Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's time for some BS!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2013, 12:54am

Views: 48
Shortcut
It's time for some BS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a Book Spoiler of a strategy debate between Frodo and Faramir... for a moment of Tolkien-zen.

From The Forbidden Pool: The Two Towers

..."'Frodo, I think you do very unwisely in this,' said Faramir. 'I do not think you should go with this creature. It is wicked.'
... 'No, not altogether wicked,' said Frodo.
... 'Not wholly, perhaps... ...but malice eats it like a canker, and the evil is growing. He will lead you to no good. If you will part with him, I will give him safe-conduct... ...to any point on the borders of Gondor that he may name.'
... 'He would not take it,' said Frodo. 'He would follow after me as he long has done. And I have promised many times to take him under my protection and to go where he led. You would not ask me to break faith with him?'
... 'No... ...But my heart would. For it seems less evil to counsel another man to break troth than to do so oneself, especially if one sees a friend bound unwitting to his own harm. But no—if he will go with you, you must now endure him. But I do not think you are holden to go to Cirith Ungol... ...he has told you less than he knows. That much I perceived clearly in his mind. Do not go to Cirith Ungol!'
... 'Where then shall I go... ...Back to the Black Gate and deliver myself up to the guard? What do you know against this place that makes its name so dreadful?'
... 'Nothing certain,' said Faramir. 'We of Gondor do not ever pass east of the Road in these days, and none of us younger men... ...we know only old report and the rumour of bygone days. But there is some dark terror that dwells in the passes above Minas Morgul. If Cirith Ungol is named, old men and masters of lore will blanch and fall silent....
... ...it seemed empty and was not so, for a shapeless fear lived within the ruined walls. Nine Lords there were, and after the return of their Master... ...they grew strong again. Then the Nine Riders issued forth from the gates of horror, and we could not withstand them. Do not approach their citadel. You will be espied. It is a place of sleepless malice, full of lidless eyes. Do not go that way!'
... 'But where else will you direct me?' said Frodo. 'You cannot yourself... ...guide me to the mountains, nor over them. But over the mountains I am bound, by solemn undertaking to the Council, to find a way or perish in the seeking. And if I turn back, refusing the road in its bitter end, where then shall I go among Elves or Men? Would you have me come to Gondor with this Thing... ...that drove your brother mad with desire? What spell would it work in Minas Tirith? Shall there be two cities of Minas Morgul, grinning at each other across a dead land filled with rottenness?'
... 'I would not have it so...'
... '...Then what would you have me do?'
... 'I know not. Only I would not have you go to death or to torment. And I do not think that Mithrandir would have chosen this way.'
... 'Yet since he is gone, I must take such paths as I can find. And there is no time for long searching,' said Frodo."

3rd draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated for DVD release!!!

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Subject User Time
TIME - March 30 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 30 2013, 12:46pm
    It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 1 2013, 12:54am
        It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 1 2013, 3:50pm
            Answers to some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 1 2013, 3:51pm
                It's time for some MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 2 2013, 4:59pm
                    TIME - April 3 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 3 2013, 10:37am
                        It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 4 2013, 10:14am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.