Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Woohoo! It's Finally Friday and time to Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Dec 14 2007, 5:04pm

Post #1 of 175 (651 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! It's Finally Friday and time to Fiesta! Can't Post

Welcome to our traditional Friday celebration of getting through another week and, more importantly, getting to another weekend! Laugh

This week, we were all relieved to welcome back Darkstone whose car had a tiff with another car and who’s a little beat up (Darkstone AND the car). So, this week’s Fiesta is dedicated to Darkstone and wishing him a VERY speedy recovery! Smile

*kicks juke box - “You’ve Got a Friend” by JT fills the room. * Smile

Happy Friday Darkstone and all!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Dec 14 2007, 5:12pm)

Curious
Half-elven

Dec 14 2007, 5:06pm

Post #2 of 175 (443 views)
Shortcut
I have an ANNOUNCEMENT. [In reply to] Can't Post

No, I'm not going anywhere. But my wife, five-year-old daughter, and I have a new addition to the family!

As some of you know, we've been looking to adopt another child for some time. Last Friday, December 7th, our new daughter was born! She came home from the hospital on Monday, and we'll be making the adoption official next Monday.

We're thinking of a name but haven't made it official yet, so I won't say it yet in case it changes. But our new daughter, despite being a tiny little thing (5 pounds, 4 ounces and 17 inches long at birth) is doing fine. And our older daughter loves being a big sister!

So have a virtual chocolate cigar, my treat!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 14 2007, 5:11pm

Post #3 of 175 (418 views)
Shortcut
*raises mug to Darkstone* [In reply to] Can't Post

May I have some hot chocolate for my muggy toast, please? HERE'S TO DARKSTONE!! I'm SO delighted you're safe and nearly sound! Let me know if you need more vittles to get your strength back to normal :)

Luckily, my days have been slow and no stresses to worry about. I'll be gone next Fiesta as I'm on my way to Baltimore to spend the week with my g'kiddies! *squeee*

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. And HUGS to ya, Darkstone! Get some rest!

THANKS ALTAIRA!!! :D have a great weekend!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Dec 14 2007, 5:15pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Dec 14 2007, 5:11pm

Post #4 of 175 (399 views)
Shortcut
Yikes!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear... I'll definitely be praying for Darkstone!!

I'll take my Winter Usual, please, Altaira. Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Dec 14 2007, 5:12pm

Post #5 of 175 (376 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Curious, that's wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations to you all!!!

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Annael
Immortal

Dec 14 2007, 5:13pm

Post #6 of 175 (416 views)
Shortcut
*raises glass* To Darkstone! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have a "Beautiful", please, barkeep - I need something warm & alcoholic to help soothe this FRIGGING BRONCHITIS I've had for three weeks now - hack, hack, cough - the only way I can sleep is sitting up. I'm living on codeine/guifenesin syrup, HerbaTussin tea, and menthol cough drops, and I'm so bored of all of it.

/whine

It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.
- Ursula Le Guin

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

diedye
Grey Havens

Dec 14 2007, 5:13pm

Post #7 of 175 (380 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha! Now you're really outnumbered!!! EvilTongueLaughSmile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 14 2007, 5:14pm

Post #8 of 175 (386 views)
Shortcut
WOW! Congratulations!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Let me know if you need a babysitter!

My eldest was 5lbs 4oz when I took her home (6 wks premie), so you know size at this stage of the game is a concern, but not a forecast of what's to come :)

I'm so happy for you and your lovely family! *high five* The waiting is almost over!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

Annael
Immortal

Dec 14 2007, 5:15pm

Post #9 of 175 (388 views)
Shortcut
congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a good birthday! One of my best friends and the best dog I ever had were born on Dec. 7, so I have good associations with that day.

Of course, she'll have to hear about Pearl Harbor Day all her life . . .

It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.
- Ursula Le Guin

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Kethry
Lorien

Dec 14 2007, 5:16pm

Post #10 of 175 (391 views)
Shortcut
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! [In reply to] Can't Post

That said, I had a really wonderful week.

You know how just some weeks are full of happiness? That’s been this week for me. Monday I found out that my application to an apartment complex was approved. I’m moving next month! (Just about 10 miles away.) Tuesday I went Christmas caroling. Wednesday I called a friend that I hadn’t spoken to since May (and haven’t seen since I left Connecticut 5 years ago) and we had a lovely conversation. Which conversation made me miss seeing this friend all the more and made me all nostalgic for Connecticut. Then yesterday I got friended on facebook by a friend from high school that I haven’t seen or talked to for more than 10 years. How cool is that? Someone randomly wanted to see how I was doing. Tonight there’s a dance that I am very much looking forwards to. And tomorrow, I’m going to be signing my lease with my soon-to-be roommate. And then I get to go and measure what is to be my room! I am so looking forwards to it! I am so not looking forwards to packing.

The overnight temperatures keep dropping. I actually had ice on my windshield this morning! I haven’t had to scrape ice for more than 4 years! And since we don’t have an ice scraper readily available, I used a washcloth. That was after I had turned the defroster on, so it wasn’t too difficult. But it’s been an interesting morning.

So I think I need a nice hot chocolate, piled high with marshmallows, please. Oh, and a candy cane to stir it with. Thanks!

Happy weekend, everybody!

And again, get better soon, Darkstone!

"Any kind of plan where you lose your hat... is a bad plan."

'But it does not seem that I can trust anyone,' said Frodo.
Sam looked at him unhappily. 'It all depends on what you want,' put in Merry. 'You can trust us to stick to you through thick and thin - to the bitter end. And you can trust us to keep any secret of yours - closer than you keep it yourself. But you cannot trust us to let you face trouble alone, and go off without a word. We are your friends, Frodo.'

sherlock
Gondor

Dec 14 2007, 5:17pm

Post #11 of 175 (378 views)
Shortcut
Get well soon Darkstone! [In reply to] Can't Post

And happy weekend all. Hope everyone's holiday preparations are going well. I took my granddaughter to the Nutcracker for the first time last weekend and she really enjoyed it. She loves to dance and sing so I think I'll have to sign her up for some dance lessons.

This weekend I'll be shopping, wrapping and cleaning but hope to sneak in a movie Sunday afternoon.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Dec 14 2007, 5:17pm

Post #12 of 175 (368 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! // [In reply to] Can't Post

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Dec. 10-16 for "Fog on the Barrow-downs".

diedye
Grey Havens

Dec 14 2007, 5:19pm

Post #13 of 175 (389 views)
Shortcut
ACK!... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you get my Xmas thingy before you leave!

*worried*

Kethry
Lorien

Dec 14 2007, 5:19pm

Post #14 of 175 (364 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! Many congratulations! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Any kind of plan where you lose your hat... is a bad plan."

'But it does not seem that I can trust anyone,' said Frodo.
Sam looked at him unhappily. 'It all depends on what you want,' put in Merry. 'You can trust us to stick to you through thick and thin - to the bitter end. And you can trust us to keep any secret of yours - closer than you keep it yourself. But you cannot trust us to let you face trouble alone, and go off without a word. We are your friends, Frodo.'

Elven
Valinor

Dec 14 2007, 5:20pm

Post #15 of 175 (372 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant News!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally special!!!
Congratulations curious and family!
Its going to be a lonnnng week ... waiting until she comes home.
How exciting!
All the best wishes to your new bundle of joy!

Elven x

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

sherlock
Gondor

Dec 14 2007, 5:21pm

Post #16 of 175 (368 views)
Shortcut
That's great! [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have so much fun with your two girls!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Dec 14 2007, 5:22pm

Post #17 of 175 (359 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 14 2007, 5:23pm

Post #18 of 175 (393 views)
Shortcut
Nothing like lots of good news [In reply to] Can't Post

to warm things up -- here in North Texas we have almost-freezing fog and it's cooooooold!

But it's grand to know that Darkstone's on the mend, and that Curious has a new daughter -- congratulations! -- and that things are going well for everyone else.

Me, I'm having a small moment of frustration, but it's nothing important.

*lifts mug of spiced tea* Here's to us! Who's like us? Darn few, and they're not on TORn!

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

diedye
Grey Havens

Dec 14 2007, 5:25pm

Post #19 of 175 (368 views)
Shortcut
Been meaning to ask you... [In reply to] Can't Post

... do you have a link to a larger version of your avatar? I think it's beautiful.

sherlock
Gondor

Dec 14 2007, 5:26pm

Post #20 of 175 (361 views)
Shortcut
Have fun with your [In reply to] Can't Post

grands, gramma! I'm getting mine on Tuesday for almost a week and a half. I'm counting the days!

Ginger
Rohan

Dec 14 2007, 5:26pm

Post #21 of 175 (368 views)
Shortcut
*raises bottle to Darkstone* [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Have a good weekend, everyone. I hope the nor'easter heading for the northeast isn't too severe.

Ginger
Rohan

Dec 14 2007, 5:27pm

Post #22 of 175 (359 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! That is just wonderful news! [In reply to] Can't Post

sherlock
Gondor

Dec 14 2007, 5:29pm

Post #23 of 175 (350 views)
Shortcut
Hope you're feeling better soon!// [In reply to] Can't Post

I

Altaira
Superuser

Post #24 of 175 (356 views)
Shortcut
*pops corks* Congratulations, Curious!! [In reply to] Can't Post

What wonderful news, and what a lucky little girl. Smile

Have a great weekend getting to know each other.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Post #25 of 175 (359 views)
Shortcut
How wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations to you and the family! I can't wait to hear what name you've picked, and see photos!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.