Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Hobbit articles from all over the world.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Apr 23 2013, 4:49pm

Views: 552
Shortcut
Hobbit articles from all over the world. Can't Post

I was paging through a magazine and I was suddenly faced with Bilbo accompanied by an article - a little bit of a surprise, since none of the article was in English, and it had received five stars. Just goes to show you the thoughts of people versus critics. It made my day. Wink I thought I'd share it with everyone else (Cut into three for picture posting regulations and written in Afrikaans - a Germanic language of Southern Africa):

A translation of the article for anyone who's interested (Not anything new):
If you thought "The Lord of the Rings" and everyone in Middle-earth was behind us, think again. It's time to go further back in time; to the time before Peter Jackson's epic trilogy began. The curious young hobbit Bilbo Baggins (played by Martin Freeman) is dragged along to the Lonely Mountain by a bunch of dwarves (And there's no Snow White this time). What will they do there? Well, there is a fire-breathing dragon, Smaug, that took that which belonged to the dwarves. And these little guys *cringe* want to take back what is theirs. So, let the three-hour journey begin!

Why it's cool: For starters, Peter Jackson is back in the Director's Chair. This means it'll have the same feel as the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. It has been filmed using the latest technology. Martin Freeman has also been seen in action in other sci-fi/ fantasy movies such as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as well as the British TV series, Sherlock - and we're mad about him all ready. He's the perfect young Bilbo! The dwarves are brilliant (we're still waiting for Sleepy and Grumpy to join the company) and the legendary Sir Ian McKellen is back as Gandalf. Is there a better fantasy series than this one? Not likely. Oh, and did we mention that it's part one of a trilogy?

Hey, not the best translation or article, but it made me so happy to see AUJ becoming more popular here. I'm sure the Dutch TORnadoes should understand a bit of it. Smile

Does anyone else have any shiny articles from magazines/newspapers to share from their countries?

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Apr 23 2013, 4:54pm)

Subject User Time
Hobbit articles from all over the world. BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Apr 23 2013, 4:49pm
    Very nice thank you for posting it. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Apr 23 2013, 5:32pm
    Cool Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 23 2013, 7:59pm
        It does sound like a kid talking... BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Apr 24 2013, 12:46pm
    Maybe here another one... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 24 2013, 1:26pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.