Banoffee Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie
Shepherd's Pie
Derby Pie
Key Lime Pie
Shoofly Pie
Blueberry Pie
Bumbleberry Pie
You forgot my favorite! Let me tell you about it...
View Results (222 votes)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 14 2013, 7:23pm

Post #1 of 63 (1454 views)
Shortcut
What kind of pie do you like? Can't Post

In honor of pi day, today. And be sure to tell us what you like on your pie!

mmm... pie.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Mar 14 2013, 7:37pm

Post #2 of 63 (980 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

To my mind nothing beats a slice of pork pie every week or so.

sador
Half-elven

Mar 14 2013, 7:56pm

Post #3 of 63 (971 views)
Shortcut
The correct header! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

(Just FYI, it was a trademark of the long-absent Darkstone, a great fan of pies)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 14 2013, 7:56pm

Post #4 of 63 (975 views)
Shortcut
I like many pies, but a particular favorite... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elderberry pie! Elderberries usually need to be picked by hand as they are not a very good commercial crop. Also, they are a pain to separate and prepare, but the results are worth it. We actually lucked out and just happen to have an elderberry bush growing next to our garage.

PattyJB
Rivendell

Mar 14 2013, 8:17pm

Post #5 of 63 (974 views)
Shortcut
Almost any fruit pie. [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted for blueberry, in honor of the numerous birthday pies I had growing up. I am allergic to eggs, so no B'day cakes. I am also a January baby, so when my dad would ask what kind of pie I wanted for my birthday, I always said blueberry, because that was a little more exotic to me than apple or cherry. I don't know where he found them in mid-20th century, small town Pennsylvania in mid-winter, but he always did. And we always had a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on it.

A couple of other yummy fruit pies I have come to love since I have lived in North Carolina are strawberry-rhubarb and raspberry-peach. All fresh fruits and so delicious!

Finwe
Lorien

Mar 14 2013, 9:27pm

Post #6 of 63 (944 views)
Shortcut
I agree with this statement [In reply to] Can't Post

Any kind of fruit pie is alright with me. I admit I haven't heard of several of the pies listed, so I'm guessing it's a European/American thing.

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Mar 14 2013, 9:43pm

Post #7 of 63 (944 views)
Shortcut
Pepperoni and black olives... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh sorry, I thought we were talkin pizza here.Wink
Gotta go with key lime. The first time I had it I was very surprised at how much I liked it....twas love at first bite!
Blueberry gets honorable mention....and cherry....and apple....and also........ahhhhh! Pie is good!!!!

batik
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2013, 10:36pm

Post #8 of 63 (941 views)
Shortcut
What!?! no coconut?... [In reply to] Can't Post

and no chocolate creme, either? Tsk tsk. I am not a big fan of fruit-filled pies. Cobbler, on the other hand, is a different story!

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 14 2013, 10:49pm

Post #9 of 63 (927 views)
Shortcut
tart cherry pie - with Michigan cherries would be great - topped with vanilla ice cream! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tart cherry pie or cherry cobbler was one of a handful of foods I could gorge on as a child. Cherries are plentiful in Michigan ... in fact we had a tree in our backyard from which we would harvest.

As a young teen, I'd take the bus downtown with my best friend Mary and we'd stop at Kresge's lunch counter and I'd order cherry pie and lemonade. The waitresses almost refused to serve me they thought it sounded so awful together but I loved it.

rhubarb is pretty good, too.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 14 2013, 10:54pm

Post #10 of 63 (932 views)
Shortcut
have you ever had Mulberry pie? [In reply to] Can't Post

They tried to cultivate silk worms for awhile in Kalamazoo MI in the early 20th Century and the city is full of mulberry trees. They are a mess and a half but we tried mulberry pie after reading Euell Gibbon's, Stalking the Wild Asparagus and really liked it. We always went mulberry picking every summer when they got ripe and made pies from them.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Mar 14 2013, 11:50pm

Post #11 of 63 (1023 views)
Shortcut
Best of all is... [In reply to] Can't Post

Coconut Chiffon Pie!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 14 2013, 11:58pm

Post #12 of 63 (927 views)
Shortcut
I knew I'd missed some important ones! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a fan of coconut myself, but I've never met a chocolate pie I didn't like Cool

imin
Valinor

Mar 15 2013, 1:03am

Post #13 of 63 (916 views)
Shortcut
Any meat pie [In reply to] Can't Post

To me pies are savory and filled with meat, my favourite being steak and ale pie. Though game meat pie is great as well.

As for fruit pie i haven't really tried too many - cherry pie to me is nice but its not a 'real' pie, lol.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2013, 1:40am

Post #14 of 63 (921 views)
Shortcut
Chicken, Leek and Potato pie! That's my favourite :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Donry
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2013, 1:56am

Post #15 of 63 (897 views)
Shortcut
Blueberry! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ultimate pie! I like pie!! Cherry pie is awesome too....growing up I was a Lemon Maranguejuenelk (sp?) guy.....but evolved to the Blueberry...Pecan rocks.....raspberry too..

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 15 2013, 3:09am

Post #16 of 63 (910 views)
Shortcut
Huckleberry pie...yum [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually voted for blueberry, but as huckleberries are related to blueberries I figured that was the closest. Freshly picked huckleberries made into a pie is one of the best pies ever! Maybe with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 15 2013, 3:25am

Post #17 of 63 (905 views)
Shortcut
when I was 8... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a Huckleberry Hound lunch box. Back when lunch boxes were metal and had matching thermos bottles in them. :-)

But I don't think I've ever heard of huckleberries growing anywhere near where I have lived.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 15 2013, 3:38am

Post #18 of 63 (928 views)
Shortcut
I remember those! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a plaid lunchbox--my favorite color Smile

There are lots of huckleberries near where I live, at least when in season. One of the best places to pick them is around Mt. Adams in Washington State. My grandmother would take my brother and I every summer and we would pick mass amounts. She would make pie, jam, cobbler, and then freeze the rest, if there were any left (my brother and I ate a lot)!

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 15 2013, 5:02am

Post #19 of 63 (914 views)
Shortcut
It sounds like they might be similar to blueberries [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you ever read Blueberries for Sal? I love that book and used to read it to my students during a unit I called a 'rainbow of books'. Each book had one of the color words in the title: blue, green, yellow, orange, red, purple.

I had a friend who lived on the Iron Range of Minnesota and she said she was always afraid to go blueberry picking because she thought she might meet a bear. I said she HAD to get Blueberries for Sal.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2013, 6:41am

Post #20 of 63 (886 views)
Shortcut
I love leek and potato pie; don't need the chicken, though :) (like your emoticon!)// [In reply to] Can't Post

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2013, 6:53am

Post #21 of 63 (908 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm, piiiie... [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorites are lemon - meringue or chiffon, key lime, and pecan. Another favorite is something you may not have heard of: buttermilk. It's sounds disgusting, but it's heaven in a crust Evil. It's similar to custard pie...but not.

I don't think I'd ever warm to meat pies, but I discovered the wonders of leek and potato pie in England. I wish I could find that here. Better yet, I wish I could go back to the UK sometime. Cool

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2013, 11:06am

Post #22 of 63 (882 views)
Shortcut
oooh ale and steak indeed! Game pie too mm mmm... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Mar 15 2013, 11:08am

Post #23 of 63 (892 views)
Shortcut
hmm that'd interesting, that, to me, doesn't even remotely resemble a pie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe a UK/American split..
Here in the UK it must have a -lid- of pastry on it to be classified as a pie!
Wink

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 15 2013, 12:26pm

Post #24 of 63 (886 views)
Shortcut
Sweet potato pie [In reply to] Can't Post

Yummm....

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 15 2013, 2:00pm

Post #25 of 63 (890 views)
Shortcut
Yes, they are! [In reply to] Can't Post

And so tasty too.
Oh yes, I've read Blueberries for Sal many times, and read to my children as well. Knowing what I know about bears though, I really would not like to meet one-especially a Mother Bear!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.