Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Who will dress up?

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Apr 22 2013, 8:51pm

Post #1 of 12 (416 views)
Shortcut
Who will dress up? Can't Post

Will anyone here dress up for DOS in the theater?
If so, who will you dress up as?

I will be dressing up as Bilbo.Tongue I am intending on creating the costume myself, so I will probably have to start building soon!

Kili
The Shire

Apr 22 2013, 9:20pm

Post #2 of 12 (202 views)
Shortcut
I might [In reply to] Can't Post

Either I'll copy Thorin's hair style and leave it at that, or I'll redo the Legolas costume my sisters had for the LOTR premiers. It would depend on whether I was going with a group that was dressing up, or just regular people.Wink

(This post was edited by Kili on Apr 22 2013, 9:21pm)

Old Toby
Gondor

Apr 22 2013, 10:40pm

Post #3 of 12 (161 views)
Shortcut
I don't think any of my friends are 'regular people' LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Either I'll copy Thorin's hair style and leave it at that, or I'll redo the Legolas costume my sisters had for the LOTR premiers. It would depend on whether I was going with a group that was dressing up, or just regular people.Wink

We are all irregular, therefore of course we will all be in full Hobbit costume for DOS! I'm going in my Bilbo outfit! Funfunfun!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Apr 22 2013, 11:20pm

Post #4 of 12 (160 views)
Shortcut
I wish I could dress up as... [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug. :)

I don't usually dress up for movies, but might try to come up with something for DoS. I would love to be an Elf (sigh), but I think a Hobbit-woman would be more suitable for my stature. It would be fun to dress up as Belladonna Took-Baggins.

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Apr 23 2013, 12:57am

Post #5 of 12 (135 views)
Shortcut
I'd love to dress up [In reply to] Can't Post

But I don't know if I will be going on opening night. If so, I want to. Now if I can just find time to make a costume, I would dress up as either Elrond, or an elf.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 23 2013, 2:04am

Post #6 of 12 (128 views)
Shortcut
I plan to :) [In reply to] Can't Post

My plan is to host a line party (like I did for AUJ/wore my Wraith costume); but I haven't decided on a costume yet. It's gonna be something that doesn't scare people seeing a 61 yo gramma wearing. I'm thinking I'd make a really cute Orc. ;)

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Eruwestial37
Rohan

Apr 23 2013, 4:38am

Post #7 of 12 (112 views)
Shortcut
ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gramma, I'm only a year younger than you, but I've been dying to wear my 'yard sale Legolas' costume. It's made up of things bought in yard sales and resale shops. Such fun! I only wish I had a proper wig. I'm a brown (and grey) haired Legolas...
It's been in storage all these years...

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Apr 23 2013, 9:34am

Post #8 of 12 (93 views)
Shortcut
I'll be dressed as Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

I put together a Bilbo costume that I have already used for Halloween, DragonCon, and the AUJ premiere. I will likely use it again for DOS.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2013, 11:07am

Post #9 of 12 (95 views)
Shortcut
what, what do you mean? [In reply to] Can't Post

what, what do you mean?

i'm dressed in silvery gray and green right now, and my raiment is woven with living gems of tiniest white fire that glitter like stars as were first seen at cuivienen. i am also nibbling on some lembas. what's the dress code?

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Rostron2
Gondor

Apr 23 2013, 4:51pm

Post #10 of 12 (76 views)
Shortcut
I'll wear something as a symbol, however, [In reply to] Can't Post

No costumes for me. I'd be closest to Elrond, methinks. My crowd doesn't dress up like we used to. It's fun to see people in line though, if the costumes aren't LAME.

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Apr 28 2013, 9:51pm

Post #11 of 12 (36 views)
Shortcut
I'd absolutely love to dress up, [In reply to] Can't Post

but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it to a priemere, midnight showing or of the such.FrownUnsure
Plus the people that I'd be going with probably won't be dressing up. I will, however, be appareled in some sort of T-shirt with Hobbit/LOTR pics on it!

If I were to dress-up, either Tauriel, Legolas or Kili. Just so long as they have a bow and arrows!!!Smile Oh, if a hobbit, Frodo, all the way!

"The Ring is Mine!" ~ Frodo Baggins

TolkienLocked
The Shire

May 14 2013, 11:21pm

Post #12 of 12 (57 views)
Shortcut
Same here :) [In reply to] Can't Post

IF there is a premiere I'll be going as Bilbo - I was thinking of going as Smaug but um, how the hell do you make a costume for a dragon? Haha, anyway. I'm actually having a lot of trouble finding a corduroy burgundy jacket...I have everything else sans ears and foot hair though. Soooo glad I'm not the only one thinking of going in costume, not that I'd mind being the only person dressed up there but you know, looking slightly crazy and all that...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.