Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Do you hope for Beorn in the sneek peak on Sunday?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DuBekar
Rivendell

Mar 22 2013, 8:20pm

Post #1 of 41 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Do you hope for Beorn in the sneek peak on Sunday? Can't Post

i really hope too see some Beorn this Sunday, at least hear his voice or something :) How do you think the glimpses will be? A trailer och they show us like a minute long video directly from the film? Smile

"Good morning!" he said at last. "We don't want any adventures here, thank you! You might try over The Hill or across The Water." By this he meant that the conversation was at an end.
"What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!" said Gandalf. "Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off.
― J.R.R. Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 22 2013, 8:58pm

Post #2 of 41 (671 views)
Shortcut
Why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope so. A nice shot of the Master, Bard and Beorn would be great. Not in his bear form though. We should only see that in the finished film.

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 9:07pm

Post #3 of 41 (700 views)
Shortcut
Bard, Legolas, & Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are my wishes. I won't be seeing the full sneak peak, but I do hope these three are shown in whatever the edited preview is.

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2013, 9:09pm

Post #4 of 41 (656 views)
Shortcut
Beorn, Bard, Tauriel. [In reply to] Can't Post

No Smaug, please!

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 9:17pm

Post #5 of 41 (629 views)
Shortcut
Definitely no Smaug! [In reply to] Can't Post

But then, I don't think they're foolish enough to do that.

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Verbal_Daggers
The Shire

Mar 22 2013, 9:45pm

Post #6 of 41 (615 views)
Shortcut
Definitely Beorn! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the utmost faith in Peter and his team but I am a bit worried about the Beorn part - I don't really know why but I am kinda expecting this to be the weakest part of the movie (but probably only because while reading the Hobbit I had immediately lots of ideas of how one could depict all the other stuff nicely in the movie but not really for the Beorn part ^^) We'll see ;)

I'm also hoping for a glimpse of the Master of Laketown ;)

I agree with you all that they shoulnd't give away too much about Smaug ;)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Mar 22 2013, 10:22pm

Post #7 of 41 (573 views)
Shortcut
Beorn.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think/hope they have made Beorn magnificent, it is actually Mikael Persbrandt playing him, fit for the role :) But i also hope for a glimpse of Master of Laketown :D

It would be a cool trailer if it had Smaugs voice in the background only, but maybe that is to revealing :) I would love to see the tree scene when Bilbo climbs up to see over the tops.

Maybe Bolg shots?

Should not get my hopes up too high :D

"Good morning!" he said at last. "We don't want any adventures here, thank you! You might try over The Hill or across The Water." By this he meant that the conversation was at an end.
"What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!" said Gandalf. "Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off.
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Kimtc
Rohan

Mar 22 2013, 10:34pm

Post #8 of 41 (572 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Beorn, and Bard, and Thranduil in action somehow. [In reply to] Can't Post

I could live without Tauriel, although I bet she will show up more than the ones I mentioned above.

There will probably be lots of barrel scenes...

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 11:05pm

Post #9 of 41 (577 views)
Shortcut
I expect Tauriel because... [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect her to be "lead" female of this film and film 3. I mean, look at how much Galadriel featured in the previews for AUJ and she was only in one sequence of the film.

I think that Tauriel will be in a lot more of the next two films, and the promotion will reflect this.

Kimtc
Rohan

Mar 22 2013, 11:09pm

Post #10 of 41 (530 views)
Shortcut
Right you are. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I do appreciate having female characters, being female myself. But I'm not for putting them in for the purpose of creating "girl power." One of my favorite films is "Lawrence of Arabia," and there are no female characters at all. But it does create wider opportunities for licensed merchandise.

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 11:15pm

Post #11 of 41 (533 views)
Shortcut
I know what you mean. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want girl power just for the sake of it. It needs to serve the story first. A good story will draw all kinds of audiences, I think.

I think, though, that I am going to like Tauriel. I like Evangeline Lilly, and I'm optimistic about her role. From what I've heard, it sounds like she'll be the captain of the guard, so I see plenty of opportunities for her to be worked into the story without being forced.

Joe20
Lorien

Mar 22 2013, 11:20pm

Post #12 of 41 (601 views)
Shortcut
Yup. Beorn but not *spoilers* [In reply to] Can't Post

in his bear form. I'm also excited to see Legolas again and especially Laketown. Hopefully a wide establishing shot so we can see it in all it's glory.

Ohhh and Thranduil's halls. Tongue

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 23 2013, 12:13am)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Mar 22 2013, 11:31pm

Post #13 of 41 (525 views)
Shortcut
Love to see Beorn like this [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.john-howe.com/...ils.php?image_id=966

I would love if Beorn looked kinda like this, maybe a little taller :) well it is John Howe who draw this back in 03 so maybe this is the style they go for :) what do you guys think?

― J.R.R. Tolkien

(This post was edited by DuBekar on Mar 22 2013, 11:32pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 23 2013, 12:29am

Post #14 of 41 (507 views)
Shortcut
VBlog [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the shot in the VBlog of Bilbo sitting in Beorn's chair at the table. It looks like they did a great job with the scaling there. RA said everything on the Beorn set was awesome and it was huge. I can't wait to see him and it.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Jeremy
Rivendell

Mar 23 2013, 3:11am

Post #15 of 41 (444 views)
Shortcut
Don't you mean Schmaug? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
No Smaug, please!

duats
Grey Havens

Mar 23 2013, 4:14am

Post #16 of 41 (407 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

A thousand times yes.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Mar 23 2013, 4:42am

Post #17 of 41 (428 views)
Shortcut
I hope we get a little glimpse... [In reply to] Can't Post

of Smaug and Beorn... nothing too revealing, but just a tease here and there.

Laugh

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 23 2013, 9:11am

Post #18 of 41 (366 views)
Shortcut
There have been snippets in the past to suggest [In reply to] Can't Post

That we are going to be getting a blonde Beorn.Crazy

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 23 2013, 9:28am

Post #19 of 41 (361 views)
Shortcut
I hope for nothing particular.... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... that way whatever comes will be a nice surprise.

Oh - except, of course, that I hope the site doesn't crash when we all try to enter our code numbers.....

sherlock
Gondor

Mar 23 2013, 11:48am

Post #20 of 41 (307 views)
Shortcut
I agree// [In reply to] Can't Post

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 23 2013, 3:21pm

Post #21 of 41 (271 views)
Shortcut
Yes, a bit of Beorn please. [In reply to] Can't Post

Like several of you, I would like his bear form to be a surprise. I am really looking forward to seeing him.

I would also like to be surprised by Smaug, I loved the little tease at the end of AUJ, but I hearing him would be pretty neat.

The rest, is icing on the cake.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 23 2013, 3:40pm

Post #22 of 41 (305 views)
Shortcut
We've already seen him *spoilers* [In reply to] Can't Post

in his bear form with Gandalf in the first scroll (from EW magazine, i think). He looks awesome.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 23 2013, 4:05pm)

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 23 2013, 3:46pm

Post #23 of 41 (274 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Forgot about that, but I would like to be surprised by the shape shift and how he acts in his bear form.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 23 2013, 3:53pm

Post #24 of 41 (268 views)
Shortcut
Which is unlikely to be the final design [In reply to] Can't Post

The scroll was heavily photoshopped. The wargs look nothing like what they do on the scroll, for instance.

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 23 2013, 4:01pm

Post #25 of 41 (258 views)
Shortcut
I will have to look at the scroll again [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been a long while. Thank you for that Daniel

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.