Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Unseen Deleted Scenes

Legomir
Rivendell

Apr 17 2013, 4:46am

Post #1 of 13 (946 views)
Shortcut
Unseen Deleted Scenes Can't Post

I was reading the script for Fellowship of the Ring (just because) and found something interesting. Though for the most part it was the same as the Extended Edition, there were a few interesting things not featured. The two that come to mind the most are Elrond saying the Ring poem at the start of the Council of Elrond and a scene where Haldir takes Frodo and Sam to the top of Cerin Amroth and shows them Mirkwood, mentions Dol Guldur, and shows them Orthanc and Mordor in the distance. This is followed by a scene of Frodo and Aragorn talking in the forest before Haldir takes them to Caras Galadhon.

I've found these incredibly interesting, and haven't seen them talked about around here. I was wondering if there were any other unseen deleted scenes floating around. If there are, does anyone know what they are? If there's another thread talking about this, please direct me to it, because I find it really interesting.

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Apr 17 2013, 5:49am

Post #2 of 13 (600 views)
Shortcut
There are deleted scenes. [In reply to] Can't Post

These are not EEs as they never made the cut.
But I'm afraid the ones you mentioned were never shot. Perhaps the screenwriters decided not to shoot them.

Here's a video compiling all the unseen deleted scenes of LOTR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_k8RTKGlg0

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiAMHT7HvA&feature=youtu.be

The Road goes Ever on and on.
Down from the door where it began.
How far ahead the Road has gone.
And I must follow if I can ...

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2013, 6:58am

Post #3 of 13 (497 views)
Shortcut
These would have been awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see why they weren't included, but it would have been nice if they had been filmed and included in the EE. But an EE with all the scenes we fans would have wanted to have included would be about six hours long Laugh

BTW, I like your name Smile

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 17 2013, 11:48am

Post #4 of 13 (449 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 17 2013, 2:02pm

Post #5 of 13 (443 views)
Shortcut
Tell me, where is this script? [In reply to] Can't Post

For I much desire to read it...I can no longer find it on the internet Wink.

Legomir
Rivendell

Apr 17 2013, 6:22pm

Post #6 of 13 (408 views)
Shortcut
Just type it into Yahoo [In reply to] Can't Post

At least that's what I did. I typed in "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring script" into Yahoo. The one with the scenes / lines is in a couple down the search results. It's a PDF file and the site is called fempiror.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Apr 17 2013, 9:08pm

Post #7 of 13 (502 views)
Shortcut
I would love to see the deleted scene with Gil-galad's death [In reply to] Can't Post

But I doubt we ever will (sighs).

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."

Legomir
Rivendell

Apr 17 2013, 10:30pm

Post #8 of 13 (457 views)
Shortcut
Well, Peter Jackson has said... [In reply to] Can't Post

that he hopes to include them in a future release like how it was in the Extended Edition of King Kong, so it's still a possibility. Truth be told I think all of the unseen deleted scenes seem like they'd be fun to watch, from Orcs in Lothlorien to Elrond and Arwen in Lothlorien, to extra epilogue footage for Legolas, Gimli, Faramir, Eowyn, Aragorn, and Eomer.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 18 2013, 12:58am

Post #9 of 13 (433 views)
Shortcut
An old set report from AICN reported that three weddings were filmed [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam & Rosie's, Arwen & Aragorn's, and Eowyn & Faramir's. I would love to see all three some time.

There are tons of unused scenes and snippets floating around out there. Some of them are just extra takes and background shots from scenes that made it into the movie. Others are more interesting.

Grammaboodawg has an album of all the shots she could find here: http://s729.photobucket.com/...awgs/?albumview=grid

I tried to compile a list here years ago: http://newboards.theonering.net/...cgi?post=62129#62129 (with extra details in the comments) but I don't think we'll ever get all of them. Just too many things were filmed that were cut out due to script changes, timing, CGI difficulties, or Peter Jackson just plain changing his mind.

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Kimtc
Rohan

Apr 19 2013, 1:59am

Post #10 of 13 (326 views)
Shortcut
I would love to see Faramir and Eowyn get married! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I remember reading there was a fantastic dress designed for it, too.

I have faith in the general desire to make money off of our endless desire to see more, more, more, and expect that one day they will get it out there. Perhaps in the super-deluxe super-extended extended edition of all six films, in a box set made to look like Bag End. It will require a flatbed for delivery, and two blood transfusions and a wheelbarrow of nachos to watch.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Apr 19 2013, 9:30pm

Post #11 of 13 (301 views)
Shortcut
Blood and nachos?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you sure that's a good combination!? ShockedLaugh At least eat the nachos before getting the transfusion!

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, it is bitter to receive." -Arwen

Elenorflower
Gondor

Apr 21 2013, 4:10pm

Post #12 of 13 (251 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to see the Weddings, get a better look at the costumes.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 29 2013, 3:41am

Post #13 of 13 (259 views)
Shortcut
Here are some pics I put together [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a while ago, and I have an update for this slideshow in my 5-year plan ;) But it's fun to look through.

Unused scenes slideshow

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.