Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
ah, thanks so much, curiousg

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 21 2013, 2:17pm

Views: 106
Shortcut
ah, thanks so much, curiousg [In reply to] Can't Post

the love/hate thing has been harder for me to really understand in my heart.... but with this analogy, i think i'm getting it more. it works for me, and perhaps it will be helpful to others.

(also, noted your use of "modar" on the sticky thread -- awesome!!! : ) )

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Subject User Time
**Silmarillion Discussion 2013, Part 2 of Chapter 9: Of The Flight of the Noldor noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 19 2013, 9:51am
    My thoughts Finwe Send a private message to Finwe Apr 19 2013, 2:16pm
        I agree about the Ring Finwe Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 19 2013, 2:39pm
            Unstoppable eater versus impossible meal! noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 19 2013, 3:43pm
                Ungoliant vs a VERY hot Sacred pepper Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 19 2013, 5:41pm
                They'd have consumed her Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Apr 19 2013, 7:24pm
                how to eat holy light Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 4:06pm
                    Logically the hallowing by Varda is the difference...is that enough? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 21 2013, 4:20pm
            but something does happen to the One Ring... telain Send a private message to telain Apr 19 2013, 11:10pm
                That's a good point Telain; I do have an idea... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 20 2013, 3:22am
                    sense has been made! telain Send a private message to telain Apr 20 2013, 5:19pm
                        Stones vs Rings CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Apr 20 2013, 5:41pm
                            i like the casting of your words Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 4:34pm
                                “The awful thing... sador Send a private message to sador Apr 21 2013, 4:52pm
                                    hah! great quote, sador // Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 5:00pm
                        Rings of gold vs Rings of light... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 20 2013, 7:21pm
                        if the silmarils did have agency... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 4:20pm
                            A bit of "Magical realism" here? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 21 2013, 5:27pm
                                now you're invoking wardrobes? Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 5:50pm
                                    I was wondering... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 21 2013, 5:56pm
                                        hah!!! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 6:05pm
                                            Live from inside the wardrobe of magic realism... noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 21 2013, 7:23pm
                                                I'd see a gastroenterologist about that diaresis, if I were you CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Apr 21 2013, 11:06pm
                                                    Diaresis by any other name... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 22 2013, 1:50am
                                                        manwe is not binary // Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 22 2013, 2:04am
                                        Oh, where has Emily disappeared to now? CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Apr 21 2013, 11:26pm
                                            'tis poetry! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 22 2013, 1:12am
                                            See Emily Play - oh wait, she's invisible! noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 22 2013, 8:56am
                                                Free games for May. sador Send a private message to sador Apr 22 2013, 10:57am
                                                I think "magical realism" makes it "acceptable literature" CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Apr 22 2013, 4:49pm
                                                    Yes, clearly from Terry Pratchett's comment there's a feeling its snobbery at work // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 22 2013, 4:52pm
        I can only echo Finwe's thoughts CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Apr 19 2013, 10:49pm
            If everyone had a Silmaril Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 19 2013, 11:11pm
    Another awesome discussion post NoWiz! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 19 2013, 2:23pm
        nice descriptions, brethil.... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 3:58pm
    The Quarrel of the Theives! sador Send a private message to sador Apr 21 2013, 10:42am
    maciliel-thoughts Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 1:42pm
        This is great CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Apr 21 2013, 2:04pm
            ah, thanks so much, curiousg Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 21 2013, 2:17pm
                Festering competitiveness too noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Apr 21 2013, 4:21pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.