The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Two questions

rangerfromthenorth
Rivendell

Apr 12 2013, 3:19am

Post #1 of 4 (520 views)
Shortcut
Two questions Can't Post

1. Any word when the next trailer will be released... There was a rumor like over a month ago about one and I never heard anything
2. Anyone have any theories what the prologue will be for the desolation of smaug? I'm kinda thrain and the key in dol guldor...

Arannir
Valinor

Apr 12 2013, 7:13am

Post #2 of 4 (230 views)
Shortcut
PJ said "In the summer"... [In reply to] Can't Post

... for the trailer. I heard speculations that it might be shown at "Man of Steel" screening (hitting theatres in late June). But I have no idea whether this is true or not.

Prologue... I also think "the key" is a strong candidate for the prologue, since it certainly will be in DoS. Plus, it offers both a connection to the quest (key and Thrain) and the Necromancer (set in Dol Guldur etc.).

Whenever this scene is shown, however, they will have to explain why Thorin did not ask where Gandalf has met his father during the unexpected party. Obviously Thorin and Balin have some sort of knowledge in the movie-verse what happened to Thrain, otherwise there would have been more questions regarding the key, and Balin's comment on how they "did not know" what happened to Thrain leaves the possibility open that they now know.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Apr 12 2013, 7:17am)

Tinkerbell
Lorien

Apr 12 2013, 7:18am

Post #3 of 4 (199 views)
Shortcut
probably [In reply to] Can't Post

2. It probably will be the prologue. I can't think of an alternative place it might be seamlessly inserted.

Guillaume
The Shire

Apr 15 2013, 3:33am

Post #4 of 4 (50 views)
Shortcut
The High Fells? [In reply to] Can't Post

What about Gandalf and Radagast's descent to the Nazgūl tombs? Wasn't that expedition during the Dwarves' leave from Rivendell and the encounter with the Goblin King? Thoughts on how that will be inserted in DOS?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.