How far ahead the Road has gone.
And I must follow if I can ...

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 16 2013, 2:33pm

Post #2 of 13 (661 views)
Shortcut
No living man can kill the witch king. [In reply to] Can't Post

So I guess Darth Vader would be considered a living man.

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Apr 18 2013, 9:34pm

Post #3 of 13 (593 views)
Shortcut
Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

They are both so awesome, they would cancel each other out!!!!Shocked

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Apr 19 2013, 7:02am

Post #4 of 13 (589 views)
Shortcut
I would pay with my Star Wars and LotR action figures to see this... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's difficult to say. If Darth proclaims to be The Witch King's daddy he'll catch him off guard and have some time to lop off his hand. Then Salacious Crumb will randomly stab The Witch King from behind.

But as Luinnár said, I suppose Darth is a mortal man. In a way.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 24 2013, 4:13pm

Post #5 of 13 (577 views)
Shortcut
If you call that living. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Eowyn (though obviously of the race of Man) got by with a similar technicality. Wink

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Elwen
Lorien

Apr 24 2013, 8:28pm

Post #6 of 13 (615 views)
Shortcut
Well that depends... [In reply to] Can't Post

No blade can pierce the Witch King and survive, so would Vader's lightsaber short out?

I'm thinking Witch King takes this one. Vader's more machine than man, but still a man.

Before kids, exercising with LOTR meant listening to the soundtrack while I ran.

After kids, exercising with LOTR means having an all out dance party with the little ones to the "Break the Dam Release the River" disco mix form the Lego game.

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 25 2013, 5:53pm

Post #7 of 13 (668 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Semper Fi
Rohan

May 26 2013, 3:51pm

Post #8 of 13 (554 views)
Shortcut
Well, The Prequels and altered ROTJ ending revealed Vader`s a bratty teen named Annie [In reply to] Can't Post

so that doesn`t qualify as a man, no? Laugh Therefore, Vader wins.

Yngwulff
Gondor

May 27 2013, 2:03am

Post #9 of 13 (553 views)
Shortcut
Vader [In reply to] Can't Post

Use the force and blow him sideways before the Witch king even got close. Light sabre would hammer the Witch King ..its energy/plasma and can melt steel.

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

BeornBerserker
Lorien

May 31 2013, 3:30pm

Post #10 of 13 (498 views)
Shortcut

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 4 2013, 2:43am

Post #11 of 13 (488 views)
Shortcut

The force stuff is a very big advantage. He is a better saber fighter and a light saber would do some damage to those precious robes.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Jun 10 2013, 6:08pm

Post #12 of 13 (505 views)
Shortcut

When it comes down to it ... Witch King is an underling... Now if Sauron himself showed up to play Vader would have more competition.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jul 15 2013, 10:20pm

Post #13 of 13 (1021 views)
Shortcut
So is Vader [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron vs Palpatine is the fight I'd want to see!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.