Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Thirteen dwarfes

Pazeer
Rivendell

Apr 15 2013, 6:40pm

Post #1 of 6 (771 views)
Shortcut
Thirteen dwarfes Can't Post

First of all, this battle is only based on the dwarfes appearance in AUJ, not the books. Only how you saw them in the movie.
The scenario is an all out battle between all of the 13 dwarfes in the company. No friendships or family between them to affect the outcome, everybody is only fighting for themselves.
Who would die first and who would be victorious?

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Apr 15 2013, 7:01pm

Post #2 of 6 (165 views)
Shortcut
Thorin wins. Of course. [In reply to] Can't Post

He after all is a great warrior and greatest of the 13.

Either Ori or Bombur would die first I think. But Bombur has an advantage with all the fat. Similar to Sumo Wrestlers. Wink

I think Dwalin should be second. He looks like a very honed warrior and is very badass. Balin has a lot of experience so perhaps third. We really don't know about the rest of the lot though.
Fili and KIli have the disadvantage of experience but that's compensated by their youthfulness. And I think in a close range battle Kili (who uses bow) is too easy to kill. Fili can be good.
Gloin has a lot of fighting spirit so he should be in the top 5.

I really cannot tell about the rest of the lot.

The Road goes Ever on and on.
Down from the door where it began.
How far ahead the Road has gone.
And I must follow if I can ...

Pazeer
Rivendell

Apr 15 2013, 7:15pm

Post #3 of 6 (143 views)
Shortcut
I have to say I agree with you [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the final battle would be between Thorin and Dwalin, and I think Thorin would gain the upper hand after a very even and close battle.
Fili and Kili are good contenders for the third and fourth, but I also have a lot of faith in Bifur and Dori. Bifur, simply because of the axe in his head, which makes him a bit unstable. I can imagine him fighting like a maniac and being a terrifying foe just because of his craziness. Dori also looks really strong, and as with Balin he appears very experienced.
Other than that I feel it's pretty open, though I'm pretty sure Ori would be the first to go... :)

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 15 2013, 8:52pm

Post #4 of 6 (154 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget [In reply to] Can't Post

Nori is a very sly one...

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Apr 17 2013, 8:53pm

Post #5 of 6 (128 views)
Shortcut
I would say [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Thorin-no doubt about that
2. Dwalin-probably fairly close to matching Thorin
3. Gloin-he's very handy in a fight
4. I imagine that Nori and Fili would be evenly matched, with Kili behind given that the bow is his primary means of attack.
5. Balin has fought in many battles but I'd say his great age makes him fairly un-formidable compared to some of the others.
6. Bifur/Dori
7. Bofur
8. Bombur because of his weight
9. Oin due to his age and lack of hearing
10. Ori-easily no match for any one of the others-even Bilbo could probably deal with him.

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Apr 23 2013, 2:30am

Post #6 of 6 (714 views)
Shortcut
There are warriors among the dwarves... [In reply to] Can't Post

To paraphrase Thorin, but all old warriors. Definitely going to be either Balin, Dwalin or Thorin, but I think Bifur can surprise someone.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.