Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Observations about Azog and what is to come

nhui06
Rivendell

Mar 30 2013, 3:33am

Views: 791
Shortcut
Observations about Azog and what is to come Can't Post

Just finished watching AUJ for the 3rd time, and here are some of my thoughts:

- Thorin mentioned twice that he thought Azog had died. Now Thorin may be stubborn but he is no idiot. It may have very well been that Azog had died, or was critically wounded, but the Necromencer may have healed him. Given the Goblin King laughed at Throin to think that Azog was destroyed. Azog was given a re-design by PJ for a reason, and he is not just a Lurtz. I feel pretty confident that Azog is actually an agent of the Necromencer now. Look at the last shot of him as the eagles carried away the Dwarves. He had a 'Uh-oh' face, not an angry one. Azog also has someone bigger to report to.

- So aside from revenge, why else does Azog need to stop the Dwarves? A hint was dropped when Gandalf asked Throin twice who did Thorin tell about his quest? Throin said no one. Now let us look at the clip from the preview of DOS. If you catch the end, you see the mad dwarf fighting Gandalf in Dol Guldur scene from the first trailer, which may mean they are keeping that scene. Let us assume that is Thrain. Bolg had tortured that information out of Thrain, and is probably now a crazy slave for the Necromencer. Somewhere in the beginning, we will see a scene between Gandalf and Thrain, where Thrain gives Gandalf the key and map and tells him to find Thorin (probably in Moria). Hence, Thrain probably gave this information away during the torture. Like Gandalf predicted, the Necromencer probably wants Smaug for his own, so he does not want Thorin to plot against the dragon.

What do you guys think?

Subject User Time
Observations about Azog and what is to come nhui06 Send a private message to nhui06 Mar 30 2013, 3:33am
    I quite like this idea. GiantMushroomBear Send a private message to GiantMushroomBear Mar 30 2013, 3:45am
    I agree about Azog, but... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Mar 30 2013, 3:51am
        Azog. . . badly wounded, dragged off to The Balrog it would seem (Moria gate, Unholy fire) AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 5:37am
        Rights to materials nhui06 Send a private message to nhui06 Mar 30 2013, 2:10pm
            Not nearly as much as one might think. The OVERWHELMING majority of AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 9:44pm
                AO, I'm curious... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Mar 30 2013, 9:54pm
                    I wish I knew. I would suspect Azog and Bolg to be under the influence if not AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 10:00pm
                        Thanks! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Mar 30 2013, 10:10pm
                            Leaving Azog alive changed the entire purpose of that war. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 10:31pm
                                Tolkien scholars during the writing process cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Mar 30 2013, 10:36pm
            well... Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Mar 31 2013, 12:05am
        Zombie Azog Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Mar 30 2013, 7:22pm
    I agree with you but... Durin's Folk Send a private message to Durin's Folk Mar 30 2013, 2:00pm
    I agree with you but... Durin's Folk Send a private message to Durin's Folk Mar 30 2013, 2:00pm
        Good points nhui06 Send a private message to nhui06 Mar 30 2013, 2:21pm
            I don't know why everyone is so delicate about orcs having children. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 9:50pm
                I blame the Isengard "mud pit" scenes from the original trilogy Lio Send a private message to Lio Mar 30 2013, 10:04pm
                    THANK YOU!!! And the fans who are into the AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 10:14pm
                        Now you've done it! Lio Send a private message to Lio Mar 30 2013, 11:14pm
                            LOVE the First two. Just LOVE THEM! AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 31 2013, 5:28am
                                I don't mind them so much myself Lio Send a private message to Lio Apr 1 2013, 2:36am
                                    Exactly and utterly this sentiment. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Apr 1 2013, 4:52am
            I think it's likely that there's an Azog/Necromancer connection Lio Send a private message to Lio Mar 30 2013, 10:29pm
                Swore to wipe out the line of Durin. . . but to whom? Durin's Bane? Sauron? AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 10:37pm
                    Hm, haven't thought of that Lio Send a private message to Lio Mar 30 2013, 11:33pm
                        That is certainly a possibility. The whole ire against Durin and his heirs AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 31 2013, 5:34am
                            Stuff like this really makes me wish... Lio Send a private message to Lio Apr 1 2013, 2:44am
    Thrain / Dol-Guldur MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Mar 30 2013, 3:53pm
        He wasn't shocked. It didn't come across as shock, more as AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 30 2013, 9:52pm
    I just don't know... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Mar 30 2013, 8:07pm
        Possibility IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Mar 30 2013, 9:15pm
            Bolg.... MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Mar 30 2013, 9:19pm
    It would be interesting to see the relationship - Hanzkaz Mar 31 2013, 8:35am
        THAT would be an interesting turn of events tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Mar 31 2013, 3:03pm
            I guess The Hobbit is all about fathers and sons. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 31 2013, 3:14pm
                oh no... tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Mar 31 2013, 3:18pm
                    And don't forget Dominic Monaghan! sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 31 2013, 3:23pm
                    Spoiler Alert. . . Bolg is Tauriel/Lily's long lost half brother, AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Mar 31 2013, 3:33pm
            Ideally, Hanzkaz Mar 31 2013, 9:16pm
                True, true Elródien Send a private message to Elródien Mar 31 2013, 9:28pm
                    nvm tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Mar 31 2013, 10:18pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.