Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome Syzygy

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 19 2013, 1:32am

Views: 110
Shortcut
Welcome Syzygy [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, you wondered into our campfire and you are welcome here. Set awhile because there is some good company about.

For my part, if you wish to run with this thread a while, please do, and if a body wishes to contribute all is welcome. There are no obligations or expectations. It is good to just go where it goes.

I went wondering to find something but being away from the fire in the dark i stumbled across something i did not expect. I found this youtube piece and found it warming and comforting actually, given the times.

I am not a hunter now except by camera, but these folk are, but i found them quite amiable. The prize herein which i found was centered around a man named Jim Parker. So, if you want to sit by the fire and catch something special (in my opinion), settle in and
listen to some of his campfire songs:)

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

May the grace of Manw let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manw Slimo

Subject User Time
What are you listening to? Syzygy Send a private message to Syzygy Apr 18 2013, 2:48am
    We used to have a regular music thread zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Apr 18 2013, 6:50am
        I remember that song! Syzygy Send a private message to Syzygy Apr 18 2013, 2:12pm
            Music discussion threads have always been sporadic Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 18 2013, 8:08pm
                Sea shanties! Syzygy Send a private message to Syzygy Apr 19 2013, 2:30am
                    some songs are meant to be sung by men Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 19 2013, 3:30am
                    Not exactly a sea shantie Starling Send a private message to Starling Apr 19 2013, 6:20am
                        It's almost a 'local' song for me Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 19 2013, 3:44pm
                            One more by sea song by Stan Rogers Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 19 2013, 3:57pm
                                Just stumbled on this audio book site Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Apr 19 2013, 9:22pm
                    LOL! That's where my mind always goes when I hear the term "sea shanties" :D zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Apr 19 2013, 7:39am
                Sorry to overstate Hamfast's dibs :P zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Apr 19 2013, 7:57am
    Welcome Syzygy silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 19 2013, 1:32am
        Thank you for not putting out the light Syzygy Send a private message to Syzygy Apr 19 2013, 2:37am
    Been switching back and forth... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Apr 19 2013, 3:04am
    The most recent disc that I've thrown into the CD player... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 19 2013, 3:31pm
    Worked on increasing my (U.S.) Country music literacy Kelly of Water's Edge Send a private message to Kelly of Water's Edge Apr 19 2013, 11:40pm
        Try some Merle Haggard// sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Apr 20 2013, 2:35am
        My dad didn't listen to much country music Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 20 2013, 5:48am
    Searched all over? SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Apr 20 2013, 3:26am
        And something completely different SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Apr 20 2013, 3:51am
            ah! the age of Funk! ... batik Send a private message to batik Apr 21 2013, 5:42pm
    thanks for continuing the baton for the thread! Hmm, what have I been listening to.. Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Apr 21 2013, 2:17am
    Late to this thread...but right now, Elwen Send a private message to Elwen Apr 23 2013, 10:52pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.