Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
More interviews
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

namarie
Rohan

Mar 18 2013, 3:55pm

Post #1 of 27 (1227 views)
Shortcut
More interviews Can't Post

Richard Armitage and Andy Serkis interviews with TORn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhzkl1OqONg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkkOiwQjSts

Two interviews with Martin Freeman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA0qRy-4qfU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hc1-pWUm5U

Edit: I just released that DarkJackal already posted the excerpt from the Xbox video so I removed it from my post.

Sir Ian McKellen on Jonathan Ross Show on 16.03.2013.
He doesn't talk about the Hobbit but it's a fun interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmmnq7BW4ec

“The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there!”

(This post was edited by namarie on Mar 18 2013, 3:59pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 4:19pm

Post #2 of 27 (497 views)
Shortcut
Liked those [In reply to] Can't Post

The second one I had not seen. That's a good one. The interviewer asked the questions in a bit of a different fashion (although they were similar) to like kind of questions asked by a lot of interviewers. I really enjoyed Martin's take on the technology piece.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

bborchar
Rohan

Mar 18 2013, 4:21pm

Post #3 of 27 (503 views)
Shortcut
Loved the Martin Freeman Interview... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it was probably for the best that MF WASN'T a fan of Tolkien beforehand...I think his performance is much more natural that way. Bilbo is ignorant of the world, and it really feels like MF can inhabit that role better by not knowing the backstory or history.

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 18 2013, 5:42pm

Post #4 of 27 (447 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for putting those up, namarie! [In reply to] Can't Post

But Sir Ian does, in fact, talk about The Hobbit. After a clip is shown, Ross tries to raise a cheap laugh by saying that it is a long film but a short book. He gets his laugh and tries to move on. Sir Ian explains why you need 3 films when you only have a slim volume. Well done, that man! I agree with him, LOL!

namarie
Rohan

Mar 18 2013, 6:16pm

Post #5 of 27 (425 views)
Shortcut
Indeed he does mentions the Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

but only for a few seconds.
The idea in my head was that the entire interview was not about the Hobbit and since he only mention it for a few seconds I said that he is not talking about it.
I guess it didn't come out right Smile

ShireHorse
Rohan

Mar 18 2013, 6:30pm

Post #6 of 27 (401 views)
Shortcut
Sorry about that, namarie. Mine came out a bit nit-picking. [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose I noticed his interchange and was pleased he got the chance to say it.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 6:37pm

Post #7 of 27 (385 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree completely. The fact that he wasn't a Tolkien fan or new much about the character I think made him less nervous about playing him or concerned about what people might think. It was very fortuitous that it happened like that.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 6:40pm

Post #8 of 27 (422 views)
Shortcut
So, now we watch Richard's beard for clues [In reply to] Can't Post

as to precisely when he'll be back in NZ for filming Sly? Eight weeks for it to grow to proper length, he said. Was this interview evidence that it has already begun?! What was the exact date of the interview?! Did he shave after the interview?! By Thorin's beard! This was a subtle tip off to the fans (but only those clever enough to have spotted it). It was a TORn interviewer, after all. They do know where The Real Fans are!

Be on the look out for further interviews and start marking your calendars!Wink

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 6:50pm

Post #9 of 27 (402 views)
Shortcut
And Gollum will not be at the BO5A? (she asked innocently) [In reply to] Can't Post

Andy said he is not coming back to NZ for filming this year, which is specifically for that, it has been said by some of the actors. So, for those who have speculated that PJ might bring Gollum in there, it seems like it's not going to happen (TG), though die-hard theorists will no doubt say it could have been worked into the previous filming.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 7:14pm

Post #10 of 27 (400 views)
Shortcut
In the original TORn article about these interviews [In reply to] Can't Post

on the main page, they mentioned one with James Nesbit. What happened to that one? I've not been able to find it.

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 18 2013, 7:20pm

Post #11 of 27 (375 views)
Shortcut
thanks a lot. wonderful interviews! [In reply to] Can't Post

bborchar
Rohan

Mar 18 2013, 7:29pm

Post #12 of 27 (373 views)
Shortcut
Well, I would assume it would at least be two months from now... [In reply to] Can't Post

Since Martin Freeman is spending the next two months filming "Sherlock", then taking a break in May (I'm assuming to go film the rest of the Hobbit), then coming back to film the last episode of Sherlock.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 7:31pm

Post #13 of 27 (347 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

But the Freeman interviews were done when he was in LA for that entire week and was one on 3/1 I believe. I don't know if Armitage's one done that week or the next but the live Twitter chat with Armitage was the following week after Martin's (which would have been week before last or last week) and likely done at that time.

(This post was edited by Ham_Sammy on Mar 18 2013, 7:34pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 7:32pm

Post #14 of 27 (354 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin said he was going back to NZ at the end of May and would be there all June and July, then come back to film the last episode of Sherlock after he returns. Lot's of MF and BC this year on film and TV for sure.

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 18 2013, 9:49pm

Post #15 of 27 (296 views)
Shortcut
Yup, can't have too much of a good thing, right?! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Martin said he was going back to NZ at the end of May and would be there all June and July, then come back to film the last episode of Sherlock after he returns. Lot's of MF and BC this year on film and TV for sure.

TongueSmile

Sooooo, they'll be shooting in the winter. Should make for some incredible scenes.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2013, 10:30pm

Post #16 of 27 (259 views)
Shortcut
Can't Wait [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to be enjoying all of it! It'll be like sitting down to the old Ferrel's Ice Cream Pig Trough. It's a ton of sweetness and you pass out glazed over after you have it but man it was sure good.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 18 2013, 11:28pm

Post #17 of 27 (250 views)
Shortcut
Great interviews [In reply to] Can't Post

Richard Armitage is such a charmer. I like the way he said that he doesn't go out. I hadn't seen either the interview with him or the one with Andy Serkis, so thank you for that. Smile

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 19 2013, 1:18am

Post #18 of 27 (204 views)
Shortcut
Animal Farm [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow what a treat to find out he's directing Animal Farm. That should be interesting. And yes, honestly I'm glad Gollum won't be back. Really he is done as far as the story goes (which Andy pretty much said) and that was a good thing I think.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 19 2013, 2:31am

Post #19 of 27 (180 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, Animal Farm sounds really interesting to me. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one of my favorite books, and i love the old cartoon version of it. I just hope they can come up with an actual artistic or asthetic look for it, kind of dark and moody, and not have it look like some Madagascar or Ice Age abomination.

I'm definitely going to be following this one.

namarie
Rohan

Mar 19 2013, 7:10am

Post #20 of 27 (155 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry about ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 19 2013, 2:44pm

Post #21 of 27 (127 views)
Shortcut
It's coming! Post going up soon... [In reply to] Can't Post

We're drawing it out to, you know, build excitement! Can't have too many fun interviews all in one go!! Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

tolktolk
Lorien

Mar 19 2013, 2:54pm

Post #22 of 27 (125 views)
Shortcut
Vicious Old Queens [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like being very funny, with the two old masters sparring. Ian McKellen really is a national treasure.

Seeing Andy saying all his kids are in the Shire flashback scene reminds me that we saw the little boys all dressed up in one of the production videos, and I am still convinced one of them is playing baby Bilbo. This scene has better be included in the EE...!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 19 2013, 2:56pm

Post #23 of 27 (113 views)
Shortcut
Agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

I want that scene in the EE. That scene and the cast commentary had better be on there and both McKellan and Freeman better be on it or I will be disappointed.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 19 2013, 4:08pm

Post #24 of 27 (98 views)
Shortcut
Cool, thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love me some Jimmy Nesbitt!

tolktolk
Lorien

Mar 19 2013, 4:33pm

Post #25 of 27 (104 views)
Shortcut
Jimmy Nesbitt's Ireland [In reply to] Can't Post

Bofur was my favourite dwarf along with Balin and I hope he has a lot more to do in the next films, as he says. If you are a fan of his, you might enjoy this documentary series which began in Britain last night, with Jimmy offering a guided tour of Ireland.

https://www.itv.com/...es-nesbitt-s-ireland

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.