Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Who else thinks the "sneak peek" won't be actual footage?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Arandir
Gondor

Mar 10 2013, 1:16pm

Post #1 of 29 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Who else thinks the "sneak peek" won't be actual footage? Can't Post

I hate to say this but I'm not keeping my hopes very high that we'll get the "10 to 20 minutes" of sneak peek entire dedicated to the filmed scenes...

I'm guessing it'll be more like a behind the scenes approach into the second film which takes more of a vlog approach that we've been seeing throughout the last year and a half. (come to think of it, we've seen a couple of behind the scenes look into film 2 already - vlog 4 is filled with the Mirkwood scenes ...)

Sure, a couple of seconds worth of footage might find its way in there somewhere but I'm not expecting anything extraordinary.

Don't get me wrong ... I do hope I'm wrong about this but considering PJ had earlier stated that a trailer was bound to be released sometime in June, it wouldn't make any sense for the studios to release anything new before that trailer.

Again, I do hope I'm wrong about it ... but just to be wary and avoid disappointment! Smile

'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Review

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 1:21pm

Post #2 of 29 (572 views)
Shortcut
Actually I hope you are right... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I want to get teased but not really "spoilered" ;)

(This post was edited by Arannir on Mar 10 2013, 1:22pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 1:28pm

Post #3 of 29 (548 views)
Shortcut
I think it will all be footage that was originally going to be in AUJ before the split // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 10 2013, 1:28pm)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2013, 1:31pm

Post #4 of 29 (559 views)
Shortcut
Of course they won't show 10-20 minutes of film footage [In reply to] Can't Post

But i believe it'll be more than a few seconds.

utku
Rivendell

Mar 10 2013, 1:34pm

Post #5 of 29 (577 views)
Shortcut
I will be surprised if we won't get a trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping it would be 10-15 minutes of behind the scenes, a couple of minutes of a random scene (Beorn's house?) and a trailer and they would only release the trailer for public audience. That sounds just wishful thinking but I mean 9 months left so a trailer would do nicely. The only think I really want is NOT to see Smaug. I hope they keep his design a secret until the movie.

(This post was edited by utku on Mar 10 2013, 1:36pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 1:35pm

Post #6 of 29 (536 views)
Shortcut
I could see it... [In reply to] Can't Post

... being a part of the barrels' scene.

We have already seen quite a bit of it in the diaries and it does not involve any new characters or distinct landscape.

Other than that I guess mostly glimpses.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 1:39pm

Post #7 of 29 (534 views)
Shortcut
I think even the most avid fan agrees with you there [In reply to] Can't Post

No-one wants to see Smaug until they've got their 3D glasses on! Wink (or if they like 2D, their 2D glasses on)

I hope that message is clear to Warners and everyone else. Because it's really important. We don't want another Gandalf in TTT reveal

LordotRings93
Rohan

Mar 10 2013, 2:27pm

Post #8 of 29 (483 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

They never said it was a trailer, just a sneak peek. No doubt it'll be a behind the scenes-type sneak peek, but we might get some footage.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2013, 3:17pm

Post #9 of 29 (447 views)
Shortcut
No doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

We're not going to get to see much if anything I don't think. They are (and rightly so) going to save it. Marketing wise it would be foolish to show much of anything of the second film. We may see a short trailer, hard to say but I think most of it will be behind the scenes stuff we haven't seen already.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 3:24pm

Post #10 of 29 (457 views)
Shortcut
Similar to Comic-Con [In reply to] Can't Post

I think like Comic-Con it will be bits and pieces of footage but nothing that spoils much. Similar to one giant trailer.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 10 2013, 4:41pm

Post #11 of 29 (408 views)
Shortcut
Something like a vlog would be great [In reply to] Can't Post

It doesn't even need to be 20 minutes to keep me happy. A trailer would suffice!

I wouldn't want anything too spoilery (like more of Smaug). Being able to link to an official picture/screencap of the Master and Bard would be nice.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 4:50pm

Post #12 of 29 (410 views)
Shortcut
Beorn [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't mind seeing him in his human and bear form, although perhaps it might be best to leave him for the film itself? I really love that character probably the one I am anticipating the most of the new characters.

Smaug should definitely not be seen before the next film is released.

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Mar 10 2013, 7:28pm

Post #13 of 29 (348 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

have you never been subjected to mass marketing before?

itll be mostly interviews of cast and crw, with a bit of previous unexpected journey footage, a few unseen behing the scenes bits plus extended scenes, and at most a few sweeping shots of new footage from DOS. i wouldnt get your hopes up ,plus who really wants to see much more untill im in the cinema?!

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

Arandir
Gondor

Mar 10 2013, 8:04pm

Post #14 of 29 (328 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking in hindsight at the possibility that [In reply to] Can't Post

a lot of topics will be posted the following day, expressing their disappointment at the lack of footage Unimpressed

Carne
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2013, 8:25pm

Post #15 of 29 (341 views)
Shortcut
Going by the "10 to 20 minutes" rumor [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm guessing it will be a vlog with 30 seconds or so of actual footage at the end. The Harry Potter 6 Blu-ray had a live 30 second sneak peak for HP7.

Then a shortened version of the vlog with the same footage is released later online.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2013, 8:28pm

Post #16 of 29 (304 views)
Shortcut
Probably [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say also, don't buy the DVD if you are only getting it for that reason. I am getting the BR disc because I don't want to wait until the EE. They will not tease us with much and I'm sure some will be disappointed but so be it. I'd rather see it in the cinema. I want a little bit of stuff (Vblogs etc) but I don't want to see too much. Smaug should completely be left to the cinema IMO and not teased beforehand.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 10:11pm

Post #17 of 29 (282 views)
Shortcut
Vlog idea with trailer attached [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm thinking the same as you, only slightly switched. I think the sneak peak will be a full length vlog with a minute or two of finished footage at the end. And then the online release for everyone else will just be the regular vlog.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

Joe20
Lorien

Mar 11 2013, 2:34am

Post #18 of 29 (246 views)
Shortcut
Vlog + a teaser. [In reply to] Can't Post

A teaser not a trailer I think. Just something to wet our appetites.

Something in the same vein as this Dark Knight Rises teaser that was released a long while before the film. Just voice overs with a few glimpses of footage and a lot of black screens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqF8lcKTLw0

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2013, 2:46am

Post #19 of 29 (230 views)
Shortcut
AUJ [In reply to] Can't Post

teaser came out one year before the movie...

we are already less than 10 months before dos...

Time for a teaser!

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 11 2013, 2:47am

Post #20 of 29 (224 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I need me a teaser. Cool

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2013, 2:52am

Post #21 of 29 (224 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog will get ran over by the speedoabbit radagast is dangerously driving around the wildlands...you know, traffic accident Angelic

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 11 2013, 3:00am

Post #22 of 29 (218 views)
Shortcut
Well....... [In reply to] Can't Post

I expect Azog will die in this film allowing Bolg to take the stage going into film three.

Arandir
Gondor

Mar 11 2013, 7:44am

Post #23 of 29 (181 views)
Shortcut
Agree // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 11 2013, 9:13am

Post #24 of 29 (186 views)
Shortcut
Monster mashup in the BO5A [In reply to] Can't Post

I really can't see Bolg getting the chop in DOS. When and how do you think it will happen?

Smile

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 11 2013, 11:06am

Post #25 of 29 (189 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

You mean Azog? I don't know to be honest. Maybe Beorn kills him when he goes once they arrive and puts his head on a pike. Probably not gonna be the case I just think he doesn't make it out. If he doesn't then it would have to set up Thorin killing him at the battle of the five armies, Thorin getting killed by Bolg, and Beorn killing Bolg.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.