Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I've seen the three prequels...

bborchar
Rohan

Mar 21 2013, 9:20pm

Views: 172
Shortcut
I've seen the three prequels... [In reply to] Can't Post

..once each. I even had to look up what ROST was because I seriously had not seen it since the one time in theaters when it came out. Empire Strikes Back was and always will be the best Star Wars movie imo. The prequels just took themselves way to seriously for the bad writing it was given. And despite the fact that it had great actors, the acting was stiff and nearly unwatchable. And despite my love for the first trilogy of Star Wars, I don't own them on blu-ray (like I do everything else I really like) because I refuse to buy the "enhanced" versions of the movies. I've heard that Disney plans on releasing the originals as they were on blu-ray, and when they do, they will get my money.

If you liked the last Star Trek movie, odds are, you will like this one. If you didn't, then you probably won't like this one. These movies don't feel like the original Star Trek at all, which is fine with me...the original Star Trek story has been done to death in every incarnation possible. I think this movie has the potential to be one of the better Star Trek movies, but I can't make that judgment until I see it. And yes, I can probably tell you the entire plot of it right here...however, I don't know what the backstory is, and that's what will be interesting for me. If the movie sucks, it sucks, and I'll move on with my life, because it's just a movie.

I want anything at all that I can look forward to until Sherlock comes back on next winter (I want to see this even more than DoS), and there are quite a few good things coming out this year.

Subject User Time
Star Trek: Into Darkness... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 21 2013, 12:54pm
    Me! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Mar 21 2013, 3:36pm
    When our leaders fail Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Mar 21 2013, 3:42pm
        ??? bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 21 2013, 4:36pm
            The trailer Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Mar 21 2013, 4:41pm
                It's not as if that line is in the movie... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 21 2013, 4:51pm
                    Probably wont be Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Mar 21 2013, 6:01pm
                        I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 21 2013, 6:33pm
                            ROST Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Mar 21 2013, 9:04pm
                                I've seen the three prequels... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 21 2013, 9:20pm
    I am! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 21 2013, 4:26pm
    Yep Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Mar 21 2013, 5:05pm
    her neverending mission, to seek out new worlds, new fans, to boldy go... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Mar 21 2013, 5:16pm
        Already on mine... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 21 2013, 5:25pm
            I think I have a crush on Sherlock, not C-batch. Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Mar 22 2013, 2:35am
            anti-Hollywood... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Mar 22 2013, 4:13am
    Insanity JWPlatt Mar 21 2013, 11:43pm
        Counterpoint... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 22 2013, 12:06am
            I feel the same Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 22 2013, 12:13am
            Propaganda JWPlatt Mar 22 2013, 12:40am
                I wouldn't know... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 22 2013, 1:13am
                    Sorry JWPlatt Mar 22 2013, 1:34am
                    Nicely put Bborchar Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 22 2013, 2:05am
                        Thanks! bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 22 2013, 2:35am
                            Well let us know Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 22 2013, 3:03am
                                I will definitely let you know... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Mar 22 2013, 3:25am
                                    It would be quite a twist! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 22 2013, 10:50am
                            Trek Wars swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Apr 7 2013, 4:27am
    *hand shoots up* Oh yeah... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 22 2013, 1:31am
        wait wait wait.... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Apr 7 2013, 4:33am
    Let's just say... BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Mar 22 2013, 7:21am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.