Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Christopher Lee and Phillip Boyens, regarding Galadriel and the Wizards. . . why do I have a strong feeling

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Apr 7 2013, 5:32pm

Views: 20980
Shortcut
Christopher Lee and Phillip Boyens, regarding Galadriel and the Wizards. . . why do I have a strong feeling Can't Post

that Ms. Boyens would not make some of the statements she makes concerning Galadriel's status among the Chief Wise, if Christopher Lee were sitting at her side during the commentary. . . I know, it seems a strange notion, but it came to me most strongly watching the Best Buy documentary. Phillipa puts emphasis on the fact that Galadriel "decided" to call together the Wise and form a council, which of course is very true, though one notes she puts more emphasis on Galadriel conveneing the council than upon the council itself, its members and their nature. By contrast, Christopher Lee both acknowledges the great power and wisdom of the council as a whole, but also emphasizes Saruman's role within it. He is "Number 1," The head of The Council and the foremost of The Wizards.

I get the very strong feeling that Phillipa would never dream of suggesting to the Legendarium steeped loremaster Lee that Galadriel, mighty and magnificent as we all agree she was, was the most powerful being in Middle-Earth.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Subject User Time
Christopher Lee and Phillip Boyens, regarding Galadriel and the Wizards. . . why do I have a strong feeling AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 7 2013, 5:32pm
    Wasn't the role of #1 appointed to Saruman by Galadriel? // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 7 2013, 5:42pm
        No, Galadriel wanted Mithrandir to head the council Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Apr 7 2013, 6:05pm
        No. There were no singular appointments. And, as they seem never to have entirely AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 7 2013, 6:05pm
    They had Saruman fall from Orthanc DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 7 2013, 5:50pm
        Well . . . AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 7 2013, 6:15pm
        His death in the book is just as cheap sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Apr 7 2013, 10:06pm
            It wasn't and here is why. . . AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 7 2013, 10:15pm
                Saruman's book death Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Apr 8 2013, 2:31pm
                    Not nothingness. It "went withersoever it was doomed to go, and never returned to Middle-Earth," AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 8 2013, 9:44pm
                        Yep, that was the quote... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Apr 8 2013, 10:30pm
                            Absolutely AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 8 2013, 11:06pm
        Saruman's Fate JWPlatt Apr 7 2013, 10:19pm
            Well, how about Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Apr 8 2013, 9:31am
    Mr. Lee had better re-read his Tolkien, then. Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Apr 7 2013, 6:12pm
        Zing all over. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 7 2013, 6:20pm
        What is it Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Apr 7 2013, 7:37pm
            Two things - Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Apr 7 2013, 7:47pm
                I think his voice is pitch perfect for it, "when he is in control of it" lol. It has AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 7 2013, 8:45pm
                The acting vexx801 Send a private message to vexx801 Apr 7 2013, 8:47pm
                    You are right IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Apr 7 2013, 10:25pm
                Lee's acting Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Apr 8 2013, 2:20pm
    Funnily enough... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Apr 8 2013, 12:15pm
        God Bless him. You see what I mean? I hope Phillipa reads it OFTEN. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 8 2013, 12:58pm
            Unfortunately... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Apr 8 2013, 2:21pm
                Wow. . . AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 8 2013, 9:40pm
                    I would say that... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Apr 8 2013, 10:00pm
                        That is easing and accurate. . . still, the notion that she has AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 8 2013, 11:04pm
            Yes, he does Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Apr 8 2013, 2:33pm
        Sir Chris is perfect as Saruman Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Apr 8 2013, 3:18pm
            Yup great in the Wicker Man ByThorinsBeard Send a private message to ByThorinsBeard Apr 10 2013, 6:35pm
                ha great point about Hammer Horror Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Apr 10 2013, 9:39pm
                Yes, his death was very sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Apr 10 2013, 9:45pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.