Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Scenes From The Hat

Alassa Eruvande
Valinor

Apr 4 2013, 6:56pm

Post #1 of 24 (756 views)
Shortcut
Scenes From The Hat Can't Post

Greetings and salivations, my dear TORnadoes, and welcome to another edition of Scenes From The Hat. I am your lovely and talented Mistress of the Hat. Today's game is inspired by everyone's favorite sling-supported mini-orc.

What are some of the messages that the goblin scribe has had to scribble?

For those new to the game, the object is to give the most ridiculous, improbable, pun-inducing, groan-inducing, all-of-the-above response to the question. PM me with your fabulous ideas for a future SFTH.

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Elwen
Lorien

Apr 4 2013, 7:08pm

Post #2 of 24 (553 views)
Shortcut
All work and no play makes Scriby a dull orc.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Before kids, exercising with LOTR meant listening to the soundtrack while I ran.

After kids, exercising with LOTR means having an all out dance party with the little ones to the "Break the Dam Release the River" disco mix form the Lego game.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 4 2013, 7:32pm

Post #3 of 24 (529 views)
Shortcut
No one is to look at His Lordship directly in the goiter. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Saurons master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2013, 7:35pm

Post #4 of 24 (529 views)
Shortcut
ToDo: Have someone empty my bag // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 4 2013, 8:03pm

Post #5 of 24 (541 views)
Shortcut
He mainly writes the Goblin King's shopping list: [In reply to] Can't Post

16 Extra Soft Toilet roles to prevent a burning butt
Vitamin supplements for goiter
Floss picks
2 x Hair growth shampoo
1 Back scratcher
24 pack of heartburn & indigestion tablets
Raw meat
A cattle prod to prevent riots
Drool remover
15 body bags (13 Dwarf size, 1 Hobbit size, and 1 Wizard size)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 4 2013, 8:08pm

Post #6 of 24 (523 views)
Shortcut
ha! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Nomad
Forum Admin

Apr 4 2013, 8:15pm

Post #7 of 24 (522 views)
Shortcut
I bet he penned a lovely eulogy// [In reply to] Can't Post

elaen32
Gondor

Apr 4 2013, 9:02pm

Post #8 of 24 (527 views)
Shortcut
Mini goblin [In reply to] Can't Post

"You want me to test this zip wire for the new Middle Earth theme park, your Grotesqueness?"

PS- love that on the link you posted it states that this goblin is an offspring of the GG by a relationship he'd rather forget!!Unsure I'd rather not consider that further LOL!

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 4 2013, 9:26pm

Post #9 of 24 (511 views)
Shortcut
He was often set to work making "Kick Me" signs for the king's prisoners // [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 4 2013, 11:20pm

Post #10 of 24 (510 views)
Shortcut
OrcMart list: Guano dip, Cool Ranch Bat Wings, Valtrex, Proactive (Gallon jug)... [In reply to] Can't Post

What a gross little guy!

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 4 2013, 11:25pm

Post #11 of 24 (502 views)
Shortcut
"Ding dong the Goblin's dead" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 4 2013, 11:28pm

Post #12 of 24 (499 views)
Shortcut
To Do: Send resume to Azog // [In reply to] Can't Post

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2013, 11:39pm

Post #13 of 24 (495 views)
Shortcut
Haha! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2013, 11:51pm

Post #14 of 24 (511 views)
Shortcut
"Dear Diary: I saw the most majestic hair today! I think I am in love!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"But alas, it can never be! The beautiful locks have escaped, and all my dreams with them!!"

Laugh

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 4 2013, 11:52pm

Post #15 of 24 (487 views)
Shortcut
Daily laundry list of one item\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

May the grace of Manw let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manw Slimo

batik
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2013, 11:57pm

Post #16 of 24 (486 views)
Shortcut
Order takeout from Denny's: Bilbo's Berry Smooth.....eeeeeeeee!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 5 2013, 1:52am

Post #17 of 24 (499 views)
Shortcut
"Dear Mom, Remember how you said this job would be just as good as the one Cousin Salacious Crumb got with Jabba the Hutt?" [In reply to] Can't Post

"They had more in common than you thought. Pls convert your new sewing room back into my bedroom. Taking the next zipline home.
Love,
your little
Scribbles."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 5 2013, 9:09am

Post #18 of 24 (465 views)
Shortcut
Scribe takes up sketching and tries to remake himself with feet and legs // [In reply to] Can't Post

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Delrond
Rohan

Apr 5 2013, 12:03pm

Post #19 of 24 (464 views)
Shortcut
You never close your eyes any more when I kiss your lips.// [In reply to] Can't Post

A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Maciliel
Valinor

Apr 5 2013, 12:27pm

Post #20 of 24 (468 views)
Shortcut
"notes for the team" [In reply to] Can't Post

"notes for the entire production team:

scriptwriters: insert a nemesis plotline around azog. give radagast a stick insect and a bunny sled.

fx team: i want more orcs. orcs, orcs, orcs. lots of fast-cutting motion. i want the audience to get physically ill.

everyone : i want any suggestions you have about how to make the dwarves ridiculous. belching, rude behavior, whatever you can come up with.

fran : tell peter he's not getting released from the rotating spit until i get my angry hug scene."

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

(This post was edited by Maciliel on Apr 5 2013, 12:32pm)

sador
Half-elven

Apr 5 2013, 12:46pm

Post #21 of 24 (450 views)
Shortcut
Friday, 15:45 - call the Hat-Mistress! // [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 5 2013, 4:07pm

Post #22 of 24 (442 views)
Shortcut
"Safety bulletin 33 should read: 'Harnesses are *not* optional on bridges and platforms.'" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 5 2013, 4:32pm

Post #23 of 24 (457 views)
Shortcut
"Fifty Shades of Grey" [In reply to] Can't Post

Scribey Goblin is very happy with his new book.
(THAT explains a lot.........!)Crazy

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 9 2013, 3:09am

Post #24 of 24 (418 views)
Shortcut
A secret job application to Gringotts // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Apr 9 2013, 3:17am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.