Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
The Battle of Pellenor Fields Special Feature

syxx2003

Apr 18 2013, 4:23am

Post #1 of 11 (445 views)
Shortcut
The Battle of Pellenor Fields Special Feature Can't Post

I remember seeing a special feature about when they were programming the battle of Pellenor Fields. They were saying they were having a hard time doing it because one side would want to retreat and they were having issues getting them to battle to the death. I havent been able to find it again so I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find that video or if I'm remembering it wrong/making it up. Anyone have any ideas?

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2013, 4:14pm

Post #2 of 11 (231 views)
Shortcut
I remember this as one of the extras [In reply to] Can't Post

on the DVD, but I couldn't tell you which one. I think there's one about the development of MASSIVE and it's likely that one.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

syxx2003

Apr 18 2013, 5:09pm

Post #3 of 11 (212 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched one about Massive but it wasnt it, or I missed it. I'm glad I'm not just imagining that I saw it. I'll have to search through the extras again and see if I can find it. It's been quite a while since I saw that one but its one I always found interesting.

swordmaster

Apr 18 2013, 10:24pm

Post #4 of 11 (196 views)
Shortcut
It was about Massive [In reply to] Can't Post

In the extras they said that when they used massive to make a battle scene 2 agents were facing the wrong direction and started running away in the background.

syxx2003

Apr 19 2013, 1:26am

Post #5 of 11 (183 views)
Shortcut
Massive [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll give that one another watch.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 19 2013, 2:18am

Post #6 of 11 (179 views)
Shortcut
From memory, [In reply to] Can't Post

didn't one of the guys on the Massive feature joke that the guys weren't running away - they were running around the world to attack from behind? Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

swordmaster

Apr 19 2013, 2:20am

Post #7 of 11 (167 views)
Shortcut
maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

They may have said that, I can't remember

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 19 2013, 3:36am

Post #8 of 11 (166 views)
Shortcut
are you checking the extras for the TEs, too? [In reply to] Can't Post

It might be tempting to assume it was an EE extra but I think we forget about the TE extras and it could have been in there.

I have a vague memory of it, as well. So I don't think you're imagining it. But for some reason, I didn't remember it as a ROTK extra. So don't assume it was for ROTK, either.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Eruwestial37
Rohan

Apr 19 2013, 6:35am

Post #9 of 11 (156 views)
Shortcut
I believe it was from TT [In reply to] Can't Post

When they were using Massive to program the Uruks at Helm's Deep, they found that some of the fighters were going the wrong way. At first, they thought, "whoa-these guys are thinking for themselves!"
I think it's on the EE.
Hope this helps.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 19 2013, 3:54pm

Post #10 of 11 (139 views)
Shortcut
That is what I was thinking... Helm's Deep // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

syxx2003

Apr 21 2013, 1:31am

Post #11 of 11 (137 views)
Shortcut
Found it [In reply to] Can't Post

I found it. Its on the Two Towers Extended Edition. Its in the Weta Visual Effects feature. It was about some of the first tests of MASSIVE and there were a few people that were running away because they had nobody in their vision. They were running away because thats the way they were facing when they went to "look" for other combatants. Thanks for the help everyone!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.