Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
**Founders Day Special -- TORn Mathom-house Tour and Scavenger Hunt! Get your Souvenir Badge here!**

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 26 2013, 6:54pm

Post #1 of 8 (236 views)
Shortcut
**Founders Day Special -- TORn Mathom-house Tour and Scavenger Hunt! Get your Souvenir Badge here!** Can't Post

Announcing The First Annual TORn Mathom-house Tour and Scavenger Hunt!

On Founders Day 2010, we officially unveiled the TORn Mathom-house – our very own wiki, where the history, events, projects and discussions of TORn would be collected, organized, and displayed for those wanting to know more about the development of this wonderful community!

A lot of loving care has been lavished on the Mathom-House in the past three years, all done by volunteers, and much by the hand of the Mistress of the Mathom-House, better known better as magpie around here,

The Mathom-house is very much a work in progress, but a few of the items you can find there are done or nearly done.

Below are links to some of the pages that are ready to be unveiled today! Please take a tour as part of your Founders Day Holiday!

And, to make it more fun, we have put together a scavenger hunt to do along the way if you are so inclined!
To play along, all you need to do is click on the links below and then see if you can find the item we’re looking for on each page.

Ready to take the tour and/or scavenge with us?

Then open the door and come on in!

1. Welcome to the Mathom-house
http://mathom-house.net/...Main/FoundersDay2010
Item you need to find: Name of the person who made the special announcement introducing the Mathom-house

2. T
ORnWebsite History
http://mathom-house.net/...n/TORnWebSiteHistory
Item you need to find: Name of famous actor featured in the first story ever posted on TORn

3. Old TORn Site Features
http://mathom-house.net/.../OldTORnSiteFeatures
Item you need to find: Something Xoanon ranted about OR Something that Tehanu noted

4. April Fools Pranks
http://mathom-house.net/...ain/AprilFoolsPranks
Item you need to find: Name of person who supposedly lost his Oscar statue

5. Founders Day 2011
http://mathom-house.net/...Main/FoundersDay2011
Item you need to find: The name of at least one contestant in TORn’s first annual swim meet

6. NZ Commemorative Trees Project
http://mathom-house.net/...NZCommemorativeTrees
Item you need to find: Name of one or both of the TORn folk who were at the tree planting ceremony on behalf of TORn

7. Embassy Theatre Seat Project
http://mathom-house.net/...syTheatreSeatFunding
Item you need to find: The final number of the seat named after TORn discussion board members.
Bonus: Find the original seat number and the name of the person who made us move to a different spot!

8. MTV Movie Awards #Vote Bilbo Campaign
http://mathom-house.net/.../Main/MTVMovieAwards
Item you need to find
: The final number of votes Bilbo received in the voting competition

**************************************************************************************************
Post your answers as a reply to this post…or just let us know if you took the tour –
and we'll give you one of these cool souvenir badges!

Now, won’t that look great in your footer? Smile Get yours today!

**********************************************************************************************
Happy Founders Day and visit the TORn Mathom-house often!
Here’s the link to the welcome page for future visits! http://mathom-house.net/index.php/Main/HomePage

Weaver

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2013, 7:40pm

Post #2 of 8 (172 views)
Shortcut
Wow, have you seen that --> points finger to something amazing in the Mathom-house [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Welcome to the Mathom-house
Item you need to find: Name of the person who made the special announcement introducing the Mathom-house
Meeeeeeeeeee!!!! Tongue (hehehe, I've already said it once today at TORn, how much fun to be part of an answer that I didn't even ask)

2. TORnWebsite History
Item you need to find: Name of famous actor featured in the first story ever posted on TORn
Sean Connery

3. Old TORn Site Features
Item you need to find: Something Xoanon ranted about OR Something that Tehanu noted
Farewell to Lorien

4. April Fools Pranks
Item you need to find: Name of person who supposedly lost his Oscar statue
Tsssk, tsssk, tsssk, that Andrew Lesnie, not very careful (but, what a shock, TORn pranked shooting The Hobbit would be in NZ = correct, TORn pranked The Hobbit would be a trilogy = correct! Spooky!!)

5. Founders Day 2011
Item you need to find: The name of at least one contestant in TORn’s first annual swim meet
Sam! Acting as if he can't, but you never know with a Hobbit, and beside, he had Frodo to give him a hand.

6. NZ Commemorative Trees Project
Item you need to find: Name of one or both of the TORn folk who were at the tree planting ceremony on behalf of TORn
Delyth and Estelwyn
(hmmm, I must add this to my next visit to NZ; to visit the TORn trees)

7. Embassy Theatre Seat Project
Item you need to find: The final number of the seat named after TORn discussion board members.
Bonus: Find the original seat number and the name of the person who made us move to a different spot!
2 seats.
The original was F30, but Sean Astin wanted that one, so he could share popcorn with Elijah Wood.

8. MTV Movie Awards #Vote Bilbo Campaign
Item you need to find: The final number of votes Bilbo received in the voting competition
1,637,179 !!!!
And so many of it were mine, I had friends come over to ask if all was okay and my account wasn't hacked (as if I would stop a hacker who was voting for Bilbo through my account Wink)

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 26 2013, 7:52pm

Post #3 of 8 (167 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to everyone who works on this great collection! [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Altaira
2. Sean Connery (so glad we got Sir Ian...)
3. Hah, I remembering reading one - about the need in the film to build Legolas' and Gimli's friendship with something visual
4. Andew Lesnie
5. My favorite is Aragorn backstroking
6. Erica!
7. seat F30 bumped to J31 - because Sean wants to sit with Elijah. Fitting.
8. 1,637,179. Wow. That's a lot of clicks.

So many memories. I have been a jack-in-the-box member for so long, I have distinct memories of so many things, flowed by stuff I never saw...great, great work all! HeartAngelic

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2013, 2:39am

Post #4 of 8 (136 views)
Shortcut
I would give you a badge, but I think you already have one! [In reply to] Can't Post

You did a fabulous job at the grand opening of the Mathom-house! You should rent yourself out to be a guest speaker at those kinds of events!

I set up a Twitter account for the Bilbo thing had did 100 tweets. Will probably never do it again, but at least I am not quite as much of a tech-dinosaur as I was. The things I learn around here!

Cheers and Happy Founders Day to you-- thanks for playing!

Weaver

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2013, 2:43am

Post #5 of 8 (139 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for playing and here's how to get your badge.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to this link:

http://mathom-house.net/index.php/Main/HomePage

Scroll down to bottom of page for the code to put in your footer!

Glad to have you back with us! Hope you can get out of your jack-in-the-box and contribute more often -- and that includes to the Mathom-house. A good way to get caught up on what you missed is to join the team working on articles.. let us know if that's of interest to you!

Weaver

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 27 2013, 4:58pm

Post #6 of 8 (129 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much Weaver! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Whee!

And absolutely, any writing or research help you all need would interest me plenty !!! Let me know what's in the works if something needs doing, I would be thrilled to assist, especially after seeing the fabulous job the team has done so far.

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

elaen32
Gondor

Apr 27 2013, 9:38pm

Post #7 of 8 (129 views)
Shortcut
Interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

1 Altaira
2 Sean Connery
3 Flight to the Ford
4 Andrew Lesnie
5 Frodo, Aragorn, Isildur, Saruman. They really need some swimming coaches in Middle-earth!!
6 Delyth & Estelwyn
7 J31 - was F30 but Sean Astin was still in Sam-mode and inseparable from Elijah
8 1637179 !- Well someone must have repetitive strain injury!

Thanks weaver- I had looked into the Mathom House before, but not in a focused way- this was really good

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 28 2013, 1:53am

Post #8 of 8 (117 views)
Shortcut
Honey! I'm home! [In reply to] Can't Post

Our very own Mathom-house where all good things are kept :)

Okie-dokie... here goes...

1. Altaira – What a day that was!
2. Sean Connery – love the guy, but we're SO lucky it didn't happen!
3. Tehanu's note on "Following Tolkien's Footsteps. Wonderful!
4. Andrew Lesnie – I'll bet he was a nervous wreck! If it had happened ;)
5. I'll go with Aragorn. Viggo really did do the deed and nearly drowned doing it!
6. Delyth & Estelwyn -- I went looking for those trees when I was in NZ; but alas...
7. J31 – And I got to sit in it :D
8. 1637179 -- Wow. Just WOW!

Great game weaver! And kudos to Magpie for her brilliant creation. The Mathom-house is so amazing!

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.