maybe burglar was part of what he called Bilbo.

3. What are Thorin and Company wearing when they burst forth out of the gate of Erebor to join the battle?

Armor from Smaug's hoard.

He hangs out with the elves.

5. What does Bilbo see coming at the end of the chapter, just before he is smote heavily on the head with a stone?

The Eagles!

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Apr 29 2013, 9:03pm

Post #3 of 37 (365 views)
Shortcut
SAST Quiz #13 ANSWERS & RESULTS [In reply to] Can't Post

*Ro dashes in* Many thanks to all 29 of you who played last week with Quiz #13! And even more importantly, MANY thanks to all for the lovely birthday wishes!!! A delightful bunch of well-wishers you all are. And like Yoda sometimes I speak. Wait, wrong franchise… Okay, so, average score on this quiz was a 3.6, so just a little above mediocrity. Well done! As always, let me know if you have questions or comments, and have fun playing with this week’s quiz! *Ro dashes back out*

Answers

1. After the “Good morning” exchange, Bilbo scuttles inside his door and Gandalf stands outside the door laughing long but quietly. What does Gandalf do next?

“After a while he stepped up, and with the spike on his staff scratched a queer sign on the hobbit’s beautiful green front-door.”

2. Which Dwarf is first to arrive at Bag End?

“As soon as the door was opened, he [the first dwarf] pushed inside, just as if he had been expected…. ‘Dwalin at your service!’ he said with a low bow.”

3. What instrument does Thorin play, after the feast when the Dwarves settle down to music-making?

“They came back in with viols as big as themselves, and with Thorin’s harp wrapped in a green cloth. It was a beautiful golden harp, and when Thorin struck it the music began all at once…”

4. The runes on the map that Gandalf gives Thorin read: “Five feet high the door and three may walk abreast.” Fill in the blanks (four words).

5. Who killed Thorin’s grandfather Thror?

[Gandalf speaking:] “Your grandfather Thror was killed, you remember, in the mines of Moria by Azog the Goblin.”

Results

5 Points
Angharad73
Aragalen the Green
Bellerock
Brethil
dernwyn
Elberbeth
Eowyn of Penns Woods
Finding Frodo
sador
Silverlode

4 Points
Aunt Dora Baggins
elaen32
Elessar
Elwen
entmaiden
Eowyn3
Riven Delve
The Prancing Pony

3 Points
Ataahua
batik
grammaboodawg
MomoftheShire (welcome!!!)
Nira
Ziggy Stardust

2 Points
Arandiel
SirDennisC

0 Points (but los of IEC!!!)
Darkstone (a giant, huge WELCOME BACK!!!)
Eruwestial37
ryouko

Invisible Extra Credit to: Aragalen the Green; Ataahua; batik; Bellerock; Darkstone; dernwyn; elaen32; Elberbeth; Elwen; entmaiden; Eruwestial37; grammaboodawg; Nira; ryouko; SirDennisC; The Prancing Pony

Double IEC to Arandiel and Angharad73 for getting Thorin’s hair into every answer; to Riven Delve for the pictures (PHWOAR!); to Brethil for turning her answers into a poem (and for the picture – PHWOAR!!!), to Silverlode for the song and pictures (gorgeous harp!), to Eowyn of Penns Woods, the Knitting Queen Extraordinaire, for another wonderful knitting-themed answer; and to sador for delightful answers including finding another theme-song and the reference to Winnie the Pooh.

elaen32
Gondor

Apr 29 2013, 9:11pm

Post #4 of 37 (352 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm, some besmirching going on in this chapter! [In reply to] Can't Post

1) A life times' supply of hair care products of course!! (I just wanted to be the first to make this pointLaugh)
Well, no.. 'twas the Arkenstone... Trouble's a-coming!

2) "son of rats" NOT very nice Thorin! Definitely some besmirching going on here!

3) Didn't know that they made those of chainmail, even in EreborWink Oh, yes, golden armour from Smaug's hoard (Can't wait to see RA looking majestic in hisEvil)

4) The treacherous rabbit sides with the Elves

5) The stone?? Eagles

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 29 2013, 9:31pm

Post #5 of 37 (363 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmmm..... [In reply to] Can't Post

A skull with a scroll in it that read:

"All that glisters is not gold;
Often have you heard that told.
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold,
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.
Had you been as wise as bold,
Young in limbs, in judgment old,
Your answer had not been inscroll'd:
Fare you well; your suit is cold."

This later gave Bilbo a great idea for a poem about Aragorn!

“you hwascally hwobbit!”

Their do-mi-do duds!

The tutsi-frutsi ice cream man.

The miller, whereupon Bilbo’s face, at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 29 2013, 9:54pm

Post #6 of 37 (347 views)
Shortcut
Checking in to play some ME Jeopardy [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
(Thanks for last weeks EIC!Heart) 1. What is in the casket carried by the old man who accompanies Bard and the Elvenking when they go to parley with Thorin? Ro, I'll take Family Jewels for 100..."What is 'the Arkenstone". (THIS category probably gets a LOT more fun later on.)

2. Fill in the blanks (three words): “‘You all seem in league!’ said Thorin dropping Bilbo on top of the wall. ‘Never again will I have dealings with any wizard or his friends. What have you to say, you _____ ______ ______?’” Love your dress tonight Ro...I'll take Subway-Animal Based Insults for 300..."What is a 'descendant of rats?'."

Let's see, Ro...I will take Kings Dress for Success for 1500...What is "something I would like to tear off with my teeth?"...and the bonus question? Well the rest of the Company is also wearing something. I think armor. Too busy thinking about the first part.

Ro, let's mix it up with "Regally Hot Blondes" for 300..."Who is Thranduil, the Elvenking, who has fabulous taste in wine?"

5. What does Bilbo see coming at the end of the chapter, just before he is smote heavily on the head with a stone?Let's have Deus ex Machina for 400..."What are the giant Eagles?" And for our weekly Picture Tradition.... "Look deeply into my eyes, darling Ro....."

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

batik
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2013, 11:29pm

Post #7 of 37 (324 views)
Shortcut
going for 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice crispy tater chips! Ruffles or Lays...

Robin Andes Merrimen

Axe for Men, er Dwarves!

Willie Nelson

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 29 2013, 11:37pm

Post #8 of 37 (328 views)
Shortcut
maciliel-answers [In reply to] Can't Post

dracula. or the arkenstone. i forget.

devestatingly beautiful roheryn

or.... descendant of rats. i forget.

spf 100. just because you're going into battle doesn't mean you forget about the oxidative power of the sun.

or, magnificent dwarven armour. i forget.

tiamat. figured she could probably take smaug. that bard fellow looked a bit tipply.

or... bombur.

the denouement.

or... the eagles. i forget.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Apr 30 2013, 12:37am

Post #9 of 37 (318 views)
Shortcut
Answers #14 [In reply to] Can't Post

Dracula. Or the Arkenstone in a smaller casket.

dirty little rat!

Armor made by the dwarfs of Erebor from long ago.

He stands with the Elvenking's army.

Eagles

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Apr 30 2013, 12:41am

Post #10 of 37 (314 views)
Shortcut
You though Dracula too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great minds think alike.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 30 2013, 12:55am

Post #11 of 37 (313 views)
Shortcut
Drama! [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The Arkenstone, in an epic "Look what we've got - neener neener" moment.

2. 'What have you to say, you mirror-loving louche?' (Clue: He wasn't speaking to Gandalf. Or Bard.)

3. Silneldor's pink swimwear. (Dwarf-mail from the dragon's hoard.)

4. Bard?

5. Eagles!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

ryouko
Lorien

Apr 30 2013, 12:56am

Post #12 of 37 (310 views)
Shortcut
answers [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Majestic conditioner

2. Bad Hair Day

3. Hair and beard curlers. They were getting themselves primped up for the battle, but it came sooner than they expected.

4. With no one. He just can find anyone with hair as Majestic as Thorin's.

5. Thorin and his Majestic Hair

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2013, 1:02am

Post #13 of 37 (316 views)
Shortcut
ha! : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

indeed!

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Eruwestial37
Rohan

Apr 30 2013, 1:27am

Post #14 of 37 (304 views)
Shortcut
Another good one! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for doing this, Ro!

1) The Witchking's body of course! What else would be in a casket?Tongue

2) Pointy-eared Elvish Princelings?

3) Togas

4) Smaug. Hey, he's the biggest, only fire breathing one there, he's GOT to win. Right?

5) The Stone Giants. They wanted to be in more than one movie.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 30 2013, 2:21am

Post #15 of 37 (302 views)
Shortcut
Pooh is walking with a pharaoh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or was that Christopher Robin - I can never remember who says what, except for Eeyore, of course!

That "casket" was actually a keg - filled with the finest Scottish single malt ale, in particular the "wee heavy" known as Orkney Skullsplitter. Perfect for Dwarven glugging, and a true temptation for Thorin and his followers. Also works wonders as a shampoo.
(There was also a smaller container, casket-like, holding the Arkenstone, but you can't glug that.)

Smellyfooted sonuva goblin. Or Descendant of rats. He had meant to say "descendant of rabbits", but of course everyone knows that Hobbits and Rabbits are not related...right? Wink

Pink tutus. Thorin had a multicoloured feather boa wrapping around his hair. The goblins and wargs were so shocked they fled en masse.
That's what they wanted to wear, but Smaug had scorched those outfits to ashes long ago. So they opted instead for some really cool Dwarf-mail. The kind you wear, not read.

He took his stand out to the edge of the main battle, where he made a tidy sum selling bad Dorwinion to the thirsty goblins. Gave them all stomach cramps and the "runs". Trust a Hobbit to know how to defeat an army via the gastrointestinal tract.
He had to make certain that none of the Elves he was near touched the stuff, however!

The bottom of the page. (What? Isn't that at the end of a chapter?)
The stone. "Look, is that a stone coming over the - " *oof*
But before the stone, he saw a flying phalanx of feathered friends. Eagles, no less!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Angharad73
Rohan

Apr 30 2013, 6:43am

Post #16 of 37 (318 views)
Shortcut
Yay, hair... sorry, *quiz*-time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, as it happens, it is raining cats and dogs (Dwarves and Hobbits?) where I live today... So, nothing better to cheer me up than a little SAST Quiz! Thanks, as always, Ro!

1. Now, obviously, it was quite a large box full of shampoo and conditioner, maybe some hair oil, too, ans they were intending to bribe Thorin, and word had gotten around that Thorin's hair was getting a touch mangy (a side-effect of the dragon sickness) and how scarce any type of hair product was in Erebor. (Smaug, although he had no hair, had used the hidden stash - the real treasure of Erebor, some say - to try to shine up his skin when he first got there; which didn't work, obviously, which led to an unfortunate forest fire because he was so angry.)

In the book, it was the Arkenstone, though, that was in the casket. (Though I still believe that a bribe of hair products would have worked better to appease Thorin...)

2. "...you stole my shampoo!" No?

"...you mangy little cur!" That's not it either?

"...you descendant of rats!" That might be what Thorin said - with a majestic flick of his mane, of course.

3. Something shiny, I'm sure. They decked themselves out in some nice shining armour that they found down below with the treasure. Although, Thorin did forego the helmet - his hair had quite recovered from it's touch of manginess and was back to being silky and fabulous. He didn't want to cover that up, not even for a battle.

4. It is a well-known fact, I believe, that Hobbits have quite a hair-fetish. Bilbo was no exception. Since the person with the most fabulous, most amazing hair - Thorin, of course - was currently very much out of sorts with him, he decided to turn to the person with the second-most fabulous hair, which happened to be the Elvenking, also known as Thranduil. So he took his stand with him (even though he would have preferred Thorin, still).

5. What he saw was Thorin's hair shining in the sun, like in the old days, and Bilbo was quite dazzled by it, thinking to himself that the Elvenking's hair simply could not compare. He was so caught up in his admiration of Thorin's mane, that he never saw the stone that hit him.

On the other hand, it probably was the Eagles coming.

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Apr 30 2013, 11:55am

Post #17 of 37 (303 views)
Shortcut
Trying to avoid getting besmirched... [In reply to] Can't Post

The moldering bones of the last dwarf who messed with the Elvenking??
Hmm. If this is after Bilbo's night visit, it must be the Arkenstone...

"Descendant of rabbits"--Whoops, wrong thread. "Descendant of rats." At least he didn't call him Attercop or Tomnoddy. That would have been really uncalled for.

How the imagination does run wild... But I believe in the book they were wearing armor they'd found in the dragon stash.

With Thranduil, and I can hardly blame him. Once the best hair in Middle-earth is denied you, head for the first runner-up.

The stone?
Okay, okay...the eagles, who may or may not have landed.

Not that I'm bribing anyone, but I'll end with a nice hair closeup... just in case the quizmistress is interested...

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

sador
Half-elven

Apr 30 2013, 3:10pm

Post #18 of 37 (284 views)
Shortcut
Ah... gotcha [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering why you were brandishing that unbrella as May begins, and then I recalled that you lived down under! Do you normally have winter rain, or summer showers?
Anyway, I'm glad the rain didn't spoil your party last week - nor the founders' day event!

But every time it rains,
You're here in my head,
Like the sun coming out--
Ooh, I just know
that something good is gonna happen.
And I don't know when,
But just saying it could even make it happen.

Bilbo's razor and shaving foam.
You see, as a half-Took, he was inordinately vain about not having any facial hair, and not being anything like a dwarf!
That the Tooks shaved was a close-kept secret; so Bilbo, holding on to his mother's family tradition, carried his toilet-kit secretly all through Wilderland, in the goblins tunnels (technically, Gollum won the riddle-game with his second guess, but poor Bilbo really didn't remember his razor when he denied having a knife), down the Forest River and to Erebor - and it fell out of his pocket as he was fumbling for Thorin's contract! The suspicious Bard, suspecting further double-dealing, took it as a pledge - but Gandalf filched it, and displayed it to the whole world's eyes the next day!

Imagine Thorin's consternation. And it only grew, once he saw next to the razors the Arkenstone!

Well, you have to hand it to Thorin. Immediately once he saw the exhibits, he smelled a rat. Looking around, he saw all of a sudden Bilbo's face, and realised that he grew whiskers overnight!

You see, Thorin knew as well as anyone that the fairy-ancestor myth the Tooks trumpeted around the Shire was absurd; but he never suspected what was the reality which made them invent this legend.
Now, he realised that Bilbo was indeed a "descendant of rats"!

Which, as any Wind in the Willows fan knows, might be seen as a compliment; but the deception, and his leaving the sinking ship, were too much for him.

Marines haircuts!

ShockedShockedShocked

There go all my IEC's...

But please, Mum, I was just teasing! Honest!
In truth, they were all clad in shiny armour, and armed to their teeth. Thorin was wielding a mighty battle-axe (having, erm, lost Orcrist to the Elvenking), while trying not to get it tangled with his hair (marines haircuts do have their advantages, too).

The shiny armour was provided with all kind of new accessories, such as detachable windshield wipers (you probably realise that storming your way uphill in the rain is tricky business).

With Gandalf, near the Elvenking. It was high up, so he could both see well and was relatively safe. Also, with the rain coming in it was less muddy.

The official version was that his "fairy-blood" led him to prefer defending the Elvenking. You may believe that if you want to.

Kehaar!

(Did you ever notice that chapters 36-38 of Watership Down are named "Approaching Thunder", "The Thunder Builds Up" and "Thunder Breaks"? Oddly similar.)

Anyway - it was the airborne reinforcements. The Eagles, in this book.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2013, 3:42pm

Post #19 of 37 (274 views)
Shortcut
Seigin' in the rain [In reply to] Can't Post

As much as Gandalf likes to proclaim himself, I wonder why he bothers with a disguise at all. The casket contains the Arkenstone, also known as 'bargain chip extrordinaire'

Thinking Bilbo's middle name was Ben, he called him a 'descendant of rats', all the while shaking him 'like a rabbit.' Get your species straight, Thorin.

String, or nothing! (Can we vote on this, can we, can we?) While this would take close second to the bathing scene, they were wearing Dwarven armour found in Smaug's hoard.

Bilbo is anxious to get his 'elf-friend' status, and as Thorin is still very angry with him, he stays with Gandalf and Thranduil, deciding it's by far safer.

5. What does Bilbo see coming at the end of the chapter, just before he is smote heavily on the head with a stone.
Too bad he didn't see the stone coming! But his eyes were glued to the skies, where he saw 'The eagles are coming!'

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 30 2013, 5:10pm

Post #20 of 37 (269 views)
Shortcut
Back to the future... [In reply to] Can't Post

Frogging back to SAST Quiz #2:

The poshest sweater stone in existence, the Arkenstone AKA Aikenstane/ Eikenstein/Oakenstone. Silly accents! Instead of simply shaving/abrading pills off knitwear, this prism burned them off like ants under a magnifying glass on a bright summer day. Also great for dwarven grooming!

"[properly attired] descendant of rats"

Taking their cue from Bakshi's Aragorn son of Arathong, they suited-up in these shinies.

Among the Legolads, Legolasses, unlooked-for Tauriels, and sundry subjects of the un-named Elvenking.

"Very broad-winged raptors and friends of Radagast and moths, all disguised as a North American fave. Tricksy like Beorn they are, Precious!" Quite heavily stoned, I'd say.
Quite.

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Apr 30 2013, 5:16pm)

The Prancing Pony
Rivendell

Apr 30 2013, 6:23pm

Post #21 of 37 (252 views)
Shortcut
Quiz #14 [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The Arkenstone

2. miserable little traitor ?

3. Armour

4. The Elvenking

5. Gwaihir and company. The eagles

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2013, 9:53pm

Post #22 of 37 (244 views)
Shortcut
Star Trek the Clouds Burst [In reply to] Can't Post

1) Old man in pointy blue hat: "This should keep them busy, hehehe!)

2) "What have you to say, you Denebian slime devil?"
http://www.youtube.com/...i7g7OiToYjcHq8r0lUCO

3) NB: Colorful hoods are back in fashion.

4)

5)

Eowyn3
Rivendell

Apr 30 2013, 9:59pm

Post #23 of 37 (230 views)
Shortcut
SAST Quiz #14 [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The Arkenstone

2. Treacherous little burglar

3. Full armor

4. The elves

5. A large, dark shape.

" He has just as much reason to go to war as you do. Why can he not fight for those he loves?"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 30 2013, 11:24pm

Post #24 of 37 (224 views)
Shortcut
Uh oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel a collision coming on!

Long Bottom Leaf. Only thing he could find to carry it in that wasn't fried, and the barrels are still floating downriver.

2. Fill in the blanks (three words): “‘You all seem in league!’ said Thorin dropping Bilbo on top of the wall. ‘Never again will I have dealings with any wizard or his friends. What have you to say, you __Rocket J. Squirrel__?’”

War gear! a very eclectic mix of anything that was lying about.

With the Elves... cuz they smell so good! After being locked up in a cave with 13 Dwarves, the Orcs probably were an improvement.

Eagles! Here they come again!

Thanks lots, Ro! That was a bit of a challenge, fersher! :D

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Nira
Lorien

Apr 30 2013, 11:24pm

Post #25 of 37 (225 views)
Shortcut
#14 [In reply to] Can't Post

The Arkenstone!
oooooh shiney!

Little Limey Runt?
Any LOST fans out there? get it?

armor from Smaug's hoard
That's Smaug, not SHmaug!

Gandalf and the elves
Smart choices, Bilbo!

Eagles
FYI: I can't read the word "smote" without hearing it in Gandalf's voice thanks to TTT.

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.