Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The High Fells scene was shown in HFR I think.

Spaldron
Rivendell

Mar 25 2013, 11:29pm

Views: 1110
Shortcut
The High Fells scene was shown in HFR I think. Can't Post

I just noticed while re-watching the sneak peek from the other night that the High Fells scene was a lot smoother than 24fps. It seems they broadcast it in a sort of HFR although not fully as most bandwidths probably couldn't take it.

Anyone else notice this?

Also at one point there was a shot of Bard on a hilltop firing his arrows into the air saying cool lines as he did it. Do you think this was him shooting at Smaug? I'm just trying to think of in what other circumstance would he be shooting arrows into the air?

Finally and I may have missed this but wasn't Stephen Fry originally cast as Alfrid the servant and not the Master of Laketown himself? Did some re-casting happen or am I wrong on this?

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."

Subject User Time
The High Fells scene was shown in HFR I think. Spaldron Send a private message to Spaldron Mar 25 2013, 11:29pm
    Didn't hear what Bard was saying... Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Mar 26 2013, 12:14am
        Bard is saying namarie Send a private message to namarie Mar 26 2013, 12:48pm
    Sorry for deviating from the topic but, Alerik Send a private message to Alerik Mar 26 2013, 1:12am
        High Fells LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Mar 26 2013, 2:53am
            ah ok. Thank you! NT Alerik Send a private message to Alerik Mar 26 2013, 3:48am
            In the filmverse only, it has to be said // dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Mar 26 2013, 12:53pm
            but not in the book Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 26 2013, 3:20pm
                Its Kiwi canon!! Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Mar 26 2013, 3:22pm
                someone should probably define that... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Mar 26 2013, 5:13pm
                Of course not in the book LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Mar 26 2013, 5:14pm
                No problem, Alerik Send a private message to Alerik Mar 26 2013, 7:06pm
                    Do you think NoelGallagher Send a private message to NoelGallagher Mar 26 2013, 7:13pm
                        I expect there is much more to the scene DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 26 2013, 10:22pm
                It really annoys me... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Mar 27 2013, 7:52am
            Question about the High Fells Ithilisa Send a private message to Ithilisa Mar 27 2013, 3:57am
                ..... kbdiggity Send a private message to kbdiggity Mar 27 2013, 4:22am
                    ha ha Gandalf on a bunny sled Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Mar 27 2013, 1:15pm
                    High Fells source Ithilisa Send a private message to Ithilisa Mar 28 2013, 12:10am
    Stephen Fry and Ryan Gage Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Mar 26 2013, 3:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.