Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ask Thorin a Question.

ShireHorse
Rohan

Apr 26 2013, 10:15am

Post #1 of 6 (732 views)
Shortcut
Ask Thorin a Question. Can't Post

Richard Armitage is involved in a stop-over in Sydney en route to NZ at the end of this month. He will appear at a special showing of The Hobbit on May 1st where he will be involved in a Q&A session. This session will apparently last for 40 minutes and will involve questions from an interviewer and questions from the audience.

However, WB have decided to let the rest of us muscle in on the act. It's not clear exactly what's happening but RA also appears to be doing a private/PR interview whilst in Sydney and fans are being asked to send in questions. The deadline is close at hand: the afternoon of Monday 29th April, Australian time. Then they will post the transcript of the interview on their website.

Here you go:

http://warnerbros.com.au/...-armitage-a-question

I'd love to know what questions there are still left to ask him, LOL! But Ringers can be pretty imaginative.

Edit: I've just checked it out and have got a feeling that this is limited to Australians. My question was going to be: You had voice training to lower your voice. Is it now permanently lowered or do you have to make an effort to get down that far? Any Australian is welcome to use this, LOL!

(This post was edited by ShireHorse on Apr 26 2013, 10:21am)

Old Toby
Gondor

Apr 26 2013, 5:05pm

Post #2 of 6 (281 views)
Shortcut
thanks for this Shirehorse [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew about this and am envious of those fans 'down under' who have the opportunity to get in to this Q&A session! Yeah, I think this is only for Australians. and I imagine RA will be swamped with questions regardless. I can't wait to read the transcript!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Apr 26 2013, 9:21pm

Post #3 of 6 (242 views)
Shortcut
My question would have been similar to yours -- [In reply to] Can't Post

Which would have been how lowering his voice affected his ability to sing. It seemed to me that Thorin's singing voice wasn't as deep as was his speaking. But as I'm not an Aussie, I quess I won't be able to ask.Unsure

mulubinba
Rivendell

Apr 27 2013, 12:21am

Post #4 of 6 (211 views)
Shortcut
Thanks ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw this too and attempted to send in a question but received a message stating something about exceeding my quota. I couldn't work out if the site limits you to one question only (which makes sense) or if the question didn't even get through. Has anyone else tried to complete the form?

MTA: That's an interesting question, Shirehorse. Mine was related to physical preparation.

ShireHorse
Rohan

Apr 27 2013, 11:13am

Post #5 of 6 (162 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for trying, mulubinba! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since both The Grey Elf and myself are interested in his voice, I'm still hoping that an Aussie Ringer who is stuck for a question will put it in for us. I would also guess that you are limited to one question, however.

I wonder if the interview where he is asked the questions is for a TV appearance or a magazine/newspaper interview? Yes, I am a bit envious but, on the other hand, you guys Down Under have had to wait for such a ludicrous amount of time to get your hands on the DVD that you deserve to have him for a few days.

Dis15
Bree

Apr 28 2013, 9:14pm

Post #6 of 6 (113 views)
Shortcut
Richard Armatage Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine was accepted, and I'm from Ohio. I put in my name, address, e-mail, but had to put in I was from Tasmania and the 1st four digits of my zip code only. I'm sure I would be disqualified once they realized I'm from USA, but its Richard Armatage, you know?! Have to give it a shot.

Anyway, of all the millions of questions I could have asked, this is the silly one I decided upon:

When puberty hit and your voice changed, was it overnight and did it scare anyone?

Oh geez!

Dis, Aule's child

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.