Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So the DVD/Blu-Ray is starting to land in our homes.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 12:05am

Post #26 of 41 (175 views)
Shortcut
I felt like I saw more detail on regular DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was trying to see if I could get a better look at him when he dives into the gold. Nah.

On the digital download I got Sat. night and on the regular DVD I feel like I see more outlines, when he flies overhead (in Dale) and when he dives into the gold I felt like i can see his back rolling around. In general Blu-Ray not my fave but I think its my player not the disc.

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Mar 21 2013, 12:41am

Post #27 of 41 (167 views)
Shortcut
I have yet to obtain mine [In reply to] Can't Post

I preordered from Barnes and Noble (in person!), and should have got it yesterday, but didn't. Unsure You can bet when I finally watch it, I will watch it throughout without pause. I just love all of the scenes and like to wait for them as a surprise. But right now, I just Barnes and Noble to contact me to let me know that they have my copy. Crazy

Kimtc
Rohan

Mar 21 2013, 12:49am

Post #28 of 41 (158 views)
Shortcut
Ziggy! I'd be storming B&N! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a nut, pacing around the house waiting for mine to be delivered from Amazon. They sent it out on Monday, and got here (via a courier--not even UPS, FedEx or USPS!) on Tuesday. I won't let the other members of my household touch it. It's my own, my precious....

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 3:31am

Post #29 of 41 (147 views)
Shortcut
Most of my pausing was Smaug related. A few times to note with pleasure that Gandalf's hat was at least Blue [In reply to] Can't Post

blue some of the time. Most pausing was in the Erebor fight sequence. Tomorrow I may pause and zoom for a better look into the Gate of Moria. I bypassed some of the Stone Giants.

In Reply To
What was the first thing you PAUSED for?

I was determined NOT to pause at all for my first viewing here at home, but alas.... I'm weak.

I passed the contents of Bilbo's chest. I passed the food on Bilbo's table and the dish tossing. I passed the Troll fight. I passed the Troll's hoard. But I just had to count the Rhosgobel Rabbits! *twitch* Just had to! Now I can sleep :) I'll pause my heart out tomorrow.

What did you pause for first, or what do you plan to pause for? What are YOUR questions that need answering?

Oh... and don't forget to change the batteries in the remote. I have a feeling it's going to take a beating ;)

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Mar 21 2013, 12:16pm

Post #30 of 41 (144 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo's door [In reply to] Can't Post

It seemed to me watching at theatres that during Bilbo's interactions with the Dwarves at his door, the sign Gandalf placed there was missing. So I paused to check - and I was right. Wink

sherlock
Gondor

Mar 21 2013, 3:24pm

Post #31 of 41 (116 views)
Shortcut
I haven't gotten mine yet but [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. My best friend who hasn't seen it at all is coming over on Sunday to watch it with me & I've invited my granddaughter who's seen it once with me to join us. I'm not sure if she'll be able to come but I hope so. I'm serving hobbity snacks but not sure what yet. Any suggestions for vegetarian snacks would be great. I have a couple of really good stuffed mushroom recipes but they are kind of a pain & I want to keep it easy. As for pausing there will be none for this first viewing.

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Mar 21 2013, 3:34pm

Post #32 of 41 (127 views)
Shortcut
"Give him a pony" [In reply to] Can't Post

was the first thing I paused for. Twice I backed up to hear/see that again, when I was SO determined to watch it all the way through...

"I left the night, with its remote and singing stars, and came in, to the glow of the fire, and the chair where he had been sitting, and the unstrung harp." --The Last Enchantment

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Mar 21 2013, 3:43pm

Post #33 of 41 (107 views)
Shortcut
That's what I will have to do [In reply to] Can't Post

if they don't notify me yet. Wink

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 3:55pm

Post #34 of 41 (111 views)
Shortcut
Cream cheese veggie pinwheels [In reply to] Can't Post

It's cream cheese, (block is best I think) mix in some ranch dressing into a nice soft mix, and add some shredded carrots and green onions. spread it out on tortillas (have fun with flavors and colors!) and roll in up. Freeze it for about and hour or so, then you can slice it into nice little wheels. Yummy and vegetarian too, and not hard to make. Sometimes I have also used a nice dry veggie soup mix, (and added fresh too) but then you have to give it a bit more time for the dried veggies to soften up in the cheese and dressing mix.

Have fun tomorrow! Smile

sherlock
Gondor

Mar 21 2013, 7:05pm

Post #35 of 41 (91 views)
Shortcut
I'm making these! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great idea & I already have some of the ingredients. Thanks, Brethil!

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 8:06pm

Post #36 of 41 (86 views)
Shortcut
Most welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

..and for non-vegetarians bacon pieces too..........mmm.........Wink

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 8:10pm

Post #37 of 41 (87 views)
Shortcut
Meat Candy [In reply to] Can't Post

Bacon. Yum. Meat Candy. That is all.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 8:32pm

Post #38 of 41 (83 views)
Shortcut
True. I got a bit excited though... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Bacon. Yum. Meat Candy. That is all.

I saw your "meat candy" heading and figured we were onto another fun Thorin post......! Not that THAT has ever happened before.Evil

But entirely, entirely true about the bacon itself. Also delicious. Okay stopping right there.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 9:58pm

Post #39 of 41 (76 views)
Shortcut
Double Scoop! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bacon plus RA as Thorin. That is Meat Candy overload! My arteries, My arteries! Yes Sir May I have another?

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 10:45pm

Post #40 of 41 (74 views)
Shortcut
Oh please, another for me as well! Bwaahaahhaaa! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Bacon plus RA as Thorin. That is Meat Candy overload! My arteries, My arteries! Yes Sir May I have another?

Now I could really enjoy some bacon-wrapped Thorin....even at the cost of my arteries!

sherlock
Gondor

Mar 23 2013, 12:21pm

Post #41 of 41 (66 views)
Shortcut
I got mine Thursday [In reply to] Can't Post

& just finished watching the movie & a bit of the extras. I must say, third time is the charm. My first viewing was in the theater opening day in 3D, my second was in the theater in 2D with m y granddaughter & my third was at home with my dog on my Blu Ray player. I liked both the 3D & 2D but I think the best was at home. I'm watching it again tomorrow with a friend who hasn't seen it yet. I really would love to watch it with a bunch of fans but I don't think that's going to happen. My friend has read the books but I wouldn't call her a fan. And no pausing yet-except for potty & food breaks.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.