Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
I do all my decorating with antlers...

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 26 2013, 7:05pm

Post #1 of 7 (293 views)
Shortcut
I do all my decorating with antlers... Can't Post

...has become a meme in fandom. (a comparison between Thranduil and Gaston, from Beauty and the Beast)...

to that, I offer this bit of sciencey fact...

http://swordwhale3.tumblr.com/post/46350124099/for-all-of-those-memes-where-thranduil-is

Go outside and play...

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 26 2013, 7:06pm

Post #2 of 7 (195 views)
Shortcut
but wait, there's more... [In reply to] Can't Post

randomness from Mirthwood...

http://www.swordwhale.com/mirthwood.html

Go outside and play...

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 27 2013, 11:31am

Post #3 of 7 (178 views)
Shortcut
Hilarious! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see how easily Tauriel can get exasperated with Leggie.

Is that Sebastian the Hedgehog in the first picture? He would be a bit out of place, too.

Love the second one. A Tauriel and Thorin romance would be interesting...I have actually spent an hour comparing the height of Tauriel to all the other dwarf action figures.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Mar 27 2013, 11:33am)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 27 2013, 3:42pm

Post #4 of 7 (173 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is much shorter than I imagined. I got her action figure early on, and went...

Shocked

...she's a hair taller than Thorin. A lot shorter than Legolas.

OK, so she's a Sylvan Elf.

The action figure must be very good. When I saw pics on tumblr of the actress in a scene, I was like...

o__O) Is that the action figure?????

I've always thought the 6" figures were real works of art!

Yup, I had a random hedgehog...

...fandom seems to have decided that Martin Freeman looks like a hedgehog... ie: very cute.

Go outside and play...

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 27 2013, 5:03pm

Post #5 of 7 (199 views)
Shortcut
I know that Evangeline Lilly is short. [In reply to] Can't Post

I used to watch Lost - she was shorter than Dominic Monaghan. It seems the action figures are realistic in terms of height. Bolg is HUGE.

Those figures are usually very well made - Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Bolg, Gollum and Legolas, but some others like Bilbo, Tauriel, Fili and Kili made me go - UnimpressedPirateCrazy
Bilbo looked too much like Sam to me and was way too chubby to be Bilbo.
I'm also sad I never found a Yazneg. Spent an hour scouring the store behind racks of Avengers toys. Also took me ages to find Thorin. He was sold out almost every time. I think I found the see-through Bilbo, but it might be Harry Potter. Too invisible to tell.

Now I feel like playing with my action figures and legos.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 27 2013, 5:41pm

Post #6 of 7 (177 views)
Shortcut
plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy [In reply to] Can't Post

go outside and play (with a camera)(and your toys)...

I've actually seen some clever "fanart" on tumblr of various action figures (Gollum making snow angels for instance)....

Go outside and play...

sevilodorf
Gondor

Apr 9 2013, 12:02am

Post #7 of 7 (195 views)
Shortcut
It's another Gaston line that always does us in.... [In reply to] Can't Post

And every last inch of me's covered with hair.....The images.... so not Disney.

As for antler decorating...those antler chandeliers are enough to give me nightmares.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.