Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TABA What if....

StoneHex104
Rivendell

Apr 21 2013, 5:15pm

Post #1 of 16 (969 views)
Shortcut
TABA What if.... Can't Post

What if... before the beginning of the BOFA all of the dwarves (Except Thorin obviously) yell "For Bilbo!" and the Misty Mountains theme kicks in (Epic) like in ROTK Aragorn yelled "For Frodo!"

I know that it wouldn't make sense because Aragorn was doing it for Frodo to destroy the Ring. As Bilbo just betrayed Thorin, I don't know if it would help as such. But I think that it would make an epic introduction from the dwarves into the battle.

Rostron2
Gondor

Apr 21 2013, 5:28pm

Post #2 of 16 (443 views)
Shortcut
Only if... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo gets conked on the head in front of them all!

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Apr 21 2013, 5:29pm

Post #3 of 16 (433 views)
Shortcut
Nah, [In reply to] Can't Post

too much of a cliché to be done twice in the same series IMOSmile

Vocalist in the progressive metal band Renamed.

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 21 2013, 5:38pm

Post #4 of 16 (403 views)
Shortcut
Unlikely, I'd say.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...because whatever it is they're fighting for, it certainly isn't Bilbo.. 'For treasure!' 'For the mountain!' 'Oh no, the Orcs are coming!' ... 'For Thorin!' is a possibility. But I'd say it's more likely they won't shout anything at all, just get on with the battle.

Shagrat
Gondor

Apr 21 2013, 5:39pm

Post #5 of 16 (395 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

When that wall calls down, I'd love to hear a brief silence, a cry of 'Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu' and, as the Dwarves charge out, the grandest statement of the 'Misty Mountains' theme with a portion of the lyrics sang in Khuzdul by a male choir (sort of mirroring 'For Frodo!' in that it's the only time Shore used a choral rendition of the 'Fellowship' theme). That would be truly epic. I don't really see how 'For Bilbo' could make sense, and as others have said it would be far too similar.

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Apr 21 2013, 5:40pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 21 2013, 5:48pm

Post #6 of 16 (393 views)
Shortcut
For Narnia and for Aslan!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oops, wrong franchise.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Apr 21 2013, 5:51pm

Post #7 of 16 (422 views)
Shortcut
Given how AUJ ripped off LotR every 5 seconds... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't put it past PJ and Co...in fact, I'd be surprised if TABA didn't emulate the battles of the previous trilogy for the sake of more faux-Lucasian "rhyming".

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

deskp
Lorien

Apr 21 2013, 5:53pm

Post #8 of 16 (391 views)
Shortcut
no. [In reply to] Can't Post

Makes no sense.

if anyone they wouuld be shouting for Thorin. their "new" king.

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Apr 21 2013, 6:01pm

Post #9 of 16 (372 views)
Shortcut
That would really fit well... [In reply to] Can't Post

... if Bilbo hits Thorin on his head by the Arkenstone before he takes his leave for good.

TongueTongueTongue

I am the Grandson of Samwise Gamgee. My grandpa loved Frodo uncle and Frodo uncle loved his pet, Smeagol. So I am named Smeagol Bagginsess! Ain't I cute?

LordotRings93
Rohan

Apr 21 2013, 6:23pm

Post #10 of 16 (329 views)
Shortcut
Uhhh no.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Kinda sounds out of place. The BOFA isn't being fought for Bilbo, so it'd be odd seeing the dwarves yell "For Bilbo". Although I do hope that MM theme is used in some form or another during the battle. Always gives me goosebumps.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Elutherian
Rohan

Apr 21 2013, 6:29pm

Post #11 of 16 (330 views)
Shortcut
That would be too much of a rip-off... [In reply to] Can't Post

...But I do hope we see Dain and his Dwarfs riding into battle, bagpipes playing, shouting "Baruk Khazad, Khazad Ai Menu!"

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

paperC
Rivendell

Apr 21 2013, 8:41pm

Post #12 of 16 (269 views)
Shortcut
That would be ridiculous [In reply to] Can't Post

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 21 2013, 10:49pm

Post #13 of 16 (199 views)
Shortcut
Nope. [In reply to] Can't Post

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 21 2013, 11:17pm

Post #14 of 16 (197 views)
Shortcut
eh? [In reply to] Can't Post

and why would they shout for Bilbo? Aragorn said; "for Frodo", he did not shout it btw. Aragorn said it because at the time he thought Frodo was dead. You are mixing apples and oranges here pal, there would be no point for the dwarves to shout for Bilbo.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

cartermoulton
Bree

Apr 22 2013, 1:01am

Post #15 of 16 (201 views)
Shortcut
overused the misty mountains theme [In reply to] Can't Post

they used it what, 4 times (the singing, 2 "charges" and 1 landscape sequence) in The Hobbit? Shore should have some other themes by then.

cineaesthetic, a high-res media blog

emre43
Lorien

Apr 22 2013, 7:13am

Post #16 of 16 (144 views)
Shortcut
No way should this happen [In reply to] Can't Post

It is unique to Aragorn and Frodo's situation. For what reason exactly would they be shouting "For Bilbo" exactly?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.