Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit ruling DVD sales (as expected)

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Mar 31 2013, 7:46pm

Post #1 of 16 (687 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit ruling DVD sales (as expected) Can't Post

I see were crushing it on the DVD sales. I absolutely love the Blu-Ray version. Spectacular quality...

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hobbit-dominates-blu-ray-dvd-charts-050000885.html

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 31 2013, 10:17pm

Post #2 of 16 (367 views)
Shortcut
Be cool to see how the UK sales go next week // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 31 2013, 11:43pm

Post #3 of 16 (342 views)
Shortcut
BR disc [In reply to] Can't Post

The BR disc is really really great. Better than even I expected. I just love it.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

tarasaurus
Rohan

Mar 31 2013, 11:57pm

Post #4 of 16 (327 views)
Shortcut
Yesss [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to see 'em dominate the UK charts too! I'm in the US, but still. Smile

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Apr 1 2013, 12:40am

Post #5 of 16 (325 views)
Shortcut
No doubt...by far... [In reply to] Can't Post

the best Blu-ray I've ever owned. The picture quality is amazing....even better than the movie theater...

imin
Valinor

Apr 1 2013, 12:43am

Post #6 of 16 (317 views)
Shortcut
Very interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are the colours/is the colour grading the same as in the cinema or a little different?

Maciliel
Valinor

Apr 1 2013, 12:46am

Post #7 of 16 (316 views)
Shortcut
on my tv, the b-ray is less vividly colored [In reply to] Can't Post

at first that was disappointing, but i got used to it, and it doesn't make a big difference now. 'tho i really loved how vivid some of the colors were on the big screen, in the right theater (kili's arrows, the eagle's feet, the orange of the fire).

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Apr 1 2013, 12:47am

Post #8 of 16 (323 views)
Shortcut
the film on Blu-ray just [In reply to] Can't Post

seems more refined and polished compared to all the different movie formats. I saw the movie in all formats a total of 17 times. The home experience in Blu-Ray on a 60 inch LED was by far the most pleasing.

Maciliel
Valinor

Apr 1 2013, 12:54am

Post #9 of 16 (313 views)
Shortcut
and what are... [In reply to] Can't Post

and what are this week's show times at your house? also, is there a concession stand? i think you should be prepared for an unexpected party.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2013, 2:29am

Post #10 of 16 (294 views)
Shortcut
We just finished! [In reply to] Can't Post

We had Easter dinner then followed with AUJ while relaxing on the sofa. Loved it!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2013, 3:22am

Post #11 of 16 (281 views)
Shortcut
I only saw AUJ in 2D in the theaters, [In reply to] Can't Post

and the blu-ray looks better to me. The color and resolution seem about the same from what i remember, but the big difference is the judder when the camera moves around a lot. I especially notice it in the prologue. I've always noticed the judder ever since college, where i studied film, but i probably paid more attention to it when i saw AUJ because of the whole 48fps "controversy" (even though i was seeing it in 24fps). So when i put the blu-ray in the first time i was surprised that the judder was much less noticable. When i asked about this on a thread here a week or so ago, i got a few responses that had noticed this too.

So yeah, i'm really enjoying the blu-ray-- it's probably the best one i've seen.

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Apr 1 2013, 4:19am

Post #12 of 16 (257 views)
Shortcut
Your all welcomed..... [In reply to] Can't Post

in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area. Wings included....Cool

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Apr 1 2013, 5:36am

Post #13 of 16 (257 views)
Shortcut
Holy 60 inch LED Batman! [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't even tell you the miniscule size of my screen! You'd laugh! Okay, I'm working on my apparating skills now. Be prepared to have your pantry raided. Wink

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Apr 1 2013, 1:14pm

Post #14 of 16 (223 views)
Shortcut
I know........I have a father [In reply to] Can't Post

who's addiction is televisions....Tongue I had to buy one to feel worthy of being his son..LOL!!!

He currently has a 60" led, (2) 65" led, a 70" led, and just recently an 80" led. Not to mention a 58" plasma, 46" led, and (3) 42" lcds. This is all in one house too!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 2 2013, 10:25am

Post #15 of 16 (168 views)
Shortcut
Good Lord [In reply to] Can't Post

Your father must have an enormous house! I have quite a good TV (Sony) but it is not enormous. I like to keep it hidden away behind closed doors when I'm not using it – I don't like the look of electronic equipment because it doesn't suit my decor.

Still haven't received the BR (I'm in the UK), but am looking forward to it…

MasterOrc
Rivendell

Apr 2 2013, 1:39pm

Post #16 of 16 (157 views)
Shortcut
Yes......it's quite large [In reply to] Can't Post

with lots of vaulted ceilings, guest rooms, etc.... Just saw the 90" Sharp Aquios yesterday while at BestBuy and thought to myself I know what's coming when dad comes back from his winter home down in Gods waiting room.....I mean Florida...Angelic

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.