Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Pictures of the hobbit chronicles II ?

Ffnir
Rohan

Apr 25 2013, 12:14am

Post #1 of 7 (212 views)
Shortcut
Pictures of the hobbit chronicles II ? Can't Post

I know the one of you who have it seem to be very pleased, but before I purchase it myself I'd like to see some pictures ! Does anyone of you know where I could see some ? Just in order to know what I'm buying, even if I'm sure that if it's as good as the last one I will not regrett its purchase

And if you have any other comment to do about the book they would be welcome of course

Defiant
Bree

Apr 25 2013, 1:01am

Post #2 of 7 (109 views)
Shortcut
Chronicle 2: Creatures and Characters [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a nice review and a bunch of pictures of sample spreads over at Parka Blogs, including a one and a half minute video at the bottom of the page in which the reviewer flips through the whole book.

Link url: http://www.parkablogs.com/...tures-and-characters

Ffnir
Rohan

Apr 25 2013, 1:10am

Post #3 of 7 (100 views)
Shortcut
Perfect ! Thanks ! [In reply to] Can't Post

The goblin 3d models look amazing ! Ok I'm buying it, I'm convinced, although it will probably take some time for it to be shipped all the way to Paris.

Amazone says from 1 week to 1 month, but I think it will be closer to 1 month than 1 week. How come those books aren't translated and sold in Europe ? It's a continent full of hobbit fan !

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 25 2013, 8:30am

Post #4 of 7 (88 views)
Shortcut
Well worth purchasing! [In reply to] Can't Post

The book is full to the seams of information. Definitely well worth purchasing.

Smile

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Apr 25 2013, 8:36am

Post #5 of 7 (102 views)
Shortcut
They are... at least in Germany [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought the Art & Design book in German and I also ordered the second one Creatures & Characters in German too. Both came out a few weeks after the original one. Is there no French version of it yet?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Ffnir
Rohan

Apr 25 2013, 4:32pm

Post #6 of 7 (85 views)
Shortcut
Oh you're right [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked again and i found them in French. Now I feel stupid, I don't know why I missed it earlier.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Apr 26 2013, 12:58pm

Post #7 of 7 (111 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! Still no Dol Guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

It just got my German version of it and it is great... I really liked and enjoyed the first chronicles book and I really was looking forward to this! This series is the ultimate behind the scenes material (in book form). Great pictures, great details and great quotes from cast and crew! Wasn't there a third (and last) book about the costumes in talks? Can't wait for it and hopefully they gonna do the same with DOS and TABA! :)

I was great to read/see more of Azog and his Hunter Orcs because they only appeared very brief in the first book or in Azogs chase didn't appear at all (I think because of Peters last minute changes). Before watching AUJ I was looking forward to see Fimbul in it because I liked his design and his action figure is still my favorit one from AUJ. But he was more a background character (even behind Yazneg which design I still don't like very much) and not the promissed "master hunter". But it was great to see these images of him and his design in this book! Also the other different Orcs look great. And Richard Taylor explain their thoughts on the different races of Orcs... very similar to my own thoughts when I watched the film!

The only thing I don't like was again the complete absence of the Necromancer, Dol Guldur, spiders or the Witch King. Only his bats appear brief. I understand the absence from book one because of it's secret look and style before the movie came out but today after the DVD release I would have liked a short statement on perhaps 1 or 2 pages about the AUJ appearance of Sauron. Why did they let him look like this, why does the Witch King wear a different crown than in FOTR and so on. Even Saruman got his own page... why not the Necromancer of Dol Guldur?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Apr 26 2013, 1:05pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.