Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Warner Germany confirms AUJ:SEE!

TheHutt
Gondor

Mar 28 2013, 10:21am

Post #1 of 7 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Warner Germany confirms AUJ:SEE! Can't Post

We all knew it of course, but as far as I know, so far there was no official statement about the extended version of The Hobbit.

Now the German subsidiary of Warner Bros. has issued a press-release. While the release mostly had the upcoming Theatrical edition DVD/BluRay as the main topic, it also announced an extended version. Without going into too much details, Warner announced the "extended cut" of TH:AUJ which will be released "in time for Christmas 2013".

Proof links:
AreaDVD
Schnittberichte
BluRay-Disc

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 28 2013, 10:27am

Post #2 of 7 (413 views)
Shortcut
That's excellent news! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope "Christmas 2013" is before The Desolation of Smaug is released, though.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 28 2013, 10:49am

Post #3 of 7 (423 views)
Shortcut
It will be (in time for Christmas means anywhere between October to Christmas eve!) [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like it will be the November-ish time, just like the LOTR extended editions.

That gives them plenty of time to make lots of features, behind the scene videos etc. Cool

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 28 2013, 10:55am)

tarasaurus
Rohan

Mar 28 2013, 2:18pm

Post #4 of 7 (315 views)
Shortcut
yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully the US will follow the lead, can't wait to see extra things. I want appendices so bad!!

sycorax82
Rohan

Mar 29 2013, 12:56am

Post #5 of 7 (151 views)
Shortcut
Great! Though sadly no High Fells, which I was looking forward to... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm guessing it's not gonna be much more than 10 minutes longer (the scenes we know of would fit into that time). What I do hope is that other tweaks are made, e.g. to the score, the pacing of some scenes and maybe even Azog's CGI in places, but I'm not holding my breath on that...(just hope he's better in DoS)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2013, 2:32am

Post #6 of 7 (139 views)
Shortcut
I believe that both Boyens and Jackson have confirmed [In reply to] Can't Post

that the EE will be 20-25 minutes longer than the theatrical cut. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for even more...

Owain
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2013, 2:33am

Post #7 of 7 (151 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson confirmed it when he screened The Hobbit:AUJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

for Harry Knowles.

He said it would definitely be happening and in time for the holidays.

That was back in December of 2012 and I'm not sure it can get any more official than that.

But this validating news nonetheless.

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.