Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
No

demnation
Rohan

Mar 23 2013, 10:11am

Views: 150
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

But the absorption of books, movies and stories in general are a rather low priority for me (though I enjoy them just the same!), so maybe I just have not noticed.

As for Tolkien and originality, I think he regularly subverts (unconsciously perhaps)many aspects of the hero's journey. Even if I thought he didn't, I probably wouldn't care anyway. All IMHO, of courseSmile

Use Well the Days

Subject User Time
So are you tired of the same Books, Movies & Stories yet? tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Mar 22 2013, 8:23am
    If I'm understanding your post correctly... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 22 2013, 1:27pm
    If I really like something, I can re-read/ re-play it over and over, so no. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 22 2013, 1:45pm
        Explanation of writing style... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 22 2013, 3:50pm
            Good explanation // Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 22 2013, 7:56pm
    funny you should say that Annael Send a private message to Annael Mar 22 2013, 2:53pm
        This is really interesting Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Mar 22 2013, 5:57pm
        *mods up* Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 24 2013, 5:00am
            What do you think of the Oz-as-political-fable theory? CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Mar 28 2013, 4:13am
                I'm very skeptical. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 28 2013, 4:45am
    Not really Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Mar 22 2013, 4:04pm
    There is Only One Story IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Mar 22 2013, 7:45pm
    You assume I only read one kind of book sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Mar 23 2013, 12:23am
    The cheesy Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Mar 23 2013, 4:22am
    No demnation Send a private message to demnation Mar 23 2013, 10:11am
    Tolkien unoriginal? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 24 2013, 12:13am
        dissapointing to read the reply's tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Mar 28 2013, 3:49am
            of course you are Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 28 2013, 3:54am
                stop assuming tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Apr 3 2013, 7:02am
            You make too many assumptions Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 28 2013, 7:01am
                suggested reading for providing some context: post history // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 28 2013, 1:47pm
                    I know, Maggie... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 28 2013, 2:12pm
                again you miss my point tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Apr 3 2013, 7:15am
                    I haven't missed your point -- I reject it utterly Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 3 2013, 2:18pm
            Just a question out of curiosity. BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Mar 28 2013, 10:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.