The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
i'm dying for the DOS trailer!!!

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 5 2013, 5:26am

Post #1 of 13 (925 views)
Shortcut
i'm dying for the DOS trailer!!! Can't Post

"Waiting for summer releases does not concern me Peter Jackson....I want that trailer. No excuses."

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

redgiraffe
Rohan

Apr 5 2013, 6:31am

Post #2 of 13 (516 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

You and me both!

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Apr 5 2013, 11:23am

Post #3 of 13 (419 views)
Shortcut
I might avoid the trailers this time round, too much got spoiled last time // [In reply to] Can't Post

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Apr 5 2013, 2:54pm

Post #4 of 13 (381 views)
Shortcut
I'm certified at [In reply to] Can't Post

CPR Wink

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 5 2013, 3:25pm

Post #5 of 13 (339 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't really want to see anything before the film comes out. I'd like to go and see DoS with zero expectations (like I did AUJ), then, hopefully, be knocked for six by it like I was by AUJ.

I hope I can resist the urge to look at spoilers.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 5 2013, 5:06pm

Post #6 of 13 (311 views)
Shortcut
This [In reply to] Can't Post

I am really wanting to see a trailer, but there were so many TV spots/clips for AUJ that i felt like I already knew what was coming when I went to see it (well, of course I read TH, but even the changes I was aware of). Maybe I will watch the teaser trailer and no more.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 5 2013, 5:18pm

Post #7 of 13 (319 views)
Shortcut
I know I keep talking about disengaging, [In reply to] Can't Post

…but it is now very difficult to do. I did see the sneak preview, which didn't actually give away too much. The thing I liked the most about it was Thandruil – and especially his throne. I fixated on the 'living' Irish Elk in AUJ, too – probably more than on Thandruil :) – so I trust Thandruil did not have it killed to make up the throne! Still, deer species shed their antlers, so hopefully that is how shed elk antlers were used…

It does look as though Thandruil will certainly be a strong character.

Beyond all this I don't want to see much more (well, I do, but I shouldn't, for my own good). Smile

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Apr 5 2013, 5:18pm)

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 5 2013, 5:22pm

Post #8 of 13 (311 views)
Shortcut
I watched the sneak peek too [In reply to] Can't Post

and since I knew there would be no sight of Smaug, I was confident I/we wouldn't be spoiled too much! Smile The one thing I REALLY don't want to see or even hear before DOS is Smaug, I think his snippet at the end of AUJ was perfect.I need to create a limit for myself on what I'll allow myself to see and not see.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 5 2013, 5:28pm

Post #9 of 13 (297 views)
Shortcut
That [In reply to] Can't Post

And also Beorn, or really any of the other new characters (Master of Laketown, Bard, etc.) or locations. I also want the continued story to be as fresh and surprising for me as AUJ was.

In Reply To
The one thing I REALLY don't want to see or even hear before DOS is Smaug, I think his snippet at the end of AUJ was perfect.I need to create a limit for myself on what I'll allow myself to see and not see.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 5 2013, 5:32pm

Post #10 of 13 (296 views)
Shortcut
Ooh yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course Beorn! I think the most we maaay see of him is his human form, although there was that wallpaper/poster thing showing Gandalf standing next to bear Beorn. Ah who knows, all I know is December can't come soon enough!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 5 2013, 10:41pm

Post #11 of 13 (255 views)
Shortcut
Beorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Wasn't the wallpaper/poster thing some sort of pic put together by someone in China (I notice there are postcards showing this image being sold on eBay, by Chinese sellers, so probably 'unofficial'). It's a nice image (with Gandalf), and I wouldn't mind if Beorn's bear form looked something like that (would need to be a Brown Bear, though). I wonder how natural looking they can make it – will be very tricky, I would imagine, like all CGI animal images. (I've never seen one done realistically so far.)

Yes, it's a looooong, loooong wait until December. Wink

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Apr 5 2013, 10:44pm)

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2013, 7:24am

Post #12 of 13 (361 views)
Shortcut
Beorn bear-form will be CGI [In reply to] Can't Post

human form Beorn will be the same technique as Gandalf around the dwarves & Bilbo, two different sets, one for the actor who plays Beorn, one set for the dwarves and Bilbo. In the original TH wallpaper on the official website, they showed Beorn bear-form, he's huge, the CGI looked realistic.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 6 2013, 1:48pm

Post #13 of 13 (239 views)
Shortcut
Blasphemy! [In reply to] Can't Post

absolute blasphemy! Haha, tricksy little Chineses!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.