Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle-earth March Madness 2013 - Round 1 - Voting Begins!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Mar 19 2013, 8:43am

Views: 557
Shortcut
Middle-earth March Madness 2013 - Round 1 - Voting Begins! Can't Post

middleearthmarchmadness13Middle-earth Madness officially starts today! We've split our field of 64 characters and objects into four divisions: The Shire, Erebor, Angmar and Mordor.

As noted in previous comments and on FB, there are some very interesting match-ups in this first round. In a semi-rematch, can the brave Hobbit Merry take out The Witch-king in a division that includes his own name? Who will win in the battle of brothers as Kili and Fili face off in the Erebor division? And what about last year's champion Samwise Gamgee?! Can he really take out the ever popular Balrog of Moria? Imagine what "Bullroarer" Took will do against Shelob in the Mordor division. Can the dragon Ancalagon the Black take out Legolas's father Thranduil in The Shire division?

A note to those of you whom may not know some of the names in the bracket. A great way to educate yourself on the vote is by simply googling the name. We found that Wikipedia has a plethora of information on each character.

Voting in Round 1 will remain open until March 21st at 10pm ET. At that point, we'll calculate the winners and post the next round on March 22nd. Follow after the break for a complete bracket image (download it), and to vote on all of our Round 1 match-ups! [Round 1 Bracket] (If you are interested in how we came up with this bracket and why some characters are left off (*cough Legolas*), check the note at the bottom of this post)

The Shire - Round 1
March 19th - March 21st 2013

Erebor - Round 1

Mordor - Round 1

Angmar - Round 1

A note on the selection process. TORn staffers got 32 votes to distribute as they saw fit across nearly 100 names. Some staffers are very fond of Silmarillion, some of the Hobbit and others of LOTR, and voted for their favorites. From the results was born the list of 64, who were then distributed across the 4 realms, as you see.Characters like Legolas did receive votes, but missed the final 64 by a single vote!

Subject User Time
Middle-earth March Madness 2013 - Round 1 - Voting Begins! News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Mar 19 2013, 8:43am
    Stay this madness! SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Mar 19 2013, 8:05pm
        We tried to make it interesting Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Mar 20 2013, 12:55am
            And had fun doing so ;D Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Mar 20 2013, 4:07am
                I have to admit Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Mar 20 2013, 11:02am
    please tell the old person how to vote // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 20 2013, 3:26am
        How you vote is up to you Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Mar 20 2013, 4:08am
            no... HOW do I vote Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 20 2013, 1:30pm
                The first post in this thread imin Send a private message to imin Mar 20 2013, 1:41pm
                    Thanks... it was one of my adblockers that was the problem. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 20 2013, 1:48pm
                        Well I noticed the vote boxes were sometimes absent in IE SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Mar 20 2013, 1:56pm
                            It's the same for me DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 20 2013, 1:58pm
                            Switched to Chrome to vote and got all vote boxes Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Mar 20 2013, 11:57pm
    It's upsetting to see ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 20 2013, 11:05am
        I know right?! Elrond's trouncing Talking Purse SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Mar 20 2013, 1:10pm
    My very first Madness... in public, that is ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 21 2013, 12:25am
    That was super fun! ShyElf Send a private message to ShyElf Mar 21 2013, 2:25am
    Awesome The White Wizard Send a private message to The White Wizard Mar 24 2013, 12:13pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.