Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Vanity edit: the sequel

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 5:50pm

Post #1 of 3 (102 views)
Shortcut
Vanity edit: the sequel Can't Post

Could some kind mod take the third paragraph of this post, and replace it with:

The beginning of Book 3 is one of the sections where we really begin to see Aragorn as a more three-dimensional person, and not just a third-person heroic figure. We get a lot of the story from his perspective, and we are able to see a little more into his thoughts than previously. As Boromir is dying, for the first time, Aragorn begins to doubt. This is a side of Aragorn that we really haven't seen before. This side, our professor notes, is one major difference between movie/book Aragorn; Viggo tends to be a little more angsty about his role of king, whereas, as our professor said of book Aragorn, "I'm going to be king! Can I have my crown now?" (perhaps not the most accurate portrayal, but you get the point, and I found her impression amusing)

Thank you! (that's not part of the paragraph) Tongue

‎"When we can take green from grass, blue from heaven, and red from blood, we have already an enchanter's power—upon one plane; and the desire to wield that power in the world
external to our minds awakes."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Mozart and Chocolate

(This post was edited by Laerasėa on Mar 18 2013, 5:53pm)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 18 2013, 5:53pm

Post #2 of 3 (107 views)
Shortcut
Sure thing. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Mar 20 2013, 2:42am

Post #3 of 3 (97 views)
Shortcut
Thanks!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

‎"When we can take green from grass, blue from heaven, and red from blood, we have already an enchanter's power—upon one plane; and the desire to wield that power in the world
external to our minds awakes."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Mozart and Chocolate

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.