Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Very sorry to anyone it may have offended...

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 18 2013, 7:09pm

Post #1 of 7 (588 views)
Shortcut
Very sorry to anyone it may have offended... Can't Post

I didn't mean "Fairy-like" in that way. NOT AT ALL. I only meant that it was light and airy and flighty like a fairy might be. Again so sorry if anyone was hurt. I realize that this might need to go in reply to my previous post but I wanted to make sure you all saw it. Again my apologies. Unsure
A very embarrassed RangerLady out.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 18 2013, 8:16pm

Post #2 of 7 (313 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, RangerLady.. [In reply to] Can't Post

"light and airy and flighty like a fairy might be" was just the sort of description I was looking for to understand what you were saying.

I just couldn't figure out what attributes those little winged fairies possessed that could be applied to the fall but your explanation helps me understand what you were getting at.

Don't be embarrassed. I just need to find the wave length you were on and join you there. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Apr 18 2013, 8:17pm)

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Apr 19 2013, 12:32am

Post #3 of 7 (273 views)
Shortcut
No problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew what you were talking about. For future reference, you can describe the scene as puppet-like. Cool

paperC
Rivendell

Apr 19 2013, 9:15am

Post #4 of 7 (224 views)
Shortcut
Please update me! [In reply to] Can't Post

What have you said and why do you think it might have been offensive?

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 19 2013, 9:26am

Post #5 of 7 (227 views)
Shortcut
Nothing to worry about. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was just a simple misunderstanding and it's all cleared up now. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 23 2013, 5:50pm

Post #6 of 7 (131 views)
Shortcut
Thanks guys! [In reply to] Can't Post

I appreciate the understanding and for PaperC's benefit please see "Fakey Frodo Fall" in the Lord of the Rings discussion forum.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Apr 24 2013, 5:52am

Post #7 of 7 (145 views)
Shortcut
No Misunderstanding [In reply to] Can't Post

I was not offended because I read it perfectly as it was meant to be understood. I know the scene well and always look upon it with humor and without really any complaint, so it was easy to take your description at face value without a second thought.

Those who might fear meanings of words and intent unfortunately pass that on to others, teaching reason for offense where none might otherwise have been considered. Admins, moderators and such, like police, must have those things in mind because it's their job to be somewhat cynical in order to protect their community from the nefarious, so I would give them a pass on such thoughts. I understand it well. But I would not raise the objection publicly otherwise because it can, obviously, cause unnecessary embarrassment to someone who never intended offense. I'm really sorry you had to apologize.

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Apr 24 2013, 5:55am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.