Update regarding TORn's Home Page coverage
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 25 2013, 2:40am

Post #1 of 39 (1313 views)
Shortcut
Update regarding TORn's Home Page coverage Can't Post

Bummer, but we've just been informed by WB that we can't post any screen caps with any commentary or analysis we post. Frown We were going to be selective and use as much constraint as we possibly could with regard to how many we posted, but we now can't post any - at least for the time being.

We *will*, however, continue to post VERY detailed commentary on the Home Page and, for those of you who weren't able to see it, I recommend reading through the Running Commentary story currently on the Home Page, and to keep your eyes open for more.

Apologies if we got anyone's hopes up - we got our own hopes up too, lol. Rest assured we continue to be dedicated to bringing all of you the very best Tolkien/LOTR/Hobbit content we can. So do stay tuned in the hours and days to come.

p.s. Please don't let this become a 'bash WB' thread. It's meant to be more of a public service announcement to anyone waiting for screen caps. Thanks!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ardamírë
Valinor

Mar 25 2013, 2:44am

Post #2 of 39 (629 views)
Shortcut
Well, bummer [In reply to] Can't Post

I was one of those waiting for screen caps. The detailed report better be extra detailed to make up for it Laugh

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manwë; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 2:49am

Post #3 of 39 (607 views)
Shortcut
Sad... [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 25 2013, 2:53am

Post #4 of 39 (618 views)
Shortcut
Aw, that's unfortunate. (post mostly unrelated) [In reply to] Can't Post

I was at a store a couple hours ago that had a rack bursting with Blu-rays sporting the sneak peek label... I wonder if they'll be deeply discounted now?

More to the question, I wonder if they are trying to keep a lid on this because they're planning to offer special access to the sneak peek when the BRs make it to markets outside North America?

Fàfnir
Rohan

Mar 25 2013, 3:00am

Post #5 of 39 (587 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the update, and for the exellent job you do ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm kind of disapointed, but maybe the modified version that will be archived will be a bit more accessible. Anyway thanks for keeping us aware, and for the great work you do every day to inform us of every news !

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 25 2013, 3:04am

Post #6 of 39 (604 views)
Shortcut
Understood [In reply to] Can't Post

A lot of what was shown was unfinished so...

Thanks for the update.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

Metal Slug
Rivendell

Mar 25 2013, 3:09am

Post #7 of 39 (606 views)
Shortcut
Funny [In reply to] Can't Post

Well that's jovial, there was hardly anything in that hour long bore worth sharing anyways. Master of Laketown, and a few glimpses of minor characters. A scene with Gandalf and Radagast that merely makes one scrath his noggin...

I really wish this had been one film without Peter Jiggson unleashed.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 3:09am

Post #8 of 39 (586 views)
Shortcut
Well, the sneak peak will still be available with the code [In reply to] Can't Post

starting in a couple of days, for a month or so. Edited, but still available.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 25 2013, 3:12am

Post #9 of 39 (611 views)
Shortcut
Unfinished? Aha! UUT follows: [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps they did it this way because they figured only real fans would have the disk and tune in, thereby avoiding a repeat of the first HFR sneak peek?

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 25 2013, 3:13am

Post #10 of 39 (567 views)
Shortcut
Oh, so... [In reply to] Can't Post

It would still be worth it to grab one of the vids with the code label? Makes sense.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2013, 3:14am

Post #11 of 39 (586 views)
Shortcut
About that edited version... [In reply to] Can't Post

Will be available to only those with the code? I had assumed it would be viewable to the general public.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 3:19am

Post #12 of 39 (582 views)
Shortcut
Well, i'd just assumed that if you only get 3 uses of the code, [In reply to] Can't Post

that the preview would still be limited to those with the code. If they were going to open it to the general public, why have the 3 uses restriction? I could be wrong, though.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 3:33am

Post #13 of 39 (583 views)
Shortcut
The site says: [In reply to] Can't Post

"You will need your access code to view the content so KEEP IT SAFE!"

Thus, required. Does seem patently unfair that it's going to be so hard for Kiwis to see this.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2013, 3:43am

Post #14 of 39 (516 views)
Shortcut
Well, crud. / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 4:26am

Post #15 of 39 (511 views)
Shortcut
Booo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh well. It was nice anyway of WB and Jackson to do this and I for one am super excited. So sorry about the screen caps etc. but it's all good.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

(This post was edited by Altaira on Mar 25 2013, 5:13am)

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 25 2013, 4:45am

Post #16 of 39 (505 views)
Shortcut
Ataahua, [In reply to] Can't Post

did I miss something? Did you not get to see this?Frown

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 25 2013, 5:16am

Post #17 of 39 (502 views)
Shortcut
I've heard two versions of the story [In reply to] Can't Post

One, that the video that was presented today will be available almost in it's entirety for code owners, but only for two more views after their first one (if it was today), otherwise, three views in total.

I've also heard that a modified version will be up on the official Hobbit blog at some point.

I get the impression both are true, just not sure of the timing of door #2.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2013, 5:56am

Post #18 of 39 (473 views)
Shortcut
Correct. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah well, if WB doesn't provide it publicly I'll just go to the theatre less spoiled than many around here! (There's usually a bright side somewhere.)

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2013, 5:59am

Post #19 of 39 (465 views)
Shortcut
I hope it does work out that way... [In reply to] Can't Post

>>>I've also heard that a modified version will be up on the official Hobbit blog at some point.

...however if it doesn't, c'est la vie.

Ataahua's stories

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 25 2013, 8:06am

Post #20 of 39 (454 views)
Shortcut
*Points at TORn's facebook page* [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a screencap up on facebook. Tongue Angelic

Thanks for the update Altaira. I hope all the admins got to enjoy the preview in between deleting threads and posts.

Thanks for everything.

Smile

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 9:25am

Post #21 of 39 (388 views)
Shortcut
I'm so sorry!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it was fantastic for PJ to do this, but I also think it's really unfair that it's so hard for Kiwi fans to see it. Ironic!

You might be able to get the code by ordering the DVD from the Warehouse? Wish I could help more. Unsure

lurtz2010
Rohan

Mar 25 2013, 9:29am

Post #22 of 39 (380 views)
Shortcut
google it? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have the dvd but I just watched it on another site, it was good quality too. I bet alot of people from nz did that lol what can WB do?

(This post was edited by lurtz2010 on Mar 25 2013, 9:30am)

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 25 2013, 9:31am

Post #23 of 39 (373 views)
Shortcut
Always look on the bright side of life, eh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nah. Crud, indeed.
But I predict they'll do a version for everybody without all the celebrity videos, just the new sets and action, and call it DOS Blog #1. We can hope. Unsure

Maciliel
Valinor

Mar 25 2013, 12:15pm

Post #24 of 39 (341 views)
Shortcut
can someone provide clarification on the 3x use thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

One, that the video that was presented today will be available almost in it's entirety for code owners, but only for two more views after their first one (if it was today), otherwise, three views in total.

I've also heard that a modified version will be up on the official Hobbit blog at some point.

I get the impression both are true, just not sure of the timing of door #2.

1. i entered the code, saw the beginnings
2. internet connection failed; had to reboot laptop
3. just went straight to link -- did not enter code the second time

.... so, do i still have 2 uses left on my code, or 1?

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Elenorflower
Gondor

Mar 25 2013, 3:23pm

Post #25 of 39 (303 views)
Shortcut
you didnt miss anything [In reply to] Can't Post

there was not much new stuff. and it was ALL greenscreen. You just saw a bit more of Legolas and Thranduil who strangely was the same height as Thorin. Shocked yes the same height!
there was a bit of Tauriel, but it was all mainly and oppressively greenscreen everything.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.