Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How will the dwarves escape from the barrels?
Poll: How will the dwarves escape from the barrells?
By Bilbo alone and unaided
In cooperation with at least one dwarvish collaborator
With the knowing consent or assistance of at least one Elven sympathizer
With the help of magical intervention from some outside(non-Ring) source, such as Gandalf, Radagast, Galadriel, or similar
View Results (33 votes)

Finwe
Lorien

Apr 18 2013, 6:01pm

Post #1 of 9 (270 views)
Shortcut
How will the dwarves escape from the barrels? Can't Post

This is something I meant to do in the past, but got sidetracked by real life. I propose to create a poll here at TORn to follow along with Dr. Corey Olsen's Riddles in the Dark podcasts, which preview the upcoming Hobbit movies. As a new podcast is posted, I will create a new poll here. I've gone back and forth about where to post these. Should I create an actual poll here in the Pollantir forum or just create a thread in the Hobbit Movie board? I ultimately decided to post here for the actual poll feature, in addition the fact that there are some, like myself, that rarely venture into the Hobbit Movie board. If mods or popular opinion prefer otherwise, that's fine with me. As far as the question goes, please feel free to vote and share your answer below.

(This post was edited by Finwe on Apr 18 2013, 6:02pm)

Finwe
Lorien

Apr 18 2013, 6:03pm

Post #2 of 9 (136 views)
Shortcut
I voted elf help [In reply to] Can't Post

I think either Legolas or Tauriel will assist Bilbo in his endeavor.

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 18 2013, 6:13pm

Post #3 of 9 (137 views)
Shortcut
I vote [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo with the help of at least one dwarf.Cool

CuriousG
Valinor

Apr 18 2013, 8:02pm

Post #4 of 9 (111 views)
Shortcut
I think Elf-help too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kirly
Lorien

Apr 21 2013, 2:41am

Post #5 of 9 (109 views)
Shortcut
Best of both worlds [In reply to] Can't Post

Should I create an actual poll here in the Pollantir forum or just create a thread in the Hobbit Movie board? I

How about posting the polls here as you mention for the poll feature, and a link to it in the hobbit movie area so everyone is prompted to come overe and see it?

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 24 2013, 4:23pm

Post #6 of 9 (53 views)
Shortcut
Non-sleeping Elf help [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Tauriel will help them. In the book, sleeping guards might work but on film I think they'll take the opportunity to change that from passive action to active participation.

RosieLass
Valinor

Apr 24 2013, 4:29pm

Post #7 of 9 (46 views)
Shortcut
I voted Bilbo alone and unaided. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I know that's hardly likely, given PJ's propensity to change things.

FlamingDovahkiin
The Shire

Apr 25 2013, 12:19pm

Post #8 of 9 (71 views)
Shortcut
I don't quite understand... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure I get this poll, I didn't see Legolas in the first Hobbit movie. And I don't see why they should change anything. Am I missing some info?

MaeBeth
Bree

May 8 2013, 3:51pm

Post #9 of 9 (64 views)
Shortcut
Sorry.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Voted Bilbo alone. Not really because that's how it's supposed to go from the book, but really...uh, lost my train of thought. It kinda derailedSly

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.