Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
To Golg, or not to Golg:that is the question.

axecrazy
Rivendell

Apr 22 2013, 11:09am

Views: 595
Shortcut
To Golg, or not to Golg:that is the question. Can't Post

:) This is really a discussion thread for Lio and I for something I pointed out during a chat on Twitter last night. Twitter is no good for proper discussion. It's a small point really. Golg... Azog's first line in AUJ. It's not subtitled because Balin is narrating the Battle of Azanulbizar and of course his dialogue takes precedence. But it is the first coherent word uttered by Azog....okay, more like growled out, but whatever.

Lio thinks it's 'Gorg', while I think it's 'Golg'. Yeah, we're weird about stuff like this. Never mind us.

Azog: Defiling since 2790

Subject User Time
To Golg, or not to Golg:that is the question. axecrazy Send a private message to axecrazy Apr 22 2013, 11:09am
    It definitely sounded like "Gorg" to me... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Apr 22 2013, 4:15pm
        Vaguely similar? Lio Send a private message to Lio Apr 23 2013, 12:13am
        AAAAAAAhahahhaahaahaaaaaa! AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 23 2013, 4:08am
    I heard my name XD Lio Send a private message to Lio Apr 23 2013, 12:07am
        Almost... "Golog" means Elf in Black Speech, but more specifically, a Noldo. // Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Apr 23 2013, 6:41am
            Orkish versus Black Speech in AUJ (Geeky language speculation warning!) Lio Send a private message to Lio Apr 23 2013, 11:48pm
        lol axecrazy Send a private message to axecrazy Apr 23 2013, 2:38pm
            It is a cool slogan! Lio Send a private message to Lio Apr 23 2013, 11:57pm
                The first time I heard it cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Apr 24 2013, 12:59am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.