Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Was I misinformed by Amazon UK?

Chopsta123
Gondor

Mar 24 2013, 11:09pm

Post #1 of 12 (656 views)
Shortcut
Was I misinformed by Amazon UK? Can't Post

A few days ago I preordered the TH DVD+UV version but never received the code.
Today I contacted Amazon UK and they told me that the code was only attached to the Blu Ray and and the Steelbook version.

Then I browsed on Youtube and saw this video where Armitage and Nesbitt meintion the code being along the DVD and Blu Ray.

So in Thorin's words... what in Durin's name is going on??

Joe20
Lorien

Mar 24 2013, 11:12pm

Post #2 of 12 (269 views)
Shortcut
I got mine in an email [In reply to] Can't Post

only seconds after my purchase. Not sure why u didn't get the same. That sucks.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 24 2013, 11:34pm

Post #3 of 12 (215 views)
Shortcut
The code was only with the Blu-ray DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

I have ordered both the standard DVD and the Blue-ray version, and only got a code with the latter. Amazon emailed it to me on the same day that I ordered the Blue-ray DVD.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 24 2013, 11:40pm

Post #4 of 12 (199 views)
Shortcut
How many versions are there, anyway? [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought mine in-store, the only 2 choices were BluRay and a 2-disc Special Edition (which included Ultraviolet and had a sticker advertising the sneak peak); I purchased the second. Did your DVD have 1 disc or 2?

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 24 2013, 11:47pm

Post #5 of 12 (189 views)
Shortcut
Ah, I think you may be thinking about the US editions [In reply to] Can't Post

I was talking about the UK editions. There is no Special Edition of the standard DVD for the UK, just a single-disk standard DVD, plus the Blu-ray edition.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 24 2013, 11:48pm

Post #6 of 12 (190 views)
Shortcut
Oops, sorry! [In reply to] Can't Post

Still a good question though--how many different editions around the world?! Smile

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

LittleH

Mar 24 2013, 11:55pm

Post #7 of 12 (206 views)
Shortcut
That video was posted on The Hobbit FB... [In reply to] Can't Post

So, i'm assuming it was for the US.

The Hobbit UK FB https://www.facebook.com/TheHobbitUK have posted on their wall how you can get access to a sneak peek.

Also, there was a message on Amazon UK The Hobbit DVD and Blu-rays pages, saying if you pre-order The Hobbit AUJ on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D or Blu-ray steelbook from Amazon.co.uk and they will send you a code. http://www.amazon.co.uk/...p;pf_rd_i=B005EEUHW8

mefansmum
Rivendell

Mar 24 2013, 11:56pm

Post #8 of 12 (185 views)
Shortcut
I bought the US special edition dvd and got no code [In reply to] Can't Post

I was not bothered enough to follow up whether I had misunderstood all the info I had read but I would like to know whether I was supposed to get it if anyone else with the dvd did get it.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 25 2013, 12:00am

Post #9 of 12 (169 views)
Shortcut
Was the sneak peek or Ultraviolet advertised on the box? [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine has stickers for both on the outer box, and the code for both (UV and Sneak Peek) was the same. I didn't really care at that point though, I was just too excited to finally get the movie on DVD!

I also got a free 2-liter bottle of a Pepsi product, but all they had was Diet Pepsi (yuk).

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2013, 12:01am

Post #10 of 12 (174 views)
Shortcut
I got it with the DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

but not in an e-mail. The UK folks got the code in an e-mail because their copy is not shipping until after today. In the US, since the DVD or Blu-Ray shipped before the event, the code was in our DVD box.

mefansmum
Rivendell

Mar 25 2013, 12:22am

Post #11 of 12 (153 views)
Shortcut
I am not in the US [In reply to] Can't Post

and my dvd has not turned up yet so I can't say what is actually on it..

I bought the only dvd package that was on Amazon US as far as I can see and it was called the 'special edition' and includes the UV thingy.

Maybe, I was not given the code because I am not in the US.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2013, 12:52am

Post #12 of 12 (161 views)
Shortcut
Amazon US did not e-mail the codes [In reply to] Can't Post

The code will be inside your box when it arrives. You can use the code to view the archive, which will be available for a couple weeks, I think.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.