Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Return of the Getting to know you thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

zarabia
Grey Havens

Mar 9 2013, 2:57am

Post #26 of 57 (134 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. You're laid up inside with a broken leg, what three things are essential for you to have nearby?

Laptop, a stack of DVD's (mostly comedies. I love LOTR, but I've gotten to the point where I notice all the little things that bug me. Frown) and my puppies.

2. Whatís the naughtiest thing you ever did as a kid?

I honestly didn't do much that was naughty...stupid, dangerous...yesLaughCrazy, but not so much deliberately naughty. I don't know how I survived childhood, especially during the various Olympics when I would try to do stuff like imitate high divers by doing flips off a footstool...never actually broke anything, but had more sprains and strains and cuts and scraps than I can count.Tongue

3. When you're feeling a little down, what one thing is always sure to make you smile?

My precious doggies. HeartEvil They never fail to make me smile, and usually give me at least one laugh-out-loud moment a day. (BTW, what's up with the font changing in the middle of a post???)

4. What are some of the silliest things youíve ever done?

Once when postponing studying for finals, I did a photo spread with Opus the penguin from Bloom County. I put him in an outrigger canoe I had from Samoa where my mom was living at the time, and sat that on the back of a stuffed whale; I called the picture, "Opus, the adventurer". I put a beret made out of a rolled up sock on him and set up an easel and put a paint brush in his fin, and called it "Opus the Artist". There was "Opus the Ladies' Penguin" where I put my niece's Barbie in his lap. (Barbie belonged to my niece, but yes, the Opus and whale were mine Blush) There were several more, but I forget what they were. Yeah, I was bored and wanted to do anything but study. Tongue

5. Youíve been given the chance to ask your favourite actor/actress just one question, what would it be? And who is your favourite actor/actress?

I can't think of one favorite actor/actress or any one particular question, but I think I would really love to meet and talk to either John Stewart from The Daily Show, or Steven Clobert. They are both smart, funny, passionate, and caring. I guess I'd go with Colbert, though, because he's so into Tolkien as well. Smile Of course, that is if I could do anything more than stutter and blush. Crazy

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:12am

Post #27 of 57 (125 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

I accidentally smashed the fish tank when play-fighting with a friend

That reminds me of a time I was at my aunts and one of my cousins goosed her older brother and he crashed through their 6 foot fish tank. He was fine, but the tank was destroyed and we had a heap of desperately flapping fish everywhere Laugh

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:19am

Post #28 of 57 (124 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not part of the punctuation patrol Wink

*and I'm probably a little guilty of that myself too Laugh*

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:23am

Post #29 of 57 (138 views)
Shortcut
Actually I was never really naughty either [In reply to] Can't Post

but, I was great at getting into scrapes, probably because I was (is) a major tomboy CoolLaugh

Wish I could claim to having never broken anything, to date I've broken my lower back, my ribs and my toes -multiple times (just broke the same one again the other day Pirate )

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:25am

Post #30 of 57 (124 views)
Shortcut
That's ok Magpie [In reply to] Can't Post

I can do enough silly for both of us WinkAngelic

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:27am

Post #31 of 57 (132 views)
Shortcut
Ok... [In reply to] Can't Post

If it were Richard Armitage, it would be a different story.

I wants to know! Evil

*I'm a very evil, nosey kitty dontcha know?* Laugh

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:30am

Post #32 of 57 (127 views)
Shortcut
Silly is fun ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL, personally I think working with you would be a scream Laugh

Aww *hugs, love & blessings right back atcha too Brethil*

Ya just got tiger hugged *walks off humming, haven't done that in a LONG time*

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 4:32am

Post #33 of 57 (130 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, Viggo would be very interesting to talk to, he's done so much :)

Mate, you'd have been wearing those snakes if I was your Mom!Sly

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 9 2013, 5:44am

Post #34 of 57 (134 views)
Shortcut
I've had some moments [In reply to] Can't Post

For some reason, I once spent an entire weekend giggling with a my gal-pal sword dance team at a Midwest Morris Ale. That surely means nothing to anyone but suffice it to say, we were seriously incapacitated by our giggling. And anything could set us off.

I like being around silly people. I live vicariously through them. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Mar 9 2013, 5:45am)

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 9 2013, 11:48am

Post #35 of 57 (133 views)
Shortcut
It would be something like... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Look, I'm legal in only two and a half years! You can wait that long! And it's not awkward at all that you're old enough to be my father, or that you're so tall your dwarf height is more than my normal height..."

Or I'd stammer and stare. Unimpressed If I'm feeling brave, I'd hug him and never let go.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards because a refusal often offends." - Terry Pratchett

(This post was edited by BoromirOfWinterfell on Mar 9 2013, 11:50am)

Nightingale
Rohan

Mar 9 2013, 2:19pm

Post #36 of 57 (122 views)
Shortcut
Can't resist this one [In reply to] Can't Post

1. You're laid up inside with a broken leg, what three things are essential for you to have nearby? I've never broken anything (thank goodness, seeing as I am already on crutches for other reasons). But it would be my laptop, cross-stitch, and an endless supply of tea and biscuits....

2. Whatís the naughtiest thing you ever did as a kid? (and donít tell me you were all angels, cause I won't believe ya! )

Erm, jumping in a leaf pile at primary school - I didn't know the caretaker had spent all break sweeping them up! Wink The headmaster pretended to be very cross, but told my Mum afterwards that it was hilarious to see a 6 year old with crutches and large bunches in her hair stomping through a leaf pile....

3. When you're feeling a little down, what one thing is always sure to make you smile?

My Mum. Or my cat.

Well, as a manual wheelchair user, I love scooting very fast down smooth slopes and going 'wheeeeee!'. Never gets old - even at 23. Tongue The best so far is the Turbine Hall at the Tate, if anyone wants to know.... hahaha.

I'm also in my reenactment group at university; so variations on dressing up and pretending to be a Saxon....

5. Youíve been given the chance to ask your favourite actor/actress just one question, what would it be? And who is your favourite actor/actress?

That would be Viggo,....... I think I'd have to ask him to kiss me....
Evil *runs away in embarrassment*

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

"That line between the earth and sky came beckoning to me..." - Laurie's Song

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 2:49pm

Post #37 of 57 (109 views)
Shortcut
***clapping and squealing with deligth*** [In reply to] Can't Post

HeartOooo! I love the BEAUTIFUL tiger hug! (There's no love quite like tiger love, is there?)

I bet we would have a blast Kelx! Well we will just have to have lots of silly fun here on TORn for now!

Sending you back a gorgeous happy day! Smile
Hugs to you and your gang of fellas!!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 2:56pm

Post #38 of 57 (110 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just perverse enough to desperately want to see the look on his face as you said it Sly

Sorry, I really am an evil little kitty LaughBlush

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 3:02pm

Post #39 of 57 (118 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

pretty fond of my furry friends, they really do give the nicest hugs, when they're not checking out how tasty we are Laugh

Well I've had a reputation for silly fun on these boards for a while now, just haven't been around much lately, might have to take up the gauntlet again. It's always funner with help, not that we'd do anything bad WinkAngelic

Happy days for all Cool

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 3:04pm

Post #40 of 57 (108 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I've done similar, sitting around with friends and just giggling like loons over nothing. Fun isn't it? Cool

Pleased to help, silly is much more fun that serious

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 9 2013, 3:09pm

Post #41 of 57 (124 views)
Shortcut
You might like this [In reply to] Can't Post

it's one of my special Viggo pics ;)

*hugs* Kel x

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Nightingale
Rohan

Mar 9 2013, 3:20pm

Post #42 of 57 (118 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes. *that* picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! Sly Although I do prefer him a little older. Hidalgo era is perfect for me. Back to work....

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

(This post was edited by Nightingale on Mar 9 2013, 3:20pm)

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 9 2013, 4:06pm

Post #43 of 57 (102 views)
Shortcut
<High fives> [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm an evil lil' puppy. Everyone's told me.
It's fun to be evil <Mohahaha!>

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards because a refusal often offends." - Terry Pratchett

zarabia
Grey Havens

Mar 10 2013, 5:31am

Post #44 of 57 (90 views)
Shortcut
Wow! You've been through a lot! [In reply to] Can't Post

The broken toes and ribs are bad enough, but a broken back?! You either have good doctors or lucky stars (or both) looking out for you. Did your parents ever threaten to wrap you in bubble-wrap? I think it's fortunate I never had any kids, because I would be a nervous wreck. Crazy

I guess I was never quite as rambunctious as you, but looking back, I think I did break a bone or two in my foot once when a horse stepped on it. My grandfather (it was his horse) was one of those no fuss types; I didn't have any bones sticking out, so he figured I'd be okay. Laugh I don't know for sure there were any broken bones, but my foot was the size of an elephant's and a horrible shade of purple, so it's a good bet there were at least some cracked ones.

Take care of that toe! I never broke one, but I jammed my big toes several times when I was into Tae-kwon-do, and I know how painful even jammed toes can be.

zarabia
Grey Havens

Mar 10 2013, 5:39am

Post #45 of 57 (94 views)
Shortcut
Hey Nightingale! *Waves* [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to "see" you! Smile Hope things are going well for you at school and that you've had a chance to visit some of Tolkien's old haunts. Smile

I agree about liking to meet Viggo, but I just figured I'd be a complete burbling, babbling mess. BlushLaugh

(This post was edited by zarabia on Mar 10 2013, 5:40am)

Nightingale
Rohan

Mar 10 2013, 11:13am

Post #46 of 57 (115 views)
Shortcut
Things are going brilliantly here thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

It really is a magical place! I'm doing loads of interesting work, and having great fun too,

I hope all is well with you and yours; good to "see" you too. As for meeting Viggo, well, a burbling mess would probably be a more accurate representation of what would happen, but we can all dream.... Wink

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Mar 10 2013, 11:42pm

Post #47 of 57 (88 views)
Shortcut
Nightingale - hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear you're doing well.Smile

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Mar 11 2013, 12:11am

Post #48 of 57 (85 views)
Shortcut
My answers [In reply to] Can't Post

1. You're laid up inside with a broken leg, what three things are essential for you to have nearby?
I'd have to have some sort of yarn/thread project (knitting, crochet, needlework), reading, listening & watching materials - oh, that's four. drat. and a mug of tea. five. Though, at any one time, I'd be engaged in only three things, like tea-reading-music listening or tea-knitting-movie watching...
The c
losest I've come to breaking a bone was a possible stress fracture in my foot, which was mostly annoying.

2. Whatís the naughtiest thing you ever did as a kid? (and donít tell me you were all angels, cause I won't believe ya! TongueLaugh)
Making the mother of all mud puddles with my best friends (twins) and my sister in the foundation trench my dad had dug for our new garage - and then sliding into it. Mom hosed us off outside before we could go inside to take baths (which was our whole aim in making the mud puddle in the first place). Other than that, I worked very hard at being quite a tame child.

When I'm sad, seeing one of my son's antics (he's a font of frivolity). When I'm angry, though, I just gotta work it through, preferably with an understanding friend or family member.

Like other TORnFolk who have replied here, I'm not all that silly, not in the 'funny anecdote' sense. But I did make a transatlantic move with my then-spouse and our toddler when I was 6-1/2 months pregnant. I get odd looks from people when I tell them about it, for some reason...

I don't really have a 'favorite', though there are folks whose work I admire. I suppose a dinner party with some of them, where I could be a fly on the wall, would be my choice. Who would I invite? Hmmm... Julie Andrews, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Sidney Poitier, Ian McKellen, Maggie Smith... and others that I'm drawing a blank on at the moment. Now, ask me about my dream opera-singer dinner party, and I'd have the guest list for you in a trice!

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 11 2013, 1:37am

Post #49 of 57 (85 views)
Shortcut
Well all right kel:)..... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Mainly because Iím feeling a wee bit bored (dangerous I know Wink), but also because I havenít really done any of these for a while and I need a bit of a distraction from everything thatís been happening here lately Smile

The 3 things would be to get me outside:2 crutches and a mini fold out chair (for pit-stops)

2. Whatís the naughtiest thing you ever did as a kid? (and donít tell me you were all angels, cause I won't believe ya! TongueLaugh)

At summer camp in the cabin at night some of us would get up and pull this trick: we would get shaving cream or whip cream or some gooey food like peanut butter and on the unsuspecting sleeping cabin mate we would put a said item in one hand (maybe holding the other), and tickle yon nose. We did try the other nasty of putting the hand in warm water but it never worked because i think we were just laughing too hard and said victim would wake up.
Once in high school in gym class during calisthenics, being behind a skinny, really smart class mate with baggy gym pants (Jonathan Venere- a respected friend actually), while a couple of girls passed by, i pulled his pants down to his knees...I did it also to mrs. sil's dad whilst we were working together constructing a concrete walk way one hot summer day. It was the last good laugh we had together when he was in his bed just before he passed on.

Looking at the pictures of my son and i when he was a rug rat tike. Or listen to my wife of the antics we did. One was in a cloth store where on the huge material cutting table i would spin my 2 year old son (laying down with snow suit on) seeing how many revolutions i could get on a spin... 3 and a half i think it was. Or the time of his 1st short motorcycle ride down the block and back at 1 and a half secured with bungy cords (He WAS secure i must add being in a bucket like surround)

Definitely the pink bathing suit thing...without a doubtBlush

I don't know about favorite actors/actresses, but the 1st thing comes to mind would be to ask Viggo what was the motivation behind making Hidalgo.

Remember silly answers are not only acceptable, theyíre actively encouraged WinkLaugh

*hugs, love and blessings* big hug back..looks for baggy pantsEvil
Kel xHeart

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 11 2013, 3:57am

Post #50 of 57 (76 views)
Shortcut
Aw... but sil... [In reply to] Can't Post

we all love your pink bathers LaughAngelicEvilHeart

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.