The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit on Sony PS3 store?

elevorn
Lorien

Mar 14 2013, 5:59pm

Post #1 of 10 (755 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit on Sony PS3 store? Can't Post

When I fired up my PS3 the other day i noticed that you could buy The Hobbit on the PS3 store. IS this just a preorder or if I had done this would I have actually had a digital copy right then and there (not counting download time)? Would have tried but am limited on the funds for those sorts of things at the moment.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

Lindele
Gondor

Mar 14 2013, 6:11pm

Post #2 of 10 (340 views)
Shortcut
It is available [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought it on itunes a couple days ago

elevorn
Lorien

Mar 14 2013, 6:12pm

Post #3 of 10 (298 views)
Shortcut
sweet, good to know [In reply to] Can't Post

Never saw any discussion about this on the boards, but I've been away for about a week.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2013, 6:13pm

Post #4 of 10 (309 views)
Shortcut
I saw this too, [In reply to] Can't Post

as i was researching how to put my Ultraviolet copy on my PS3. The one you saw is just a regular copy for purchase, and has nothing to do with the digital, or ultraviolet, copy.

And i still have no idea how to go about getting this Ultraviolet copy. I opened an account on the Ultraviolet page, and it told me i could get it through a Vudu app on my PS3 (which i already had used for some Lost and Walking Dead episodes), but i could find no way through Vudu to link the accounts. Hopefully, some directions will come with the Blu-ray, because i could find nothing further on either web site. Anyone have any ideas?

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 14 2013, 6:26pm

Post #5 of 10 (291 views)
Shortcut
You get the Ultraviolet copy with the blu-ray purchase [In reply to] Can't Post

It will become with an authentication code (which will expire after a certain date). You can only get the UV copy with the blu-ray purchase.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2013, 6:32pm

Post #6 of 10 (271 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah, i know all that. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It will become with an authentication code (which will expire after a certain date). You can only get the UV copy with the blu-ray purchase.

I'm just trying to figure out how i'll get it on my PS3. The UV website says that i can (through Vudu), but i can't find anything there or through Vudu on exactly *how* to do this.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 14 2013, 7:09pm

Post #7 of 10 (246 views)
Shortcut
Ahh sorry! Can't help with that. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 14 2013, 7:09pm)

bborchar
Rohan

Mar 14 2013, 7:23pm

Post #8 of 10 (306 views)
Shortcut
Usually, when I put in the UV version... [In reply to] Can't Post

..into my mac, it will autoload and ask for the authentication code, and then proceed to download it. So the PS3 may work that way.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2013, 7:31pm

Post #9 of 10 (236 views)
Shortcut
Oh, cool... [In reply to] Can't Post

i hadn't thought of that (i've never done a digital, or UV, copy before). I was thinking it would be a code or some other information i would have to enter, but it might take care of itself when i put the disc in, or at least prompt me. Thanks!

bborchar
Rohan

Mar 14 2013, 7:34pm

Post #10 of 10 (251 views)
Shortcut
Np! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've done this with a bunch of different movies, and they all work about the same way. iTunes is my default media center, so it is the one that usually pops up...but I've never had to do anything more than put it in. Hope it works that way when you try it!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.