Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
lembas vs. cram

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2013, 5:48pm

Post #1 of 11 (783 views)
Shortcut
lembas vs. cram Can't Post

both enduring, both sustaining.

both made by creative and talented peoples.

lembas -- light, but one small bite can sustain a grown man for a day.

cram -- well-nigh indestructable, lasts as long as durin the deathless.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 15 2013, 8:47pm

Post #2 of 11 (160 views)
Shortcut
Lembas [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a lot more tasty.Smile

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Apr 17 2013, 8:53pm

Post #3 of 11 (197 views)
Shortcut
Lembas// [In reply to] Can't Post

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."

CuriousG
Valinor

Apr 19 2013, 12:03am

Post #4 of 11 (139 views)
Shortcut
Lembas. And it lasts a long time too, if you preserve it's eco-friendly food packaging. // [In reply to] Can't Post

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Apr 19 2013, 6:51am

Post #5 of 11 (127 views)
Shortcut
Depends on the journey [In reply to] Can't Post

Somehow I think cram is a lot more filling, so if I were going on a very long journey, I'd take it instead of lembas. Although, after that I think I'd never eat it again.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2013, 11:33am

Post #6 of 11 (123 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

the first quasi-cram vote.

poor cram.

i do see your point. and i was thinking in the same direction.

for a high tea, with fancy guests, just before a brisk walk of 300 miles, perhaps lembas.

food fight -- i'm going with cram.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Apr 19 2013, 11:48am

Post #7 of 11 (119 views)
Shortcut
Cram food fight....ouch. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only ever had a food fight with spaghetti. Cram is for the fighters. Don't want serious damage....

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Apr 19 2013, 3:19pm

Post #8 of 11 (176 views)
Shortcut
Lembas has it all over cram... [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless you need to improvise an anchor (or if you need food that has a damage-rating when used as ammunition).

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

icefire29

Jun 7 2013, 11:53pm

Post #9 of 11 (87 views)
Shortcut
LEMBAS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lembas! It tastes better, while cram tastes like nothing, basically, if you remember from the Hobbit.

sevilodorf
Gondor

Jun 10 2013, 6:10pm

Post #10 of 11 (109 views)
Shortcut
Do the dwarves distribute cram more than elves do lembas? [In reply to] Can't Post

Because simple availability might have to be considered as a factor.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jun 21 2013, 11:55am

Post #11 of 11 (897 views)
Shortcut
Riddle: what's a nickname for the Lake Town Institute of Culinary Arts? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cram school.

My vote is with lembas.

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.