Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Yes it gives me chills...

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Apr 26 2013, 4:47am

Views: 171
Shortcut
Yes it gives me chills... [In reply to] Can't Post

.. espcially when the music kicks on. It seems similar to the Nirnaeth Arnodiad, both elves and men join to fight against an overwhelming number of orcs.

I have a small nit-pick about the scene though. Aragorn's call "Release the arrows". It takes too long to speak. In battles all commands are generally single-worded, succint and to the point. I mean all the soldiers know they have to release arrows (they can't throw their blades can they? Wink). An elvish translation of "fire!" works better.

But this is a small nit-pick, which I only caught after a zillion viewings.

Subject User Time
SCOD: Aragorn Signals the Longbowmen at Helm's Deep Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 24 2013, 4:04pm
    Me is new to SCOD. Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Apr 24 2013, 7:15pm
        Welcome! and enjoy, S-B! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 24 2013, 7:56pm
            Yes it gives me chills... Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Apr 26 2013, 4:47am
    maciliel-thoughts Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 24 2013, 10:20pm
        Legolas 'glittering with pride' Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Apr 25 2013, 1:01am
            ah, thanks, loresilme! : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 25 2013, 1:03am
        Curious on Aragorn's warrior past... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 25 2013, 3:13pm
    Aragorn at Helm's Deep Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Apr 25 2013, 1:24am
        I agree Loresilme - ME is changing Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 25 2013, 3:07pm
    I think this was a terrific change Radagast_the_Brown Send a private message to Radagast_the_Brown Apr 25 2013, 4:19am
        The cost to Haldir at Helm's Deep Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 25 2013, 3:10pm
    Together with the change of Faramir the best of the big changes they did, imho. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 25 2013, 3:16pm
        Ahhh - the Faramir change... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 25 2013, 5:22pm
    The Immortal 32 Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Apr 26 2013, 3:17pm
        The Immortal 32 Parallel.. Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 26 2013, 7:18pm
            Thanks! Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Apr 26 2013, 7:36pm
    putting aside the Ranger Nuradar Send a private message to Nuradar Apr 26 2013, 4:19pm
        I agree. Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Apr 26 2013, 5:41pm
            I've always preferred the 'Strider' aspect of Aragorn to his "kingly" side, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Apr 26 2013, 6:13pm
                Same goes here as well. Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Apr 26 2013, 6:45pm
                I have to agree S-D with, no asperion towards the performance Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 26 2013, 7:21pm
        Viggo's eyes really do a lot of that intense work Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 26 2013, 7:26pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.