The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
zaentz confirms peter jackson will direct the hobbit movie

Rogash
Bree

Dec 18 2007, 9:51am

Post #1 of 8 (1149 views)
Shortcut
zaentz confirms peter jackson will direct the hobbit movie Can't Post

Saul Zaentz, the oscar winning producer of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, has stated in a German movie magazine that Peter Jackson will direct The Hobbit movie.
Zaentz has filed a second law suit against New Line Cinema, the first he filed was settled out of court. As with Jacksons case, it claims a breach of contract regards money made from the sales of merchandise and a refusal by New Line to “show the accounts.”
Zaentz holds the movie rights to The Lord Of The Rings trilogy and 2 other movies based on Middle Earth and as already reported, it is expected that The Hobbit will be followed by one other movie, likely to be a story fill in from the end of The Hobbit to the beginning of The Rings trilogy.
Zaentz passed the rights to the movies to Miramax who in turn passed them to New Line. The rights return to Zaentz in 2008 and this week he told the German magazine ‘Cinema’ that “Peter Jackson will be directing The Hobbit movie.”

Penthe
Gondor

Dec 18 2007, 10:08am

Post #2 of 8 (873 views)
Shortcut
Well, poke my eye out with a marshmallow [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm surprised. Hope those of you who have cared so intensely about this have a big celebration.

I quite like cheese, you know.

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 18 2007, 11:44am

Post #3 of 8 (885 views)
Shortcut
Gad holy zooks!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

......Am i on candid camera? ..........Or is this really that oasis in the desert? Tell me more sombody!

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Well! What do you know, it snowed.
Season's greetings with thoughts of Rivendell

a.s.
Valinor

Dec 18 2007, 11:57am

Post #4 of 8 (867 views)
Shortcut
front page Torn...Nov 2006 [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this new news, or just a recycling of the news seen on Torn's home page on Nov 23, 2006? See here.

November 23rd, 2006 by Demosthenes

Saul Zaentz, the owner of Tolkien Enterprises, and ultimate holder of the film rights to The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings was very recently interviewed about the Hobbit and Peter Jackson’s involvement.

The interview has since been posted on German Rings site Elbenwald. You can read the original article here. It’s in German, so below is a translation of his comments. The translation comes from Jurgen at TheHobbit-Movie.com.

Q: What is with the long anticipated Hobbit-adaption?

A: It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson. The question is only when. He wants to shoot another movie first. Next year the Hobbit-rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios: to get his profit share on the rings trilogy he had to sue New Line. With us in contrast he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's new. Just wondering...

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past.
~~~Landrum Bolling

fmaximus
Rivendell

Dec 18 2007, 1:37pm

Post #5 of 8 (823 views)
Shortcut
I remember... [In reply to] Can't Post

Saul Zaents making that statement about a year ago. Since then he's kept his silence in regards to the Hobbit film. I certainly hope it's a more recent statement, because at this point New Line loosing the rights for the Hobbit would make a lot of people happy.
Especially considering New Line has screwed just about everyone involved in the LOTR, including the fans, they don't deserve to make the Hobbit.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 18 2007, 3:36pm

Post #6 of 8 (817 views)
Shortcut
I've been searching all over [In reply to] Can't Post

for an article (Cinema mag and anything else out there), and I haven't found diddly except the info you've discussed. I shall continue my search at lunch ;)

*twitch*

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

tiamy
Rivendell

Dec 18 2007, 4:09pm

Post #7 of 8 (839 views)
Shortcut
Check the official website! [In reply to] Can't Post

it's confirmed...I'm trembling on excitement

http://lordoftherings.net/

Rabittooth
Bree

Dec 19 2007, 3:45pm

Post #8 of 8 (767 views)
Shortcut
Oooh. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
it's confirmed...I'm trembling on excitement

http://lordoftherings.net/

Where on that site is this quote from Zaentz?
This is mighty good news if it's a new quote and it's true.
I'm more excited by this than all the other stuff I've read.
It'd mean a postponement of the films, but it'd be worth it to see PJ direct.

-Rabittooth

www.rabittooth.com

(This post was edited by Rabittooth on Dec 19 2007, 3:45pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.