Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Back for more.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 18 2013, 5:25pm

Views: 109
Shortcut
Back for more. [In reply to] Can't Post

1. After the Dwarves are captured, they are taken into the Elvenking’s palace and brought before him. Identify at least one of the three following things (be specific, and include what the things are made of): either what the king is sitting on OR what is on his head OR what he holds in his hand.

He was, regrettably, sitting on his finely carved oakentush while wearing a very dodgy crown of red leaves and berries lovingly knitted for him by his ma...and held a size 50 wooden knitting needle in his hand for use on anyone unwise enough to make fun of it. It was supposed to be a circular scarf.

2. Who did Bilbo find imprisoned in a specially deep dark place in the Elvenking’s palace?
Amigurumi Thorin, Tauriel's swiftly crocheted new Pillow Pet. ;)

3. Bilbo is able to steal the keys from the Chief of the Guards and the Elvenking’s butler. Why don’t they notice him?

Good question. Who needs a mini Cloak of Invisibility when one has the power of the Dorwinion drinking game to rely on?

4. What does Bilbo do with the keys after he frees all the Dwarves, just before they make their grand escape?

He returns the keys...along with a strategically placed small piece of red yarn, to make the guilty partyers wonder just what had happened in the cellars that reeeeally ought to stay in the cellars... ;)

5. The barrels with the Dwarves run aground in a wide bay shortly after the escape from the Elvenking’s palace. Elves rope the barrels all together and leave them till morning; Bilbo wades ashore. With his ring on he creeps close to the fire, and for a while remains undetected. What eventually gives him away?

Sneezes and a trail of water due to wearing a historically accurate gansey knitted by a culture-sustaining woman rather than a mystical magical waterproof one ohSOOO tightly knitted by a verbose boor with more bull than skill. [* runs to stand in front of mirror, and turns around three times while chanting the magic word*]

*walks off, whistling*

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Apr 18 2013, 5:33pm)

Subject User Time
SAST Quiz #12 Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Apr 15 2013, 11:20pm
    answers ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Apr 16 2013, 12:04am
    SAST # 12 answers Eowyn3 Send a private message to Eowyn3 Apr 16 2013, 1:22am
    More quizzes! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 16 2013, 2:09am
        Elves. Now I'm not a-saying Sorhed is right, but I'm not saying he is wrong, either. sador Send a private message to sador Apr 18 2013, 8:05am
            "Congratulations,' dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 18 2013, 11:51am
    I'm really enjoying these--thanks! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Apr 16 2013, 2:14am
    At this point I really hope you've watched Blackadder Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Apr 16 2013, 2:25am
    Yay! Another one! Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 Apr 16 2013, 4:28am
    My take on things... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Apr 16 2013, 7:38am
    SAST Quiz #11 ANSWERS & RESULTS Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Apr 16 2013, 10:46am
    ? Luinnár Send a private message to Luinnár Apr 16 2013, 11:40am
    *fingers crossed* Elwen Send a private message to Elwen Apr 16 2013, 2:13pm
    No. 12!! Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Apr 16 2013, 3:22pm
    Quiz #12 The Prancing Pony Send a private message to The Prancing Pony Apr 16 2013, 4:33pm
    Huh! Elves.... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Apr 16 2013, 9:59pm
    I'm feeling pretty good about this one! GwaihirWindLord Send a private message to GwaihirWindLord Apr 16 2013, 10:32pm
    #12 Nira Send a private message to Nira Apr 17 2013, 12:38am
    Answers #12 Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Apr 17 2013, 12:59am
    Quiz 12 Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Apr 17 2013, 1:13am
    This seems doable. SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Apr 17 2013, 1:57am
    OK - here goes! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Apr 17 2013, 2:35am
    My object all sublime I shall achieve in time... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Apr 17 2013, 7:21am
        Your answer to #2: perfect! // dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 17 2013, 4:41pm
        Hard to imagine Thorin as a source of innocent merriment... Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Apr 18 2013, 9:34pm
            Which? Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Apr 19 2013, 4:38am
                Both! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Apr 20 2013, 3:50am
    What a happy chapter! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Apr 17 2013, 11:36pm
    Attempt to acheive medocricity :) Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Apr 18 2013, 1:09am
    Uh-oh... I'm in trouble now! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 18 2013, 1:53am
    Oh boy, one of my favorite chapters! Bellerock Send a private message to Bellerock Apr 18 2013, 7:14am
    Hail and well-met, O barrel-mistress. sador Send a private message to sador Apr 18 2013, 7:56am
        I think we're going to be seeing more of that particular painting dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 18 2013, 11:57am
    Back for more. Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Apr 18 2013, 5:25pm
    Here goes... Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Apr 18 2013, 9:15pm
    ***QUIZ CLOSED*** Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Apr 19 2013, 7:53am
    Well, darn -- I just got here Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Apr 20 2013, 4:05am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.