Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How to get a Sneak Peek code?

Olessan
Bree

Mar 10 2013, 9:55pm

Post #1 of 14 (759 views)
Shortcut
How to get a Sneak Peek code? Can't Post

I'm in Australia, and I want to see the sneak peek (I think -- if it's as long as rumoured it may not be a good idea.), but because North America gets it almost a full month (more in some areas) earlier than all the other territories for some weak reason, that can't happen unless I make an order of the U.S copy, perhaps from Amazon.
I plan to get the film on Blu-Ray when it releases here, so I'm not going to go paying for a U.S copy as well. The AU version isn't up for pre-order ANYWHERE yet that I can see. Unsure

Is there any way to get a code in such a situation, such as making an order and then cancelling after recieving the code, or is it only delivered upon shipment?
Sorry to ask this, but I've been getting frustrated trying to figure this out.

Joe20
Lorien

Mar 10 2013, 11:10pm

Post #2 of 14 (357 views)
Shortcut
I'm in Australia as well.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think JB HiFi is doing pre orders, but idk if you get a code.

Anyway for all those who do have codes... For the love of all things tolkien use screen recorders when you watch the stream!!!!!!!! Tongue

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 11 2013, 7:51am

Post #3 of 14 (292 views)
Shortcut
Amazon.co.uk blu ray preorder - get the code - cancel your order before shipping [In reply to] Can't Post

Olessan
Bree

Mar 11 2013, 8:36am

Post #4 of 14 (311 views)
Shortcut
Code acquired! [In reply to] Can't Post

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk and they emailed the code within minutes of the order being placed. :)

Joe20
Lorien

Mar 11 2013, 9:30am

Post #5 of 14 (250 views)
Shortcut
haha i'll do that :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx

Neaniver

Mar 12 2013, 8:02am

Post #6 of 14 (143 views)
Shortcut
The code [In reply to] Can't Post

I ordered The Hobbit Blue-ray and they haven't sent me the code yet at all, do we need to ask them.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 12 2013, 10:10am

Post #7 of 14 (128 views)
Shortcut
Maybe check your order [In reply to] Can't Post

I know it's pedantic, but did you type in the correct e-mail address? My code came instantly from making the order. I'd wait 48 hours and then either email them, or cancel your order.

Neaniver

Mar 12 2013, 3:53pm

Post #8 of 14 (111 views)
Shortcut
The code [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok thnx, I'll wait till tommorow but if I dont get anything then I'll just live with it. I Won't cancel the order, because seriously, I'm a Hobbit, massive hobbit fan, and it will probably be put on Youtube some how so I don't care.

andwise
Rivendell

Mar 12 2013, 4:01pm

Post #9 of 14 (99 views)
Shortcut
cheers my friend. [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll check.neaniver needs to calm down (he's my son!) Smile

Arrow....black arrow,I have saved you to the last.you have never failed me and always I have recovered you.I had you from my father and he from old.if ever you came from the forges of the true king under the mountain,go now and speed well

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 12 2013, 4:35pm

Post #10 of 14 (95 views)
Shortcut
It will definitely end up on youtube [In reply to] Can't Post

And if it doesn't, we'll pick the sneak peek apart here piece by piece. Wink There's no such thing as over-analysis.

And welcome to TORn!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 2:43pm

Post #11 of 14 (53 views)
Shortcut
I pre-ordered, got the code then cancelled [In reply to] Can't Post

Free code! I don't have enough money to buy the Blu-ray at the moment. So I'll ask for the EE for Xmas. Tongue

Elenorflower
Gondor

Mar 13 2013, 4:14pm

Post #12 of 14 (45 views)
Shortcut
I think this marketing strategy sucks [In reply to] Can't Post

blowflies eggs. I really despise and hate all this nonsense. They have made enough cash already, just let everyone see the damn trailer free.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2013, 4:20pm

Post #13 of 14 (44 views)
Shortcut
I think it will only work out side the US [In reply to] Can't Post

Because the US orders can be shipped before March 24, we will get the code in our DVD/Blu-Ray. Other countries, where the actual movie is shipped after March 24, get the code with their pre-order.

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 4:53pm

Post #14 of 14 (54 views)
Shortcut
Over-analysis? [In reply to] Can't Post

What is this word? Tongue

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.