Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Most likely new scenes for the EE ?

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Mar 23 2013, 9:52pm

Post #1 of 18 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Most likely new scenes for the EE ? Can't Post

Which scenes that havent made the cut into the movie will be most likely on the EE ?! I read somewhere that the EE will be about 20-25 min longer, so there should be a few new or extended scenes then.

Thanks for your help :)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 23 2013, 9:59pm

Post #2 of 18 (834 views)
Shortcut
Carne made this list a couple of months back [In reply to] Can't Post

Link

He captured everything that I can think of.

Smile

GloryBox
Bree

Mar 23 2013, 11:44pm

Post #3 of 18 (516 views)
Shortcut
Great list -- thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope we see all this.

...one morning long ago in the quiet of the world, when there was less noise and more green... The Hobbit

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Mar 24 2013, 12:51am

Post #4 of 18 (519 views)
Shortcut
You think... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Link

He captured everything that I can think of.

Smile

... Gandalf's encounter with Thrain might also be added, or do you think that's something that's deemed too important to leave out of the theatrical cuts and thus will be put in either TDOS or TABA? (Granted, Saruman's death was left out of the theatrical cut of TROTK Unimpressed.)

(This post was edited by BalrogTrainer on Mar 24 2013, 12:55am)

ElendilTheShort
Gondor

Mar 24 2013, 9:42am

Post #5 of 18 (394 views)
Shortcut
These EE's are going to be totally different in nature to the LOTR EE's [In reply to] Can't Post

There is nothing left to add from The Hobbit book whereas with LOTR thete was lots left to add from the book. These EE's will just be more film invention and although there may be some nice filmverse tie ins such as Bilbo and the Shards of Narsil, it hardly compares to getting more of a beloved book shown on film.

The only thing not in the film from the books is the Eyrie and this can't be added otherwise there would be a continuity error with unconcious Thorin.

(This post was edited by ElendilTheShort on Mar 24 2013, 9:44am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 24 2013, 9:45am

Post #6 of 18 (350 views)
Shortcut
*Ahem* [In reply to] Can't Post

The only thing not in the film from the books is the Eyrie and this can't be added otherwise there would be a continuity error with unconcious Thorin.

And the talking purse. Tongue

*Takes cover*

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 24 2013, 9:54am

Post #7 of 18 (310 views)
Shortcut
I really don't know how it's going to work out [In reply to] Can't Post

It could easily be an EE scene, but it could also be the prologue to DOS (or flashback).

Since the majority of the Dol Guldur plot will be in DOS, it might make sense for the Thrain/Gandalf scene to be the prologue and/or a flashback.

ElendilTheShort
Gondor

Mar 24 2013, 10:24am

Post #8 of 18 (325 views)
Shortcut
(deeply bows) my apologies for forgetting about the esteemed talking purse [In reply to] Can't Post

although as per Eyrie it could not now be introduced without other changes to that scene. Perhaps the troll's handkercief could be made to talk, imagine the stories it could tell.

LittleH

Mar 24 2013, 10:33am

Post #9 of 18 (330 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo and the ring [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it will include a scene of Bilbo figuring out how Gollum couldn't see him (after the ring slipped on to one of his fingers) in the mountain.

AshNazg
Rohan

Mar 24 2013, 10:39am

Post #10 of 18 (407 views)
Shortcut
Fili and Thorin hiding behind the rock is more interesting that it looks [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking at one of the many promo videos, it appears this shot is actually a moment between Fili and Thorin. Where Thorin explains that Fili and Kili are his only heirs to the throne and that he doesn't want to risk their lives.

http://youtu.be/3mXyGPhSMyw

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Mar 24 2013, 10:44am)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 24 2013, 12:06pm

Post #11 of 18 (279 views)
Shortcut
But there is such a scene, [In reply to] Can't Post

after Bilbo "puts on" the ring, Gollum passes by him clearly looking for him but not seeing him, and you can tell from Bilbo's expression that he puts 2 and 2 together. It's done pretty subtly though, and i actually missed it the first time i saw it.

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 24 2013, 2:06pm

Post #12 of 18 (219 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I would rather NOT imagine the stories the trool's handkerchief could tell! Wink

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Mar 24 2013, 2:06pm

Post #13 of 18 (220 views)
Shortcut
do you think [In reply to] Can't Post

the tombs sequence could work as a flashback (during the next WC meeting) or in the EE ?! Because i really search for the reason why it has been cutted out sooo late...any guesses ?!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 24 2013, 2:43pm

Post #14 of 18 (203 views)
Shortcut
It was indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to see it about 3 times before I noticed it. It's very subtle but it's there. I liked that it was done that way.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

LittleH

Mar 24 2013, 3:40pm

Post #15 of 18 (179 views)
Shortcut
Sorry. I think I might have worded what i'm trying to write, wrong... [In reply to] Can't Post

What I meant was how Bilbo figured out it was the ring that made him invisible. I only remembered Bilbo staring at Gollum when he jumped in front of him and looks around.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 24 2013, 4:26pm

Post #16 of 18 (158 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that's what i was talking about. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo tries to get away and hide, Gollum wanders by him, obviously not seeing him, and you can tell by the change in Bilbo's expression that he realizes that Gollum can't see him.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 24 2013, 5:46pm

Post #17 of 18 (136 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

Freeman's face is very very subtle in that scene. You really have to watch it. He kind of follows Gollum with his eyes and you can tell he realizes he can't be seen.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

LittleH

Mar 24 2013, 8:40pm

Post #18 of 18 (112 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I notice that too [In reply to] Can't Post

But, when Gandalf asked the company “where is Bilbo?”, and Thorin goes on about how Bilbo thinks about his home, etc, etc… then Bilbo appear (visible). So how does Bilbo know it was the ring that made him invisible when the ring is on?

In the book, Bilbo figures out the ring had magic when he overheard or watched Gollum talking to himself.

Argh... Never mind, ignore all my comments, I’m writing non-sense. lol

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.