Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Star Trek: Into Darkness...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bborchar
Rohan

Mar 22 2013, 3:25am

Post #26 of 31 (68 views)
Shortcut
I will definitely let you know... [In reply to] Can't Post

...what I think of WoK when I get to watch it :) My in-laws are coming for a visit this weekend, so I'm going to subject my m-i-l to as much Sherlock as I can cram in for her in two days, lol.

I do know the scene you are talking about, though. I haven't seen the entire movie, but I have seen that scene where Spock is trying to save the ship from radiation poisoning and then Kirk comes in to find him in there and they "touch" hands through the glass. In the new one, though, it looks like the roles might be reversed...that it's Kirk instead of Spock sacrificing himself. That would just be awesome :)

swordwhale
Grey Havens

Mar 22 2013, 4:13am

Post #27 of 31 (84 views)
Shortcut
anti-Hollywood... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this is where non-American TV/film excels... sadly, we seem to have this love of cover model 20 somethings. A look at PBS (and some British TV, for instance), reveals a lot of terrific character actors who are older, quirkier, and far more interesting. A fan posted a meme on tumblr, a pic of a couple of Dr Whos, Sherlock, that Watson guy, and (Tom Hiddleston?), the tag line was something like, "we fell in love with the talent, not the body..."

http://swordwhale.tumblr.com/post/45168666144/leadlightchandelier-found-on-doctor-who-and

Go outside and play...

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 22 2013, 7:21am

Post #28 of 31 (71 views)
Shortcut
Let's just say... [In reply to] Can't Post

When I saw the trailer, I meeped and jumped around for an hour or so. Blush

I really can't wait. It has Karl Urban, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and Benedict Cumberbatch. What more do you need!?

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2013, 10:50am

Post #29 of 31 (72 views)
Shortcut
It would be quite a twist! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't thought of that...!

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

swordwhale
Grey Havens

Apr 7 2013, 4:27am

Post #30 of 31 (24 views)
Shortcut
Trek Wars [In reply to] Can't Post

I grew up on the original Trek (6th grade crush on George Takei and Leonard Nimoy), so I was pretty fascinated by all the films. I have to admit some were better than others.

Go outside and play...

swordwhale
Grey Havens

Apr 7 2013, 4:33am

Post #31 of 31 (21 views)
Shortcut
wait wait wait.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Karl Urban...

oh yeah, I knew that... I fergot...

what a weird sort of fandom universe this is...

The blue alien is Uhura, Thor is Capt Kirk's father, Bilbo is Watson, Eomer is McCoy, Watson once called Sherlock Spock, who probably owes some of his character to Sherlock, and ConanDoyle who describes Sherlock as a "man of iron" who is them played by Iron Man, then there's Smauglock, Dr. Who with a bunny sled, and the two Hydra agents who infiltrated the reading of the moon runes...

I love fandom...

Go outside and play...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.