Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So... girls

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2007, 3:32am

Views: 883
Shortcut
So... girls Can't Post

We all knows that PJ and co expanded a little bit on Eowyn, a bit more on Galadriel, and quite a bit on Arwen in The Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit, however, seems to be lacking the fairer sex.

So do you think that...

A. The "Hobbit" film will add in a love interest (most likely to Bard)
B. The "Hobbit" film will add a family member (most likely to Thranduil's family; I'm thinking wife or daughter)
C. The "Hobbit" film will remember the fine people who created Master and Commander and will acknowledge that you don't actually need a female to make a good film.
D. A combination of A and B.

C would be ideal for me. B I would not mind too much; I could see the Queen of Mirkwood helping the dwarves escape for some unknown reason. 'A' would make me moan and groan. D would make me throw popcorn at the screen and demand a refund.

The worst case scenario I personally see is giving Thranduil a daughter, and mimicing LOTR with her love for Bard. Yuck.

So, what do you think is going to happen with The Female Factor in the first Hobbit film?

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Subject User Time
So... girls Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Dec 19 2007, 3:32am
    Cameos Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Dec 19 2007, 3:37am
        Can't have Arwen in the first movie. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 3:40am
            Sure, if you want to be accurate about the whole thing... Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Dec 19 2007, 3:48am
    "Lawrence of Arabia" is another successful example of your third option. // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 3:37am
        Never saw it Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Dec 19 2007, 3:51am
            Oh, do! N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 3:53am
                I saw LoA on a panoramic screen Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 19 2007, 4:08am
    E. Three of the Dwarves will actually be females. dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Dec 19 2007, 3:37am
        They'll have to make Aragorn 10 years older, then Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Dec 19 2007, 3:53am
            Who cares? N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 3:59am
        I second that suggestion! ;-) // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Dec 19 2007, 6:01am
        Agree on both counts! Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Dec 19 2007, 6:09am
    Female extra elves in Rivendell, and... Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 19 2007, 3:38am
    B Nimloth2 Send a private message to Nimloth2 Dec 19 2007, 3:46am
    I was just thinking about this. Smeagirl/Girllum Send a private message to Smeagirl/Girllum Dec 19 2007, 4:14am
        Would we see Frodo's parents drown? // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 4:25am
            I'm certainly not suggesting anything graphic Smeagirl/Girllum Send a private message to Smeagirl/Girllum Dec 19 2007, 4:40am
    How about fully-grown Arwen playing with 9-year-old Aragorn? Curious Send a private message to Curious Dec 19 2007, 4:22am
        Kinda spoils his later "Tinúviel!" moment, no? // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 4:25am
        LOL! I think you should start working on that script. Smeagirl/Girllum Send a private message to Smeagirl/Girllum Dec 19 2007, 4:42am
    I would hope for C. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Dec 19 2007, 5:34am
    I'll hope for C. GaladrielTX Send a private message to GaladrielTX Dec 19 2007, 1:50pm
        I quite agree. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Dec 19 2007, 3:21pm
    Girls in the film? Elven Send a private message to Elven Dec 19 2007, 3:29pm
        Girls? TomthePilgrim Send a private message to TomthePilgrim Dec 19 2007, 6:01pm
            Gimli was deemed too young to join the party. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 19 2007, 8:00pm
            I like C whitelady Send a private message to whitelady Dec 13 2008, 7:22pm
            i won't link again carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Dec 13 2008, 8:24pm
    This will be tricky Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Dec 19 2007, 8:13pm
    Well, if they bring in the White Council... diedye Send a private message to diedye Dec 20 2007, 3:35am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.